1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Can you imagine the backlash by way of bumpy view complaint posts? I do adore S397's Sebring though, truly a challenging venue.

• Funny Funny x 5
  2. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure why we are discussing as if there weren't tracks for a certain period. There are many 70s tracks to go with the 70s F1s. There are several 80s tracks that go with 80s F1s, Gr.C, touring etc. Not sure how long is your proposed championship going to be but usually the ones I was part of were on 6-8 stages size and definitely there are and with Spa and Nords historic yet to be added, there will be enough

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Am I wrong if I presuppose that 70s cars have absolutely no problem driving on as example a 2020 track?:rolleyes:
    Both in RL and in the virtual one.

But maybe its only an overly sim-ish attitude expressed by the few historically corectly "simmers".:p

ByTheWay: Do I have to say that I absolutely dont care about correctness in this area - hehe and most other areas - ByTheWay :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ettore

From the historic point of view I would not care much but some actually do care and it would be understandable, just some of the features in the new periods tracks (like kerbs) may not go down very well with 70s cars at times but it really depends...

5. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

AFAIK, the only international multi-make series that are missing manufacturers are:

DTM 1990-92 (missing: Audi, Opel, Ford)
    Worlds Sport Car 1987-89 Gr.C (missing: Jaguar, Nissan, various smaller ones)
    FIA GT 97-99 (missing: Panoz, Lotus, various smaller ones)

The problem is of course that, apart from the Lotus Elise, those cars would require acquiring new licenses. But it's not like they have one GT3 car, one GT4 car, one GT1 car and then nothing else.

Speaking of missing cars that should be added, can we get the P2 prototype stock car that's running in the 2021 Imperio Endurance Brasil series: :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

The Elise GT1 would be a fantastic addition! Easily one of the best looking GT1 cars in my opinion.

Plus the Imperio would be a neat addition for the existing Endurance Brasil content

7. Juan Reinoso

Juan Reinoso Doctor SimRacing AMS2 Club Member

I tried the online after several months with people between 50-90 ping,

5 minutes was enough to see little has improved ...

There are still problems with collisions, with a little touch the cars lift off the track (as if they had no weight)
    Some cars of the other players shake constantly and when seeing the front wheels it seems that everyone is playing with gamepad, since what is seen it is an on / off in the direction of the front wheels,

Sadly the online is still a game breaker

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Ettore

GT1 is missing Toyota GT-One and Nissan R390

9. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Mostly unlikely since all P class cars are based on 2018/19 models. Updating the P class to 2021 of course could change that. Personally, I would love to see the cars from Imperio Endurance Brasil, including GT3/GT4 and GT3 Light/GT4 Light. :)

10. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I will try to summarize, not having a decent physique in the stockcar 2020, not having a new sprint race, bizarre rain animations, cars with strange behavior ...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Could you please provide any proof for that?

• Like Like x 1
  12. SunBro

SunBro Member

@Renato Simioni About the upcoming usa dlc i just noticed a suspicious thing in the teaser picture. The steering wheel looks as round as the old rsr. We will get the "new" i mean current rsr right? Because current rsr has this steering wheel:

2019-porsche-911-rsr-for-fia-wec.jpg

Please don't tell me we'll get the 2019 exterior with 2017 interior :( That'd be a bummer.

Edit: I just zoomed in and yup there's no way this is the true current wheel. See the green circle? It should have a red rotary dial in it. Let alone the whole wheel shape...

A small letdown but... eh... what can you do...

sfdsg.jpg

Last edited: May 8, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

Can anyone tell me when you drive with an xbox one controller on pc if the rumble triggers work to give you information?
    And if you can set up different things with the controller (deadzone, etc...), and if there is a guide to do so?
    To me, those two were crucial in Project Cars 2.
    And if it is more sensitive to brake in AMS2 with the gamepad than Project Cars 2?

Last edited: May 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Because I was in WMD which I have seen these tracks being made daily in front of me. I have seen the laser scan point clouds or photogrammetry meshes that was gradually turned into a track. Some of those tracks has some really good references from drivers who driven there many times or WMD went out to the tracks to collect them but others did not. Other part is personal preference, similar tracks in other games gave me better flow than some tracks in Pcars. And if it’s really quite poorly made with fairly flat mesh, you can literally see when driving which is really clear with Pcars Sonama Raceway or R3E’s horrible Monza.

Watkins glen and Sonoma Raceway in Pcars was made fairly early in development of the first game which they have not even decided on a lot of minor details.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Pcars 3 is not a bad game but it is a bad Pcars game. It is decent as a gamepad only game but with a wheel, it is atrocious.

16. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

All the Formula Classes are missing manufacturers, I can live with that, but they do.

17. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow, if somebody will ever ask me about the meaning of the term „first world problem“ I will show him your post. :D

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. RDG

RDG Active Member

The exterior is clearly the 2019 version, the 2017 and 2018 versions have a different front.

19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

He is saying, that the car has the 2019 exterior. He wants to assure, also the interior is fitting the exterior.

20. RDG

RDG Active Member

I need some coffee.

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.