1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

I agree. It's a very nice and fun experience if you like F1. I do enjoy driving F1 cars in AMS2 more, but I wonder if EA is going to do anything with the Madness engine there... it might just elevate the whole series. Formula Renault 3.5 was my favorite car in Project Cars 2 as well.

What's interesting in the Stock Car 2019 is that Guapore burns the right side tires if you push it. They go beyond 100C easily and then wear out fast. Not to mention how you start losing confidence with hot tires. Meanwhile the left side is basically chilling. You have to do some setup changes to make it more balanced or brake just a bit earlier, accelerate a bit later. I think that's cool (no pun intended).

There is this old video from Empty Box that still holds true.

The gist of it is that no sim is perfect. But what you feel makes a difference. He uses pushing with an F1 car as an example and how AC was (in 2013) the only one that makes him feel like the car needs to be pushed more and it'll stick. We all have our idea of what is and isn't realistic, but I appreciate how different sims speak to us. The brilliant part about AMS2 is the sense that tires don't just magically stick to the road at the limit. On average they do, but there's all kinds of detail. And then you can also push them beyond the limit a bit easier than in other sims.

AMS2 ketchup
    . And in a fries and ketchup kind of way. Not a classic dish ruined by ketchup. Ketchup is why each new car and track for me means that I get to experience it in a new way. It's now some sort of SMS+Reiza hybrid where the good people at SMS built a great platform and Reiza is perfecting it with Heinz.

Perhaps another developer over there is going with the sprayable mayonnaise approach. I don't like mayonnaise that much to be honest, but I appreciate that some do. And isn't it nice that you can now just spray some on?

A few quality of life improvements this year and I think soon we'll move from glass ketchup bottles to the easy squeeze variety. Perhaps one that's designed to be left upside down in the fridge. It's really annoying when you have a mostly empty bottle of ketchup and it's upright. But it's still ketchup once you get it out.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Pcars always have Donington. It is not a very good version though. Interlagos was allegedly laser scanned for Pcars 2. Not sure if it is the same version in 3.

Jerez, I have no idea but I think Reiza one is better for me but it is more like I don't play Pcars 3 much. It is not a bad game if you take it as a gamepad game with god awful car classes.

3. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

The problem is not the take, the problem is the license to get and pay.
    SMS can gift all to Reiza if they want, nevertherless Reiza is not allowed to use a single one, if they don't get a license agreement from the owners of the IRL tracks.
    The same for cars.
    So to say "take them all" is a bit naive ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What happened to the catching fences at Interlagos 1976?
    It is like hitting a wall!
    ss143320.jpg

Interlagos 76 and F-Retro G1 still have issues, especially between Curva do Sol and Sargento. After 10min of race it is like Ping-Pong, car is pulling to left and right...

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's super effective :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

At least its more realistic than driving right through them.

7. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

First just driving through them but now it's an unmoveable wall and a lost of run off area.

8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Donington, interlagos and Imola are upgraded versions of the AMS1 tracks, not the pCars2 tracks.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Also, there's no Interlagos in PCars 2.

The logic in the original comment you're replying to is a bit hard to follow as well. He starts by saying "some of AMS2 tracks look like they've jumped over to PCars 3" like from AMS2 to PCars 3? What the hell? Then follows with "Donington, Interlagos, Imola just to say a few all look like upgraded versions compared to their predecessor PCars 2" where exactly do they look better? In AMS 2 or in PCars 3? But judging by the first phrase wouldn't the predecessor be AMS 2? I'm so confused!

I can't help but agree with the last sentence, though, as I would also love the Reiza track team to bring over every track from PCars 2 as there are plenty of great ones there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Its not a runoff area, its a fence. In real life your car would get captured by the fence and be mangled in it.

11. Marquise Schumacher

Marquise Schumacher Member AMS2 Club Member

12. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Good sir, now I understood your thoughts perfectly. Thank you for the clarification. Now I only need to install PCars 3 and take a look at the tracks you mentioned to see for myself, or maybe watch some videos...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Some of Pcars tracks are quite inaccurate such as Sonama Raceway and Reiza track team did better with a lot of tracks, such as Bathurst, Donington, Imola in AMS2.

SMS has some really good laser scanned tracks and some of their non GIS surveyed tracks like Monza is pretty decent IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Still Reiza is re-working them significantly and they still need to pay licenses for AMS2 as the ones for PC2 would not be valid

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. B Stu

B Stu Member

Classic Le Mans and Bannochbrae. If they could bring these over I'd love it

• Like Like x 7
  16. Marquise Schumacher

Marquise Schumacher Member AMS2 Club Member

My question is this? Where does the accuracy in your criticism come from? Have you raced at Sonoma? Or is this your opinion based off what you think it should look like? Just a straight forward question.

17. Apex

Apex Active Member

Many of us have expressed a preference for more depth rather than adding more classes with one or two cars.

I think it might be worth it to include the tracks in that line of thinking. For example we have the F Vintage G1 and G2, but we don't have any tracks/variants from that era. We have some early and some mid/late '70s variants but not really enough for just a short championship. Same with the '80s and early '90s F1 cars.

Don't get me wrong, as I wholeheartedly appreciate what we've got - maybe I'm just a tad concerned AMS2 will end up being all over the place like PC2. As an example, I love the 917s and the 512s in PC2, but there are only like three period accurate tracks where you can drive them. That's a lot of dev effort making these cars when you can't really recreate anything even remotely resembling the 1971 World Sportscar Championship.

If you'd ask me, I'd say the four to five cars per class aim that Reiza are going for is absolutely brilliant (I expected three), and five to seven tracks per historical class would be enough for creating you own little championship.

I guess what I'm trying to say is 'don't start what you can't finish', and I'd rather have a few quality classes and loads of suitable tracks than the other way around.

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I also miss the cones on the historic oval with the name i can’t say let alone spell. :whistle:

19. Manohy

Manohy Member

I agree with you. The thing is most of actual AMS2 fan especially the fan boys are old PC2 fans. These people are constantly asking new contents because they want AMS2 to become an another PC2 or the PC3 that they didn't get. AMS1 fans progressively went back to AMS2 or migrated to other sims. Few are continuing with AMS2. AMS1 was among the few sims that had the most sim oriented community ( depht, hardcore FFB,Ai and physic) so they needed something equal or more from AMS2... .

• Disagree Disagree x 10
  20. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Could you please share a representative survey for this conclusion or is this just anecdotal reference?
    Example: I came from Hardcore AMS1 usage and mostly moved over to AMS2 now for several reasons (especially because of depth). :)

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.