1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another menu flickering post-Why can’t they fix this??

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Leadf00t, May 2, 2021.

1. Leadf00t

Leadf00t New Member

So my specs are
    Fanatec DD1 with F1 wheel
    CST F1 pedals

Before I go further let’s confirm things here. —My wheel is straight.
    —My pedals are zeroed out in DIView

I go into the game and the menu goes insane and changes all my settings. I hit alt-tab to go out and back into it and it stops, until I select something. Then it goes crazy again.

This is surely a basic thing to fix and it’s making this game un playable for me. It’s such a shame that what could be a great game is let down by this issue that everyone complains about.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Biucci

Biucci New Member AMS2 Club Member

Are you sure that all the axis of the controllers connected to your computer are properly calibrated? Even if unused, some other axis could send a signal different than 0.
    I can't completely exclude faults on game interface and there may be other softwares that are managing these inputs in a better or more logical way while using the menu but most of the time the issue is not strictly game related.

I've used OSW, Simucube, DEM DRS Integrale (not working properly unfortunately), two sets of Heusinkveld pedals, some thrustmaster wheels and a lot of Leo Bodnar USB controllers, with no issues except two times.
    Once the analogue axis of a microBB controller from Leo Bodnar was not used but not properly zeroed and the other time one of the many unused axis of the DRS Integrale was not properly zeroed.

Your pedals should use a Leo Bodnar USB controller, so it's worth checking all the other axis readings via DIVIew.
    I don't know if the F1 wheel is having any analogue input for the clutch, I would check that as well in case it's available.

3. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

Same problem here.
    Whats worse it wont let me map some buttons, or it will set the function to another button than the one I select.

Had this same problem back in the day with PC2 on PS4 and always figured it was my wheelbase, but it still happens on PC and doesnt happen in any other game.

4. Leadf00t

Leadf00t New Member

Surely it would be easier for Reiza to just disable the feature.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Biucci

Biucci New Member AMS2 Club Member

Just to be clear from the beginning, you are free and fully entitled to have your opinions and I don't want to disrespect them or to start a discussion about this.
    At the same time, I don't want and don't care to defend Reiza.

My point is: are you sure it would be easier for a small team working on a software developed by another, bigger, team to solve the problem or disable the feature?
    As reported by Kevin in the post above, the issue was there in PC2 as well, so it's not something specifically linked to UI implementation by Reiza.
    Another thing to be considered is that the "issue" is there from the beginning, so if it was that easy they would have fixed it a long time ago.

In my personal experience it happened twice and it was "my fault" in both cases.

6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

As a more long time user I have criticised this pCars2 issue/bug before.
    But using some logic then my guess is also that at least the game does "believe" that some of the axis that does initiate this behaviour is "skewed" (not neutral/in the middle).
    And that is principally a calibration issue.

ByTheWay: But to make this bug worse is often that its impossible to be allowed to calibrate precisely because the menus is flickering all over the place. Kinda Catch 22:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Leadf00t

Leadf00t New Member

I might have fixed it by disconnecting USB devices I don’t use.

I appreciate everyone’s help and understanding with my frustrations.

I think I just don’t get how it’s the only sim that has this issue and the onus is on the user to modify their system to accommodate the failings of the menu system.

I’m looking forward to getting some laps under my belt today to tune the graphics and settings.

Thanks again everyone.