1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Does reverse stay applied, when holding the button? Because it's a gear-shifter function usually.

2. CrimsonEminence

About 50%(!!) less downforce than the 2019 spec, it's also narrower, heavier and has a shorter wheelbase.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

While the engine is still just as powerful so it really makes it harder to put that power down and keep them stable.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Marquise Schumacher

Marquise Schumacher Member AMS2 Club Member

Interesting, kinda sounds like what I said. Lol, Lucky guess.. Or was it;)?? Lol

5. Marquise Schumacher

Will AMS2 ever have a multiplayer system similar to GT Sport? I own Every sim and SimCade and honestly, I believe GT Sport’s multiplayer system comes Second to none. The only problem is GT Sport isn't a Sim. True GT Sport Copied Iracing, however, they did it much better.

6. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

GT Sport is in a unique position since they have such a large active user pool. They can actually have good public lobby racing, which is tough to do on PC.

Someone here mentioned the typical PC public lobby makeup (1 alien, 2-3 fast people, 2-3 fast but unfamiliar with the track, 2-3 rage quitters) as a way to highlight how important league racing is to PC sim racing. The problem with league racing is that in general, most people there are fairly decent racers, so it isn't a great place for beginners. PC sim racing is tough for a beginner, as the public lobby experience isn't usually great and there isn't a large pool of lower-skill-but-serious racers out there (as there is in GT Sport).

I think this is why AC is so popular with beginners. There are a lot of packed lobbies for cruising, drifting and hillclimb/touge (all of which focus on fun more than competition). I don't see many packed "traditional" AC servers (at least in the US). However, there are a lot of ranked systems out there for that crowd (SRS, etc.).

For AMS2, I think things will start to pickup quickly once the average 24-hour peak hits 500 players. I took part in an SRS race and while the interface was clunky, the racing/connection was fantastic. Looking at the steamdb charts, we are exactly where we were a year ago, which isn't that bad considering that since the low point in June 2020 (after the post launch hype died down) there has been steady growth and it finally matches the launch numbers.

• Like Like x 1
  7. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have a slightly different experience with leagues on PC - all that I've raced with were fine with newcomers and less capable folk could happily race similar-minded folk in lower splits. And it all counted to global leaderboards via clever pointing systems.

So I definitely would say that leagues are best place to start as you'd race similar level racers and most importantly get some feedback about rules/driving etc, which you'd never get in public lobbies unless, of course you want to expand your insult vocabulary :whistle:

8. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree on many points except that most leagues have for fun races and usually there are some guys that will help newcomers figure out the sim and its setup. You may not be at the level to be competitive for the championships in a league initially but if you stick around for a bit eventually you will be able to stand your ground in a reasonable amount of time.. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Marquise Schumacher

Articulated very well, However you forgot one thing. Iracing, which is exclusive to PC. It works just fine. iracing is very similar to GT Sport, I just believe GT Sport execute matchmaking better. The problem with iracing is not player based. The problem with iracing when compared to GT Sport is the freedom of choice of series. When you allow the freedom iracing does, this allows for neglect to less popular continent. GT Sport provides 3 options for daily Races plus the Nations and Manufactured Cup, theirs also the option of Custom lobbies. This is the sweet spot that GT Sport has mastered. Slightly Mad Studios made this attempt, problem is they waited to Long and choose the wrong version of their Series. The GT Sport style matchmaking would’ve been an amazing asset to Pcars 2 around Late 2018 and going forward.

All Reiza would need to Do once executing this matchmaking system, is to market through all the simracing YouTube influencers. Look at what influencers did to ACC. That was a Dead sim that completely came to life.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Friend Reiza said 3 years of development, launching content without finishing what already has will take 10 years, wants a game example that in 1 year was very adjusted is Assetto Competizione, yes I know that the team is bigger, but even bigger focused on just one thing, if Kunos is bigger and focused on one thing, why is Reiza being a smaller girl wanting to embrace the world?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ricardokil

The fact that the staff are all agitated, the wives of AMS2 appear to defend, the fact that huge texts to justify the unjustifiable, if I managed to agitate the staff, I wrote some truths that in my humble opinion is for the good and not for the evil of Reiza, it was already worth it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Ricardokil

If this "physics" engine is a wonder, having several cars in the game with similar physics and similar behavior and behavior is a difficulty that Reiza is having to understand it? wouldn't that be a reason to curb content and focus on refining those cars? please be honest, do you believe that the quality of the GT3 and GT4 in the game will clash with ACC for example, a frank and direct question without the intention of disparaging Reiza, but being objective, what would you say?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ricardokil

For the leagues that broadcast the races this light is needed, the replay feature in the transmission is needed, but what matters is more content, isn't it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

what is truth?
    Knowingly something very viewpoint and subject related.
    Hitler, Trump, Musolini, all insisted on THEIR truth. And their wifes too ;)
    Jesus, Mohamed and Moses had also their truth. And people even bust their head since 1400 to 2000 years because of this truth.
    So you really think your truth is THE truth ????
    naive! , truthly :p

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

I get the feeling you might like ACC just a little bit :p

16. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As Reiza has explained several times (but you keep acting like you didn't hear it) the professional resources that do one thing are not the same that do the other. Stopping graphical artists and sound techs and physics developers will not help the guys who are working on the core program and the MP features by all evidence.
    And yes Madness Engine is a physics engine unlike Unreal Engine 4 which is a graphical engine and the difference is significant. And yes it is evident to anybody who has read about it since the SMS time that it is probably the most advanced and detailed available.
    And yes I do like the GT3s and GT4s in AMS2 even with some things yet to improve and I like them more at every physics and core game update despite like all other sims they have their shortcomings and I fully realize the flaws and fakes that are embedded in ACC as well and in their cars behavior and prefer AMS2 even though it is in a less mature state because it feels less faked and pre-baked.
    And like me there are many others and rest assured this crowd will grow once AMS2 gets in the proper state of development and get the advertising it deserves.
    This is my personal opinion and I see no reason to go and try and preach it into an ACC forum trying to convince everyone there that they are fools to believe that the optimal tire pressure is 27.6 psi on all cars and tracks in all downforce configurations and with all the track temperatures. I see no reason to try and explain them that there is no way in the real world that increasing damper stiffness will increase BOTH responsiveness of the car and overall grip as AC/ACC depicts them. I see no reason to explain that ACC should be thrown in the garbage bin because their differential is practically speaking having zero pre-load and telemetry shows it opens up immediately acting practically as if it was an open diff.
    Like Renato keeps saying: all sims have their limits and quirks and we should let people enjoy what they like and avoid this aggressive "my sim is better than yours" war...

Last edited: May 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Offtopic:
    Think you want to say: Point of view or reference frame. Truth is always the truth. You can state it with facts. but point of view and reference frame do not, but it can form you how you see the world. Ok ok.. Back to racing :p

18. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Good question, will have to check that out.

19. CrimsonEminence

It's equally important. You don't need to believe me, but such a light is not always an easy task to be implemented and the simulator is also usable without it, until this has been implemented correctly.

Your way of summarizing the work on the project with such a sentence is quite unfair.

20. Apex

Apex Active Member

I can't back my claim with any facts, but I think Reiza would prefer our inputs on game physics rather than metaphysics. That said, tweed and pipe go well with the Caterham Academy, so you never quite know what they expect from us.

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.