1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

I think you’ll find some answers to your questions in the article you are replying to. It’s a long read I know but it packs info you may find of relevance beyond the pretty pics.

Ultimately, while we can work on improving the Multiplayer experience in various ways and come up with ways to stimulate people towards it, we can’t force users to run it when several games already do a good job at offering the solid competitive multiplayer environment with more focused content you appear to be looking for. While we want to cater to that crowd too, AMS2 aims to offer a range of different experiences and many of our users enjoy it for that - there is little value in having more games if they are all about doing the same thing :)

• Agree Agree x 20
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Renato Simioni

Something else - another Premium Track with historical variants. Subject for another month :)

• Like Like x 22
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

I really hope for a sierra rs500 addon car (for group A class) someday..:)

Last edited: May 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Great, thanks for the reply Renato.

If I were a betting man I’d say Monza ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

6. GTAce

GTAce New Member

If you actually manage a proper gamepad feeling, this could actually become a masterpiece for me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

Holly molly, that's what I call a development update, thanks for the info Renato as always, it was very informative.

I hope in the future we can see some Aston Martins in the game, old and newer ones, as it is one very important racing Brand.
    About the multiplayer, all I wish for now or not very long is the option to change, race settings from the game lobby and not have to close the lobby and open another one to change settings, give points to race finishers and in the lobby the points adding up from race to race until the lobby is closed, tracks voting in lobby, if you could have a look at GT sport lobby, just for an idea it is very good and has everything that a lobby needs.
    thanks again and I can't wait to play in the new tracks with the new seasons.
    SOUND UPDATES

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. moneypizzle

moneypizzle Member

I will argue it's mostly the communities themselves that are offering the solid competitive multiplayer environments (apart from iRacing). As far as the article goes I suppose you are referring to the "infrastructure" for multiplayer races you are planning. Those can not come soon enough but I can't help but notice it's being treated as a "faits divers or stepmotherly" while to me it's the drivers that are at the very core of what 'racing' actually is. (compete with another or others to see who is fastest at covering a set course or achieving an objective.)
    If you are not about doing a similar thing why have a multiplayer at all then?

• Like Like x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  9. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

I agree. This would really make it better for the kind of people who already race casually in AMS2's MP. Make the now already rare simple lobby creation concept work even nicer.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  10. Diego Rodrigues

Diego Rodrigues New Member

Lindo trabalho, muito legal termos a gte também no game, vocês tem alguma novidade para o endurance brasil? Até mesmo de carros do ams1 como mr18?
    Parabéns pelo grande trabalho

11. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What about a partnership with stabilished MP platforms (such as SRS or WSS) or upcoming ones (RaceU)? Something like promoting them on the game UI, such as a button that integrates the game to the platform.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Renato Simioni

:whistle:

Actually was referring to official servers offering scheduled open Multiplayer races mentioned perhaps a bit stealthily in the community paragraph, which we believe will be a good boost to draw people more to Multiplayer racing.

Obviously there is more ground that needs to be covered, and that we will over the course of development. A lot of the criticism about AMS2 seems to come down to people expecting us to realise what was always proposed as a long term project with a three year dev cycle in just one, and try as we might that isn’t really feasible :) things take time, some are more complex, some less - it’s only natural that some fronts in a fairly broad game plan will take longer to come together than others.

We are already working and offering the support we can to some of them.

• Like Like x 28
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. moneypizzle

moneypizzle Member

Yeah, so many missed opportunities to involve the community inside the game it darkens my heart :cool:

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Awesome news!

15. RAFAEL MUNIZ

RAFAEL MUNIZ New Member

[QUOTE = "moneypizzle, post: 130103, member: 19206"] Não consigo entender como o multiplayer não é uma prioridade embora .. Quero dizer jogos de corrida e nenhum foco em competir com alguém? E este não é o único título que sofre de backburners multiplayer btw. [/ QUOTE]
    Realmente difícil de entender!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. skylineforever

skylineforever Member

endurance races with P1, P2, GTE and GT3, GT1 at Laguna Seca...love it

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. kami

kami New Member AMS2 Club Member

So happy to see the Corvette! :)
    Any chance that we will see the Viper GTS-R in AMS2? :D
    Anyway, keep up the good work!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Happy tears

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Not gonna lie, I audibly squealed a little when I saw Laguna was going to come

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. moneypizzle

moneypizzle Member

I suppose that's why underpromising and over-delivering (a little) is probably a better strategy.
    Nobody (apart from marketing) asked you to squeeze a 3 year dev cycle in just one. (I'd say you are at least 2 years in development tho) But hey, at least you're trying to be honest I guess.

• Dislike Dislike x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.