1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Finally found a good bit of time to do some tuning for my T300 ( which means something else wasn't done lol )
    rFuktor 4.0 wasn't gelling with me and was stubborn to tune, So using 3.7 as a base, I have gone through it with a lot of trialing things, and come up with something quite different from my usual .
    There's quite a few minor changes that add up to quite a bit.

Its a balance of informative and compliant , with less excess .
    Its super smooth on my wheel which is great because some files make it feel like a gear driven.
    I can drive my problem cars with far more confidence, and my favorites just beg to be pushed harder.

edit: I mistakenly left out my tm control panel gain settings in file, will amend tomorrow, but I run at 75 gain, with other inputs 100/100/0/0.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  2. Efe7to

Efe7to New Member

@Kuku Maddog
    Care to try my T300 file? It's modified from the Stakanov 3.9 Alpha 3. I'll try your and let you know. I use lfb at 40, damper 80 (this is subjective, lower is to stiff for my taste).

Edit: liking your tune better than mine. I'll just tune the kerbs down a bit, for my liking.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi all, new file 4.0 feeling good here apart from the lack of scrub and kerbs being way too aggressive.
    Bit of tweaking and it should be peachy.
    Tried it in the wet before tweaking and found the scrub/loss of grip to be perfect. Not sure what to do now as increasing scrub will overdo it in the wet.

4. Alegunner68

Your sen adjustment highlights what was missing for me in previous files, it adds more feeling at lower steering angles.
    But 4.0 seems to have rectified that for me to a certain extent, I'm finding it to be very good overall especially in cars like the Mclaren F1 GTR.
    I also use damp very low to get the most feel.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Great Ape

Great Ape Member

Have my rig up and runnning again, will give that a try this evening.

6. Alegunner68

Tweaked the file slightly for my csw, i'm finding I have to change less each time a new one is released yay.
    Great work as usual Karsten and all.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

To avoid losing setups, replays, etc that you want to keep, why don't you just backup these sub-folders before deleting the entire Documents/Automobilista2 folder structure, then copy each of these sub-folders back across when the new Documents/Automobilista2 folder structure has been generated?

I sometimes get weird and weak FFB feel when I launch a new AMS2 session but I've found it usually occurs if I've been playing another sim (particularly AMS1) immediately beforehand, and then launch AMS2 straight after. A PC reboot, or even just unplugging wheel and restarting wheel driver software, always seems to resolve it for me.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Regarding copying stuff back over: my reason for not doing it is I don’t know which file is causing the corruption (if any?)

Regarding the reboot pc / wheel suggestion: I’m slightly embarrassed to say, I hadn’t thought of that(!). Because I had read that deleting the folder often rectifies ffb problems, I just did that on impulse, so thanks for the suggestion. If it happens again, I’ll try a reboot first.

9. Kuku Maddog

Updated My T300 file to V2 .
    Some small improvements and
    added some useful info of settings and instructions for new users that might be unfamiliar with custom files if they have link shared to them.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

I think you forgot to attach the file? Also the file link in your description does not work :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kuku Maddog

I just updated the original post with new file
    but here it is as well.
    I will have to edit my signature with new link later . ;)

While i have your attention.
    i really like the feel of higher brake feel as it is kinda progressive into the corner.
    but there is a issue of the initial bite being too sharp , adjusting weight value seems to help a little but has trade off.

edit: V3 ,inclusion of brake fix

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Karsten Hvidberg

Down the file there are these lines:
    (brake_centering_l (+ 1 (* 2 brake brake_feel (power grip_fl 4))))
    (brake_centering_r (+ 1 (* 2 brake brake_feel (power grip_fr 4))))

maybe change them to:

(brake_centering_l (+ 1 (* 2 (power brake 1.3) brake_feel (power grip_fl 4))))
    (brake_centering_r (+ 1 (* 2 (power brake 1.3) brake_feel (power grip_fr 4))))

And adjust that 1.3 coef as you need it?

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried your file, and I really like it -thanks.

It's not too different from the file I've been using. I'm currently tweaking my file with some of your settings, I'll post when I'm happy with it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Copy back the contents of a single folder at a time and retry the game after each. For example, if you copy back the entire contents of the Replays folder and the game is still fine, then you know they're not the problem and you can keep these files. Once you establish which folder causes the problem, you can even try a file (or few files) within that folder at a time until you establish which individual file(s) causes the problem.

Obviously only worth this effort if you have anything saved that is particularly precious to you.

15. Kuku Maddog

Yeah that’s definitely a fix, now just need to see what feel can be achieved, but it feels decent and progressive enough before locking at that, with brake feel back up to 1.5 and weight back to .30
    Will play around in next day or so.

16. Richard Busch

Richard Busch New Member

Thanks Kuku. This works just great with my T300.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

Thanks for your input here! I am generally finding the same things you are with my CSW 2.5. Your also correct...the rumble strips are way to heavy on the FF response and the scrubbing is lacking a bit.

Going to try your tweaked 4.0.....what in game FF settings are you using with it?

18. Alegunner68

st: 131387, member: 27831"]Thanks for your input here! I am generally finding the same things you are with my CSW 2.5. Your also correct...the rumble strips are way to heavy on the FF response and the scrubbing is lacking a bit.

Going to try your tweaked 4.0.....what in game FF settings are you using with it?[/QUOTE]
    Can't remember exactly, but in the ballpark of 65,15,65,5.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  19. Karsten Hvidberg

rFuktor 4.1 high end file.

Finely tuned again by @Shadak & @Panos Schoino. Amazing what these guys feel on their DD wheel bases.

Combines the best parts from 3.8 & 4.0 and adds:

* Improved grip loss feel on understeer.
    * Much improved tear & scrub windows of action.
    - Work better across all car types.
    - Finely tuned around grip loss. Tear up to grip edge, scrub then taking over.
    * Improved feel of "bite". More feeling from the tyres lose and regain grip.
    * "center_full" now controlled by the LFB slider as well. This makes the LFB slider make even more sense, better control of the center full feeling.
    * "brake_coef" added with value 1.3, idea by @Kuku Maddog. Softens the very beginning of brake feel a little.
    * @Panos Schoino put in the extra time to also adjust for better Kart feel.

It should be mostly straight forward to carry over most values from the other tunes to this, we hope!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Kuku Maddog

Very short test ( about 3 cnrs) but liking the slip feel over previous values.

is it just scale changes, or is there a deeper change in rack code needed to transfer.

brakes oddly still had a sharp spike initially.

• Agree Agree x 1