1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

thats the most common mistake AMS2/PC2 useres do.
    Instead of deleting the game, just delete the corresponding folder in your documents and start with resetted defaults. Many people reinstall and forget to do this and then complaint as they are using the same obsolete settings as before :whistle:

2. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

I reinstalled the game and deleted the doc folder.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Marcus Krüger

Marcus Krüger New Member

4. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

This is such a bizarre statement.

What exactly do you think "all into MP" looks like? If you dont want to race MP, no one is forcing you to. The fact is that a lot of us get bored racing robots or hotlapping endlessly. If that's all we have for the foreseeable future, we're all going to move on to other sims (many of us already have) and the content will stop coming.

At the end of the day you need a revenue stream to support the development process.

I could understand if AMS2 had a career mode like Forza Horizon/Motorsport or Gran Turismo and in order to have proper multiplayer, you'd have to delete it out of the game. But that's not at all what we're saying. We just want some kind of rudimentary system to encourage a better online experience. How that turned into your post is a mystery to me.

I have nothing against a good single player focused game. I'd play it myself. But AMS2 isn't it, at least not yet.

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Yes.
    I call those Mp chat a First World problem...in SudAmerica where the ping number > bandwidth , we need solid Hot-lapping and single.player modes.

7. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I read somewhere on these forums recently that the GT4's tires don't seem to be wearing. I can confirm that after a very long race in the Camaro GT4 that this seems to be true. Afterwards i went back and tried some non stop burnouts and donuts and yep, they aint waering, seems same wether on slicks or wets aswell. Just noticed this.

8. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, and maybe some real oval racing, Nascar or Indycar. I love it

9. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

I figured out the best method guys. Firing up an Ermin video now. See you all in a month

• Funny Funny x 5
  10. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Thanx,tested both version this and the newest and must say,it is indeed better than the Reiza FFB now even on my TS-PC Sparco .Long time i was against useing custom ffb files but nowadays it has evolved to the better.:)

11. BattleOvce

BattleOvce In-game Patrik Šulc AMS2 Club Member

Will we ever get a 90s touring cars we voted for? :D upload_2021-5-3_22-47-54.png

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Put it in the "Bugs" thread then please,here it will be read over by the DEVS.;)

13. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you have time to stare at palm trees, perhaps you are not going fast enough...! :) Turn on motion blur and depth of field, press harder on the gas... Palm trees will start looking like a green streaks.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I really don't understand this kind of argument...
    Vegetation makes a lot of perceivable realism of computer graphics. You could also put every slider to "low" to gain 300 FPS like you're playing Quake, to drive even faster and more pro-active...but it's not the point of what he was saying. It should look nice, because it actually matters.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. mrwolf425

mrwolf425 Member

Fantastic shots mate. the glorious days. I love those circuits and this era. Wish Reiza can bring back Detroit and those Open Wheelie American Beauties.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. mrwolf425

mrwolf425 Member

Thank you Sir. Exactly, that was my point. I love perfection and details. I really liked the look of palms in Forza Motorsport (they look like the ones in GTA V). The Art Department in video game development is very critical. look at Gran Turismo Sport for example it is very attractive. I did even criticize the look of the back flame and the rain drops on windshield in comparison with the modded AC, in AC look more pretty and more realistic. If not why even wasting my time making comments here. I can't play an "ugly game". Maybe I should go back to rF2 with its awful outdated graphics and stick with its 2d green cartooni-sh trees. The Madness Engine has a real potential. And deserve more attention. And Reiza will make it possible.

17. CrimsonEminence

You would be maybe surprised, but AMS2 also uses 2D trees all over the place! :D
    And btw. rF2 gained a lot of visual quality, when they've updated (still 2D) trees on track. Driving though the LeMans forests is often considered as looking astonishingly good there now, since they've updated it....so trees indeed contribute a lot and it doesn't matter if it's 2D if the sprites actually are of very high quality and it saves a shedload of performance.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I prefer 2d-trees over 3d-trees, tho. Even in RBR I prefer 2d-trees.. We''re not sightseeing we're racing and performance matters the most. 3D trees are cool, but they will feel and go outdated quickly. Dirt Rally 1 and 2 have 3D-trees and they hurt the performance sooo much and they look ugly as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. CrimsonEminence

ACC 3D trees look quite good, at least with upscaling or high resolutions, each leaf seems to reflect light properly, that's really amazing, but probably also more expensive for performance. So 3D doesn't has to age so quickly today anymore, but the performance argument and also VR peripheral vision might be an argument for 3D trees.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. mrwolf425

mrwolf425 Member

I agree, but vegetation in Madness Engine looks more beautiful, maybe the textures are different or the lighting/shaders from rfactor 2's graphic engine are outdated?

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.