1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goldilocks and the three bears

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by BazzaLB, May 8, 2021.

1. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

I thought I would do my own "Goldilocks" testing just for fun. I thought I would try Rieza's Formula Vee at Guapore in AMS1, AMS2 and rf2 as my 3 dishes. Same developer, different sims and I have to say they all drive completely differently.

Having never driven a Formula Vee or even seen one racing in any form , here is my very brief take.

AMS1. I find fairly tame. Lots of tyre squeal but pretty stable really.
    AMS2. Close to AMS1 but more movement with slight bit of oversteer on throttle in the corners and turn in. Feels natural enough
    rf2. The lift off oversteer in this version is monumental (but fun) but seems over the top

So, having sampled the 3 dishes, I find AMS2 feels "just right" for me. But I would very much be interested in Rieza's opinion as to which of their versions is more representative of the real thing. Sure, I am very very unlikely to get a response but I am interested regardless.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Im maybe wrong but I think I have read that @Niels With the Wheel ;) was involved with both the rF2 and AMS1 version.

ByTheWay: Its the @Real Niels - I mean the tire model legend. OK?:D

Last edited: May 8, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

@BazzaLB Coincidentally, I was comparing the FVee on the same track in AMS1 and AMS2 these days. In my opinion, the AMS1 even better represents this car. More careful driving is necessary, difficult to save and, when you achieve this, it is more pleasurable.
    Not that the AMS2 is bad, but here the car is more comfortable / controllable, if I may say so.
    Btw: In both, using manual gearbox (h-pattern) and clutch.

Last edited: May 8, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Then why is the rf2 car so much different to the AMS1 one I wonder (as in Night and day different as described above)

Hmmm, I found the opposite actually. I found the FVee in AMS1 extremely stable under hard acceleration and braking through corners, but in AMS2 a little more twitchy (not by a lot)

rf2 was a Lift Off oversteer beast! (Great fun as I say, but so much different from AMS1 and AMS2)

5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The AMS2 car has a newer tire compound, than the other Vees. Not sure how much different it is exactly, but it's definetly expectable, that the AMS2 car will be more controlable indeed! :)

And the rF2 Vee is just plain horrible IMO (doesn't has to mean inaccurate, but still)...it's so damn edgy, it feels like running on bycycle tires in the worst moments. :D

Last edited: May 9, 2021
  6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Because Niels is a really cunning guy.
    He has his own way - and if he feels his 1st version was off then why should he make the 2nd version off too.
    Thats why :p