1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.4.0 RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.1.4.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

***************** To everyone in this forum and nobody in special *****************
    I'm Brazilian and I live in Brazil since I was born in 1951.
    Things here are "never" how it looks like, one must be an expert in Brazilian things to fully understand.
    IMHO covid-19 statistics are biased by many aspects here. Let's say for example, when someone dies by multiple causes, the death certificate lists them all in order of probability. When filling the official database, only one cause must be reported and that is mandatory covid-19 irrespective of how it positions at the certificate.
    Some longtime present causes of death here were total or partially cured since covid-19 (March of 2020).
    Brazil have about 215 millions inhabitants, 400 thousands deaths represents 0,18% not too different from worlds average.
    More then a clinical thing, everything here was transformed into a political war. And people knows that the first victim of a war is the truth.
    So be careful from what you hear.

Not to completely derail this topic, a legit question:
    How big is Reiza staff (30 people?) and what part lives in Brazil or aboard and what about home office?

And yes, I believe they are working very very hard to give us a good and solid product and make money too, why not?
    Of course this isn't an excuse to what is left longtime wrong.
    But I'm confident they will fulfill the quality standards they proposed.

• Like x 8
    • Winner x 5
    • Dislike x 3
    • Agree x 3
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I know right! I'd love to be able to ramp up the diff on the BMW!

3. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I can't believe you are downplaying the complete chaos we are living here in Brazil, mate, but I won't delve into that discussion any further.

Besides, the last couple of pages of this topic went off track and suddenly people are demanding Reiza to provide internal information about their modus operandi, wtf!?

I've been fairly critical of Reiza's priorities before, but I've never felt entitled to demand them to do as I wish... and I reiterate what I've said before: this last build is possibly the most promissing for the future of the sim: the MP code is getting on par with the other titles on the market. This is incredibly encouraging for the current and future league racing! Now, if only we had a couple of hosting features that are missing...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Tarmac Terrorist

5. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That's my humble opinion. I doubt you are right. But that is another question to be debated elsewhere.

Nobody asked that, furthermore it's up to Reiza moderate this forum if they want.

Me too, I never demanded Reiza anything but I think it's legit users do so.

Finally we agree on anything but... are you demanding a missing feature? Now you can?

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Sadly I have to agree. I think I mentioned 0.7 elsewhere on the forum as being the best the game had felt physics wise (In a realism sense to me at least), and I've struggled with it ever since then. Also, there are some serious throttle input/mapping issues that are just completely unrealistic, surprised I haven't seen it mentioned more, although I have now read a few posts that probably reference an issue there. One of them being yours IIRC.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I 'Can' still find a little fun/enjoyment within the game, and I do hold hope that it will keep moving forwards.

Last edited: May 2, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. AndrewMigL

AndrewMigL New Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the hard work and continuous improvements Reiza!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

In general,this thema does not belong in a racing forum in any way!
    And i only belive in statistics that i have distorted by myself.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There is almost no tyre-wear anymore with the Camaro GT4. It took me 3 laps Jerez with chicane to get the rear tyres to 99% and after 8 laps they were still at 99% with the same grip. Tyre heat is not a problem even after spinning. This was much better on release of the GT4.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Then maybe it's actually an unintended occurance, because tire wear is in the process of receiving adjustments right now for several classes in the game. (and majority of them tend to receive faster wear, tweaked degradation to reasonable states in tearing/blistering/graining etc. also fitting AI to it and heat sensitivity.)
    Thanks for reporting.^^

• Like Like x 1
  11. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Tyrewear is almost off with every GT4 and the class needs a BoP. The McLaren is just the fastest on every track while Porsche and Ginetta are not competitive (>2 sec. off) and the Camaro is at least within one second. IRL the McLaren is op as well and usually getting extra-weight, lower power and/or higher minimum driving height.

12. CrimsonEminence

Yes, i see the tire wear being crazy slow. It's on the map, i think. That's definetly not right! :)

And yes, to BoP the GT4 McLaren even just remotely fine on some faster tracks, it's probably a PITA. I think you know the ADAC GT4 Red Bull Ring dilemma with the car not being able to carry more weight because the brakes don't handle it and you can't restrict more air, because the turbo engine doesn't handle it, so it receives additional pit time. :D

The Camaro GT4 still handles a bit strangely IMO and the Porsche and Ginetta are indeed miles off.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

I'm with you, 100%, the moderator of the forum must check this type of language, and yes time to time you use a "man cave" stereotype too (starting from the Avatar) but yes, these are only woman

14. Tarmac Terrorist

I read somewhere on these forums recently that the GT4's tires don't seem to be wearing. I can confirm that after a very long race in the Camaro GT4 that this seems to be true. Afterwards i went back and tried some non stop burnouts and donuts and yep, they aint waering, seems same wether on slicks or wets aswell. Just noticed this.

15. CrimsonEminence

Yup, it's noted.^^

16. Tarmac Terrorist

Cool, the cars do feel great apart from that, and the SS version, how far that beastie has come!

17. CrimsonEminence

Yes, the Camaro road should behave a tiny bit better now and actually brake also in a colder state better than before...

18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

As we know, the brakes on this car are still way out of whack. Constantly squealing and unbelievably poor performance at low speeds. Turning off ABS has no effect on this, so it appears to be some other cause.

The handling is very nice, though!

19. CrimsonEminence

As we know from the actual changelog, this has been adressed, maybe not fixed. though.
    If it still is problematic to you after 1.1.4.5, the car might need another in depth look. To me the car seems better at braking right now.

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

"As we know" was referring to a post-update discussion that you and I participated in. Put the car in neutral and slam on the brakes at 50 km/h. Not plausible brake forces. They behave as if they are race car brakes that have been in a freezer ;) Also, they continue to squeal incessantly. More work needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.