1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is no one talking about how good the Metalmorrow AJR series is in AMS2?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Raceracerace, May 11, 2021.

1. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

I do not see these cars mentioned a whole lot, coming into racing circa 2017, in AMS2 they drive very good. And they have a range of engines, v8, v10, turbo 6, straight 4 and various torque levels.

6 months ago they were a bit iffy like a lot of cars, but since this patch especially they have come into a world of their own.

We have GT3 cars that are driving so very good now - there's a real differentiation between them all, and its the same with this series. But I kind of like it better in a way - because the GT3's are basically the same types of engines and here you get to drive a thumping v8, turbo 6's, v10's and straight 4's.

Yeah I don't know why people are not mentioning them, or am I missing something?

edit: Yes I know all cars have come a long way, but I just spent the better part of a day testing all the cars from the carteham all the way down. Gen 3 car 2 of retro F1s is a fave of mine, but when I did all the metalmorrow's (and the turbo one the other night at interlagos historical which was a blast perfect track to fire it up on)... they just stood out above the rest in terms of having a series and each one is really good.

Maybe the AJR's do not fire the blood like F1 cars or have the interest of GT3's (and I drove the GT4's and was surprised as well) or something about them I am missing, but I think they were a cut above, is all. Not even in Rfactor2 are they like this, AMS2 has become a meaty title in a lot of respects, lots of nuances now.

As I said I raced at historical interlagos a fair bit with these especially the turbo models get stretched there, and Santa cruz do sol is another one for technical stuff, but they also race anywhere well and are highly versatile to boot. They also come with all the creature comforts like traction control, turbo, abs, DRS, and the fuel map is a good one on these to adjust for various courses, onboard roll bars adjustment and brake bias; take the v8 and lower its map a bit at certain places and anyway I think it just shows off the game pretty well.

You know what they say better to race a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

The other track I like to take such cars and similar is hockenheim 88 short. Its one of those nice 50/50 tracks with good variety and good scenery. All the historics but speilberg short is another great drive for cars like these.

I will always set up a day, practice at 9am (or its too dark in some places) with 50% clear to cloudy then random; then 2pm overcast to cloudy (its the best midday light it seems then sun comes through a little, and atmospheric) then random at end; then 4pm race with cloudy weather for some nice lighting and realistic type colours, and random - because its always nice to be surprised by rain in this game but race finish is random too, and I do 3 or 6 laps.

This is how I came upon the MetalMorrows - I was looking for cars to adjust mid race. Glad I did again.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

I agree, they're fantastic. Maybe one of those things where it's not quite LMP1 level or otherwise a known prototype make like Audi. The selection of engines makes these really interesting. I think I prefer Judd simply, because it screams. But I'm also a sucker for a good BOV sound so liking the turbos too...

The P1 category is interesting. In Brazilian Endurance racing it's about LMP3 level, but with less restrictions. These custom P1 AJRs are dominant over the few LMP3 Ginetta G57s that take part in P1 as well (predecessor of the G58 which you'll find in AMS2).

I'm not 100% if this is reflected in AMS2, but the P2 class is actually old P1. So a legacy class for what used to be P1 machinery.

Do try these at Long Beach once we get it. Excellent exciting track for high aero cars, because you're inches away from the walls and terminal damage.

---

PS. In Finnish "moro" is an informal "hello". And metal (music) is of course one of our more interesting exports. Not sure what to make of that, but there you go.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Raceracerace

Thanks for the information I found it very interesting. Speaking of that, tried p2 class again - the metalmorrow in p2-class is a cracking drive these days too it seems. Its far less lifeless than it once was and actually full of beans. Sigma has come alive again as well. Driving them round hockenheim short 88

4. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I also agree, the AJR are great cars and very good to drive. As @oez mentioned, maybe it is because they are less popular than LMP1 cars from Audi, Porsche, Toyota,...
    The P1 cars are not less exhausting than any F1 or GT car, no I think they are harder to drive.
    But my favourite Metalmoro cars are the P3 and P4 (with the MC2000). These cars really give me the feeling, neither the car technique nor setup makes you fast, just your driving experience and perfectionism. I love them to test my skills :). Why? It's not neccessary to drive > 300kph to have fun or to get fear, with these cars and driving at the edge, that's much more racing than reaching 370kph on a long straight.

5. Raceracerace

If one takes the straight 4 version, he will have to wring it and push it round the track and it gets up and goes hard. The v10 its engine power will overcome much and its less effort, I am using something like 190 spring front with 90 ARB, back 200 with 50 ARB, and 0.5 toe at rear - think rest is default. A very spritely car and snappy. Will keep one on their toes. Slow bump and rebound on front is 8342 and 10240. rear 7593 and 91xx. Steering lock 20.

not sure about lifting or lowering ride height seemed ok.

6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Probably because everybody have his own personal favorite car.;)

ByTheWay: Why is no one talking about how good the Formula Reiza car is in AMS2?:p

7. Raceracerace

Dang. We will need a whole other thread! (skipped that one today)

you know... hehe :) maybe you took it a little too literal.

Well with these, being non F1, the tire gripping and biting and the overall power and FFB is sublime. I do not think there is a better just now example of a high powered non f1 car in the game. Yes, class c and gt1, sure and I drove them today as well and was mightily impressed, but these things are something else; and having a bunch of different engine configs to play with and contrast is excellent. The m1 pro car is aggressive again and various others but these stood out.

From the point of view that the class/series/these cars are more complete than in many titles.

8. BrunoB

You are completely right.
    But is anybody saying that?
    Because otherwise such kind of "argumentation" just to cover ones own oppinion is called a "strawman". And not considered the most legitimate way of argumentation.

ByTheWay: Even in the often pretty hatefull RaceDepartment forum you dont often se oppinions like My favorite car gives much more racing than yours.;)

9. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The AJRs and SC2019 are the best cars in the game. I talk about it. Right now.

The introduction of the "wind tunnel" AJR in AMS1 was already an anticipated moment for me and i wasn't disappointed. This is a serious prototype with some character under the hood...

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. BrunoB

The Formula Reiza is the best car in the game. I talk about it. Right now.
    Why is it the best?
    Because I say so.
    Capice? :D:D:D

1.jpg

11. Raceracerace

There are 100+ cars in the game, and this is not about my car is better than your car - everyone here owns the title. What you're on about is not even a part of this forum topic.

Whats got your goat about this whole thing any way? Unhappy with the world? Normally when someone is having an open discussion about something and another person comes in to 'poo poo it' they are generally unhappy with something about their life and apply it to the thing they are using to not engage with their life (in this case you may be using the game to not engage/avoid some aspect of your life?); and its a way to exert some kind of control to make up for any lack of control in their own lives; which sometimes they avoid, can't do anything about or are just angry with and need some time to settle down/work through it/let such anger pass/be more constructive - thus you come across as passive aggressive.

So why would you wanting to be shutting down a subject and putting the stops on it? Is this like those kids who pick up little birds, so chirpy and sweet, that did nothing, and they throw the bird onto the ground or let it out the cage, just to spite? What does it achieve?

Please, do not fire at me, champ. I am not interesting in whatever perceived problem, transgression or 'mistake' you think I have made. This is not a subject that requires a standard or a prerequisite. Its a forum topic about the game, and if anything is a commendation and not a criticism.

Its simply only down to your own discontentment levels in some fashion that you would run interference on a mutually interesting subject (and on its own forum) - because I am talking about a lovely, nice, and sunny/happy topic about some really nice cars in the game, which are - yes - overlooked a lot, but have also shown some dramatic improvements.

The question is not "WHY" is this question even being asked.

You do not have to participate in this discussion, nor do I have to justify it to you. Go sit in the corner and think about what you've done. :rolleyes:

[but because this is the internet and communication is key]

In saying that - the f1 classic Gen 3: cars 2 and 3 are among my favorites on any sim. I am only saying/revealing this at this juncture because the metalmorrow series is so complete and so good. Not that others are not, but its one that probably not even you race much, and I am not playing favorites.
    ^ I race in some tricky courses as much as the easier ones. Hockenheim 88 short is a fave of mine (and highly versatile for any car) but I will also race in the rain at velo-cita and similar ones; so this is yet another reason why I found the P1 m-morrow series a great one as its adaptable. But maybe velo-cita was too much for the straight 4 - did push it though and didn't have a major play with the setup, it was a test all the same, where the gt4 mclaren went well with a tweaked setup (tires at 150F and 145R and reduced p and c, 6 clutches iirc and 30 lock, rear downforce reduced one notch, lower camber by 1.0 and even in the rain that did fine. Though the AI does slow down a little; won on last bend. Unlike MMorow you can't adjust sway bar when on the track.

And I also like doing Montreal but with Formula v10 gen 1 model down further in the cars page. So its not like I do not like these things; can also go well at imola (or anywhere with another space). Its just the MM AJR series had additional, rarely spoken of completeness; perhaps the same could be said of other things I don't know.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

I think you need to head your own words....only because I see no spite or anything negative from the comments prior to your post there.

Sorry, I do not see your point or relevance and think you are way to personally critical against another member that showed no spite on anyone or anything.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. alink

I don't know!
    But with AMS1 and AMS2 I recognized that it musn't be always a big and powerful car for hard driving. I had and have much more fun with smaller ones, like the P3 and P4 or F-V.

14. alink

I like the combo AJR and Curitiba because with the fast turns and the high grip they are really good to drive. Another really good track is Brailia Full Circuit. Fast turns and some straights.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. BrunoB

By coincidence I have just fighted very hard to up my position yesterday on this Brasilia Full in the F-Reiza.
    Im #3 on the LB and eventhough I came a tiny bit nearer #2 I had to realise that I cannot go faster.
    The 2 above me are about ½ sec faster but it doesnt matter what I do - I cant catch up:mad:

ByTheWay: You are right its a pretty challenging track but also one of the tracks with an extremely nice flow. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Jerez too in the P1s - several thrilling, sweeping flat out turns!

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Long Beach

18. Raceracerace

Its not that, man. I don't trust any car that has more than 6 gears.

Oh... and BTW: do you find "btw's" conniving? lol

this is a guy who used to pay BIG for iracing. I am not going to be putting a lot of faith in which cars he recommends. Its just a shame that the f-reiza which he is talking about has regressed.

Why bring up something negative?

__

btw... ignore the above if it offends you or makes you be negative. I don't want to ruin your day from so far away, champ.

btw x2... EVERYONE knows he went off and drove the metalmorrows more than ever before - he is just trying to be manipulative and bring things to his own agenda. Its the reaction to the action I probably put into him by pointing out something positive - that he reacted with something negative toward the thread, which until then was not a negative zone in any shape or form.

I don't know - if you want to do a paypal.me to him I am sure he would gladly take your money from you.

btw - I mean if you're gullible enough to fall into his frame...

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  19. Raceracerace

come on, man, those F reiza's youre referring too need a LOT of work and need their own thread, if we're honest. the 1100 HP retro gen 1 f1 car 1 is a far better drive and more engrossing to boot.

Oh... btw... you drive them? lol

oh, and btw x2: what a life it must be racing up those leaderboards in such a car, how inspiring a world you have. Not that I am not glad you're playing the game, but is it just me or does your picture denote a lot of sitting?

oh btw - there's no more btw's atm. Because "Basillia" outer, I presume, says it all. F-reiza, there, yuh. I get it now. Drone-level. The metalmorrow's are worth your time. But try them for you at Jacarepagua ring road one; metalmorrow's dont have as many creature comforts as someone such as yourself being impressed by them and what you would probably demand in terms of grip and buttons on the wheel - since you can't stop talking about F-reiza's even in the Metalmorrow thread!

:D

But Bruno - you've done me an even bigger favor than you could ever imagine - you highlighted the goodness of the Brasillia Full course. Please forgive me because I did not set this bit up - I actually much prefer driving it with the P4 Metalmorrow car. And water-planing in it during rain there is the best.

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  20. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Love those Metalmoro. Still hoping there will be more of the Brazillian cars. They are tougher to drive but they are fun.

• Agree Agree x 1