1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What next?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Obbzy_XR_, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

More repaircosts hehe

2. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

I dont think there could be anything worse for this sim tbh.
    Nothing against these disciplines (or you :)) ofcourse, but when you have a sim thats mostly aiming at roadracing adding rally stuff etc is gonna come at the cost of the roadcars/handling etc.
    Theres Rally games for these types of driving.

I think this is also where PC2 went wrong, spreading their butter over too much bread.
    Id rather see recources invested in improving the handling model and depth in the already existing content.

But maybe this is exactly what Reiza are after, making a game thats as broad as possible while sacrificing depth and I should stfu and develop my own sim. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

I beg to disagree. The RX cars off track were one of the more enjoyable experiences in pC2 and were quite well done. The madness engine can do off-road well and it does take time away from road racing, but I don’t see an issue in spreading some of that motorracing love away from the tarmac if it can provide great racing.
    Look at it this way, if Reiza spends time working on off-road grip coefficients, they will probably also touch up on the grass grip coefficients and maybe it will become less slippery. Maybe the tire grip/slip values will improve across the board as it forces them to evolve their understanding of the seta tyre model. Some might fear this is too much time investment for too little return which I understand, but indeed they are the ones in control of development :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Real Ovals would be great, and would add to the depth of the game,
    It would give my playing a boost.

5. Marius H

The thing with RX.. is that it's so boring. In real life its soo fun cause of all the banging and clashing. You're shaking in the car like you're a sardine in a can. But in a game it's just pewpew around a small track. So some flicks, perhaps hit a car or two and call it day. In Dirt Rally 1 & 2 it was soo boring I just made 1 race/round championships to get my achievements. Offroad in AMS 1 was nice, but it's was bit shallow. It needs proper rally/rx or only RX-sim to be great with all its rules, ambiance, playernames and many more. Same for Rally. Dirt-pack looks cool on paper, but personally I would focus on Tarmac/circuit-racing. Not sure if Ovals would be a thing. The flagsystem is f*cked up at the moment and ovals needs a really really really good flagsystem to be executed well. See iRacing. It need proper rules and all that, like the Lucky Dog, etc. Kiss: Keep it simple, stupid :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ahh well. Now bedtime :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Shriukan

That is because you didn't race with people around your skill level then as the minor screw up and unpredictability of grip always made us catch up to eachother constantly. :)

7. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Is it too much asked to get dirt tyres for the Uno if we get Tykki and other dirt tracks with airtime (as opposed to "just dirt tracks")? To infinity and beyond!

But seriously dirt and those huge tabletop jumps are a nice way to let off some steam if nothing else. I can't wait to do it in AMS2's VR implementation. I'm not expecting them anytime soon, but as @Shriukan said the engine is seemingly very much geared towards them and I'm excited to see how Reiza does it compared to PCars 2.

I do agree about the rules and flags in different series. I hope those can be implemented well going into 3rd and 4th year in continuous development. AMS2's penalty system is already a nice improvement on the legacy system.

---

But first Long Beach

8. Kevin del Campo

Yeah Its more complicated than how I stated it obviously.
    Even though I played the hell out of Dirt Rally VR Im not a huuuge offroad guy.
    But it would seem to me that a dedicated sim for every discipline would eventually be better for everyone.

Letting of steam offroad in VR is definitly a good thing tho.
    Anyone know if Wreckfest comes in VR?:)

9. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Assetto Corsa Dirtizione?

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. muz_j

muz_j Active Member

Technically no - as in it's not officially supported, but apparently it can be made to work (using vorpx), to some degree.
    Comments seem to be it's better than playing on a 2D monitor, but not as good as it would be, if the title actually properly supported VR - stuff like head movement etc.
    In short - it's been "kludged" to make it work, but the result's not ideal.
    Have a read if you're curious, but don't ask me for details, as I don't use VR.
    Steam Community :: Guide :: How to play Wreckfest in VR using vorpX

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS2 already has the Stock Car Brasil 19/20/21 series with all the tracks, drivers, rules and full championships. I'm not sure how excited sim racers in general would be to hear Reiza are going to spend the next six months tweaking minute details of these cars to arrive at something like ACC. I doubt it would bring in many new players. People who say "AMS2 should focus on one series/type of car" actually mean "but not that one that I don't like".

12. Kevin del Campo

Well I never said they should focus on one class but I think we can distinguish between road and offroad.

With all the current classes theyre already spread fairly thin imo.
    And you can see that in the way different classes handle differently in terms of physics.
    This is imo (thats shared by many others) what went wrong with PC2.
    A jack of all trades but a master of none.

I dont think anyone wants AMS2 to become the ACC of anything but I do think ( and again this is just my opinion) most players would prefer quality over quantity.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Apex

Apex Active Member

At this stage it's a bit of a tightrope walk for a dev team. On the one hand, the more content you have, the more maintenance and bug fixing you have to do in order to keep existing users happy and perpetuate the PR work done by ambassadors and influencers. On the other hand new content and a promising backlog often make the stronger sales pitch.

Either way, these days even a quality product is pretty worthless if it's not viral in a very positive way.

14. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

What im currently missing is the ability to change date and season on tracks. I would like to recreate some events I have a RL connection to. Particularly the VLN/NLS Endurance layout of Nordschleife, where events take place from March to November. This is also the tracks where I Lost a RL club mate in 2000 in a racing accident.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A March / April Dev-update would be great

16. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe not repair costs but repair time. So the practice time has to be managed when having an accident. Or if crashing too hard, session is over.

17. Marius H

Hmm probably, but I raced lots of MP RX in Dirt Rally as well. I dont really like it. Just because all the banging, clashing etc isn't that immersive in a racegame. Perhaps if I had a motion-rig or so then it would be great fun. For now AMS 1 & 2 and RBR will do fine for me. Ah well, RX might be worth it but only as a standalone game with it's proper rules, immersion and all kind of RX-classes. Might be fun. Don't know if it works in a real sim, but simcade might be defo fun for the console crowd or and casual simmers

Oval yeah explained it above. Needs stict and proper rules. No bugs, no weird stuff. Thing like Lucky Dog and all that needs to be implented correctly. AI also needs a overhaul to work with 300+ km/h speeds and perhaps 10 cm door2door-fights, etc. Its tricky, but yeah.

18. Shriukan

Oh I am not saying we need RX. Just that the engine is capable of delivering a good off-road experience. For all we know we could see dirt ovals and some tiny big winged devils xD

My comment for you was a parenthesis from the topic I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Apex

Apex Active Member

That would be cool!

I'd also like if the tracks and variants were named according to the years of the specific layouts.

Like for example 'Imola 1972-1973' or 'Silverstone 1991-1993'. Present day layouts could be named 'Spa-Francorchamps 2007 to date'.

20. Jason Pladoh

Jason Pladoh Member

On me Wishlist/Soap Box would be:
    Spec Racer Ford: Can't believe this is not in this game.
    Mazda mx5
    Thunder Saloons
    1980/1990 BTCC

Track wise, More Street Circuits.

Option for tyre warmers so test day doesn't take a week. ;)

Race Category Licencing

Championships for all cars, maybe introduce a Budget to manage, with a free Car/Virtual Prize Money for a series winner.

In the distant future, A Reiza Studios Dakar Game for the win.

ta