1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Super V8 + Simucube + Bathurst = broken FFB on the car?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by DaReaLDeviL, May 3, 2021.

1. DaReaLDeviL

DaReaLDeviL www.RacePlace.de

Hi all,

just tested with the newest version AMS2 again on Bathurst with different cars and the Super V8 stand out. As I was driving down the mountain, I get a crazy feeling from my Simucube 2 Pro. It felt something that I never felt bevore... something grainy, like the simucube is not far away from braking a small part in it (but it was just the feeling).

Can somebody please check this on their system maybe?

Attached Files:

2. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Try the 60's Touring cars or th Superkart on any track and let me know if that's grainy as well for you. They've been this way for me since the begnning and it makes them less enjoyable.

3. DaReaLDeviL

Oh yeah - never tired the superkart but feels also very wrong with a heavy grainy feeling. :(

4. DaReaLDeviL

Watch here Automobilista 2 - Simucube 2
    I get the grainy feel away from the supercar v8 but not on the superkart. Must test more this week.
    Give it a try.

5. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I finally tried the SuperV8 at Bathurst and did not have any issues with the FFB feeling weird at all, it was "standard" AMS2 FFB and consistent around the whole track. Are you sure you didn't flatspot your tires somewhere? The SuperV8 has a very forward brake bias in its stock setup.

I also tried the custom FFB file you linked - I don't like it, and it does nothing for the grainy feeling of the 60s Touring cars and the Superkart unless you run FX 0, in which case all the cars feel very floaty. It also has engine effects (which I know I can edit out, but still). No, not my cup of tea :) I like the default FFB with my current settings a lot, just those three cars feel like constantly driving on gravel.