G920 - no automatic wheel rotation

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by phenix14, Sep 27, 2016.

1. phenix14

phenix14 New Member

OK... I've tried all the potential solutions I could find after searching but I just can't get auto wheel rotation range to work for me. I'm using a G920 with the latest driver and the latest version of the profiler. I've got the profiler set to allow the game to adjust the wheel and set to 900 degrees of rotation. In the game I have custom range set to "no." I have the game and logitech profiler running as administrator as well. This is on a completely updated Windows 10 as well. I just bought this game yesterday and have not been able to get this to work right. One thing I noticed is every time I go to the controller setting page it shows a gamepad in the profile window. Is that just the default behavior or does it think I'm using a gamepad and don't need rotation range adjustment? Is there anything I can change in the controller.ini file to correct this? For what it's worth, I know that if I change the degrees of rotation in the profiler that change is carried through to the game, but the game won't adjust it for me.

Edit: I should also note that PCars and R3E are able to automatically set my wheel rotation with no problems. Only having an issue with AMS

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  2. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

There's a possible solution for the G920 problem with the implementation of the new Logitech SDK.
    Just wait a bit more for the confirmation on this by the devs.

3. phenix14

phenix14 New Member

OK. I wasn't aware it was a known issue. I guess for now I'll try making multiple profiles in the logitech profiler and assigning a hotkey to switch between them.

4. gongo

gongo Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

-

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  5. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I guess this shouldn't be a problem.
    At least it was what R3R did (about the driver thing).

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. phenix14

phenix14 New Member

There are enough other problems with the old drivers anyway, can't imagine many people are on them anymore.

7. gongo

gongo Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

-

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  8. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Member AMS2 Club Member

One thing to note is that "upgrades" to Win 10 locked out many folder locations & files to read only access. Please do check that your profile folders are accessible by AMS

MyDocuments/Automobilista/USERDATA/CONTROLLER/ controllerprofileavename.ini If any of these are read only then AMS will not be able to save any of your changes, hence why you may be having issues when re booting the game.

Possibly.

9. phenix14

phenix14 New Member

Control settings are saving fine. It's actually not much of an issue to alt+tab out of the sim to change the DoR when needed. It's not like I'm switching car types all that often now that I'm getting more into it. I'll wait patiently for the patch.

10. DaveS78

DaveS78 Member AMS2 Club Member

This must be what's going on with my G27. I haven't played the beta in a few weeks (been busy) but I noticed tonight that my wheel is not matching the in-game wheel nor the rotation of most vehicles anymore. I have to turn the wheel much more than I should in the open wheel cars. Win10 keeps messing with Profiler to where I've had to reinstall it twice so it recognizes my G27 so maybe my issue is something else.