1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2: The ‘Not-a-Priority Things to Fix’ List

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by GregzVR, Apr 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

I know custom championship features are in the works, but another way to have custom a.i driver names, is to possibly enable the attaching of custom driver names to the liveries within each custom livery's .xml file.
    By all means, keep the default names there for the default skins, but having Crew Chief tell me that(random dev/backer/etc name) is leading or behind, doesn't mean anything for me, lol.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. LibranRabbit

LibranRabbit Member

List RPM red line of car in selection menu for those with off board RPM gauges, so we can set them without redlining it in the pits to find out.

3. chris cadby

chris cadby Member AMS2 Club Member

When using the racing trucks in VR the driver model disappears and only appears when you look down to the bottom right.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Fingers crossed for more control of AI liveries (and more specific AI options in general) to come out with the custom champ tool..

Edit - my bad, didn’t see your more recent post on this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. F2020

F2020 Member

Just doing a championship on the older f1 cars with the mod from Race Department and would love to be able to change the names and teams to fit the proper old roster.

The teams would also need to be weighted correctly as in Ferrari / Williams at the front.

Also, a man waving a chequered flag at the finish would be good.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

can you please create a bug thread for this..?

7. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Imo this is the most important option that is missing atm. It’s so essential for offline racing having real names and proper teams strength. Hope this will come someday otherwise racing the Formula cars is quite senseless for immersion (although I love to drive them).

• Like Like x 1
  8. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

hi, well turns out I was half wrong on that..while the McLaren F1 GTR actually did use H pattern shift, the model represented ingame is the LT - longtail - version which had a sequential gearbox..as you can see here

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For custom championships it would be nice to have a .json file or something so we could control bop. I think Madness already supports ballast, boost control and throttle plates right?

That .json could grow in complexity as time goes on to allow for more customization.

10. I Drive Demons

I Drive Demons Member

So I have a few theories behind this. But every week I do a couple of practice sessions before my races. Normally I don't have issues. Except for this week I was on Velo Citta, only 8 cars made it to the end of the practice session. I set the practice session to 2 hours. In the clip below you will see at the end of the first hour every car is either permanently pitted, retired, or disqualified. At the end of 1 hour, 8 cars out of 25 survived. The AI was 85 percent as that is about my pace, plus I have issues with learning this course.

Now to my theories, the first theory is the most plausible as it happens in Cyberpunk and is a common problem. When the CPU becomes over-taxed the AI will tend to get wonky as the computer doesn't have the resources to manage them. The other theory I have is that the course is too tough for the AI to navigate and thus they tend to crash.

Anyone else having this issue where the AI turns into nothing but a demolition derby?

Below is my second practice session.

Now I know it's not because I didn't delete the championship. Why? Because practice sessions are not on the calendars for championships. So I do my practice sessions in "Custom Event" and just keep notes. THEN on my day for racing, I move to the calendar and do qualify and the two races.

Any other ideas?

Twitch

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

This is a possibility. The best way to test is to try even more AI and see if it happens faster/worse and try fewer and see if at some point the derbying calms and the AI run a normal session. Remember that even in a normal session, the AI can make mistakes and there could be spots on a particular track that are more problematic for a particular AI series (where there will be planty of mistakes), so to be sure, you would also have to see it happening across multiple series. But "random" and plentiful mistakes could be a sign of something going crazy due to lack of processing cycles.

12. I Drive Demons

I Drive Demons Member

I'll be testing this out today, and yeah I understand that mistakes are bound to happen, its a sign of good AI. But the reason why I think it's the processing cycles is literally the amount of cars crashing out. Additionally, in my first session, I had 2 cars crash out in the pits and literally just stayed there for the entire session. It was funny as heck to see and just thought it was a hiccup until it was repeatable. I will try to get more cars on the track.

UPDATE: Currently stressing the system and I can't seem to replicate last night. Weird I might be writing off as a fluke. Ran a 2 hour race and now a 1.5 hour practice different cars and different tracks. I will be investigating throughout the night

UPDATE 2: I have replicated the issue. I took Stock Car 2020 to Velo Citta with SLOBS on. However, unlike earlier in the day I added something. RTX Broadcast. It appears that NVIDIA's GPU based tool pulls some CPU resources as well. That is what happened. RTX Broadcast's Green Screen effect fudged the AI somehow. I don't know what it means. The test is still ongoing. After this race I am going to race other tracks and courses with RTX Broadcast on. I am also thinking that resizable BAR has something to do with it as well.

Final Update: After turning on the RTX broadcast and running another session all cars dropped out of the session within the first hour of a 2 hour race, this was Stock Car 2020 at Velo Citta. Then I switched back to my other experiment and ran GT3 at SPA and all cars are on track and an hour has passed. I am convinced that this is track specific.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
  13. Marc Collins

Fascinating. But to prevent yourself from going insane, run A/B tests changing only one variable at a time :) So, you can try SC 2019 at two or more tracks, including the seemingly problematic one, Velo Citta. If that doesn't show anything, then repeat (same car, same tracks) with the RTX Broadcast running. As soon as there is a pattern, expand the circle of test candidates. For example:
    • more series/cars and tracks if RTX Broadcast seems to be the issue
    • more tracks if Velo CItta appears to be the issue
    • more series/cars if SC 2019 is worse than others
    As soon as there is a repeatable pattern, report here as some of us will try to help dig further and test more. I certainly will if it is not the RTX Broadcast that is the sole disruptor :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. I Drive Demons

I Drive Demons Member

Sorry for not being clear this was A/B testing with only one variable.
    The 4 hour control:
    1 2 hour session at Celo Vitta with SC 2020
    1 2 hour session at Spa with GT3
    SLOBS was on and streaming
    No webcam usage
    Results: Both sessions all cars finished.

The 4 hour experiment:
    1 2 hour session at Celo Vitta with SC2020
    1 2 hour session at SP with GT3
    SLOBS was on and streaming
    RTX Broadcast was on and doing green screen.

Now I need to go through and just do 2-hour sessions of tracks and cars. Then I need to do other cars at Vitta. It does seem like its 2 things, long-form racing which is all I do and Broadcast. So now I need to do more control and experiment cases.

Okay I will stop flooding my original comment and come back with more data at a later date.

• Creative Creative x 1
  15. y2kfred

y2kfred New Member AMS2 Club Member

A small problem that annoys me as a multiplayer almost every day:
    What is displayed on the multiplayer dashboard often does not correspond to the real session you want to connect to.
    Especially the remaining times for practice, qualification and race are often not correct.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

One other aspect that Reiza needs to look better is the dash camera.

In almost all cars, the internal dash camera is misaligned either - to the left, or to the right of the "center" of the screen.

For most users who use a steering wheel, this seat position (because of this offset) is rather awkward:(

Last edited: May 14, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Yeah seat left , right would be welcome for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Marc Collins

Are you talking about the cam that is between the two driver cockpit cams? I don't seem to have a dash cam?! The one I mentioned is more like a "passenger" cam and the bonnet cams are external, so assume you're not talking about those.

Could you provide an example or two of which vehicles are affected? I can't find any, but it will be easier to cycle cams on a specific car with the problem :)

19. Romeo Foxtrot

Romeo Foxtrot Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If I understand it correctly, it's one of the things that bother me. In the Mini JCW in cockpit view I keep the steering wheel off the kerb at the exit of Paddock Hill Bend, for example, and touching the inside kerb at Druids. This leaves me with wasted track on one side and corner cutting on the other.

In cockpit cam I expect the steering wheel to be very close to the right side tyre and further away from the left side but it seems to be like a Spring Race car or an open wheeler with the steering wheel at the centre of the chassis.

20. Marc Collins

Complete mystery as to what you are talking about. The steering wheel and cockpit seating position in the Mini JCW is exactly where I would expect it to be in a right-hand drive car--on the right side. I can move the seat up and back, change the FOV, look around the cockpit (with joystick mapped to do so), and drive the car and the wheel is always right in front of me, centred on my screen and exactly where it would be in the real car. You must be referring to some other issue or maybe can explain more?

• Agree Agree x 1