1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is no one talking about how good the Metalmorrow AJR series is in AMS2?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Raceracerace, May 11, 2021.

1. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Did a race with full P1, P2, P3, P4 field at Brasilia Full. I drove a Metalmoro MRX Duratec P3.
    This fast and flowing track, this 'simple' car, this is great driving :D!
    Your own driving experience makes you fast, not any car technic or setup or.....
    I hope that some more Brazilian / South American cars and tracks will come in future.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't talk about them because it isn't my favorite,
    They tent to over-steer under braking,
    The Ginetta is the best in the series, but to slow.
    And I don't trust the physics of the ARJ Honda, is it broken?
    And perhaps that is why it is so much faster

Only with bumpstop 0 the dampers are really working.

MetalMoro AJR Honda Bumpstop 0.PNG

As soon as I give the front bumpers 1mm bump-stop it locks up the damping significant, and strangely it starts locking the rear dampers also?

MetalMoro AJR Honda Bumpstop F1R0.PNG

We have 5 cars but actually you have to drive the (Broken?) Honda, so we have a single car class.
    Perhaps, after all, it is just my bad driving?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

No idea, if it's broken, but it's indeed "interesting"!
    It's definetly not bad driving, though. :D

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  4. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

No worries at all, just did not understand your personal angst for the other persons comments, and most of the other stuff you wrote quoting me.

5. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

Thats cool. He really likes his F-Reiza's it seems and I am not going to be wanting to put too much of a dampener on his enthusiasm! He can drive that car its not a competition, which I think the comment at the time could be construed as. In my mind I was thinking "half my luck that someone in a forum of 50 keen people would come in to troll lol"

As for you its possible I considered your account a mock account or second account. If thats not the case I mean no harm or ill will to you. I wish you the best of times on the forum. I do like playing a straight bat as they say, so I am up front about things but I will not be meddling in your affairs, probably only supporting you and others.

Maybe you can understand the notion that I am not angry I am merely trying to keep this topic on track. Sometimes people come into threads and change the topic - and this is all about AMS2 so its no big deal, but for this series which may need more development, lets keep it to that series of cars (mainly anyway) for this thread.

The thread is shining a light onto some certain series of cars. Yes a lot of our conversations on the forums is and can be good-natured and about things in general but its also a forum where developers come to now and then, and so if someone did have something to say about the series like some people have, its good of them to write it here.

There is nothing more disorganized and confusing than making a thread about a particular car, and rather than someone contribute to the conversation (and I have been guilty of it at times, I am not saying he is a bad person) they needlessly take the topic away.

This: But his comment at that moment was not a good natured comment, I am not sure if your main language is english and that is ok, but he was being sarcastic. His question was sarcastic and not a useful question. That is all, so the topic stated clearly what it was about, he knew what he was doing - being 'facetious' or mischievous or deliberately contrary, I do not know but I was not having it.

Someone even made some very good points as to why they do not play these cars.

As to the Ginetta in the P1 section I agree that the Ginetta is a fine car and I was using it before I used the Metalmorrow. I still use it but not for a while. Mostly at imola.

Thanks for the graph, guys. I felt driving at Hockenheim short course 88 that most cars, and these too, put up a good show, but maybe for other tracks its not as dialed in as it needs to be. I felt the straight 4 and the v8 were the best of the bunch, and could adjust most things.

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  6. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

Spot on these cars are very broken, they drift everywhere.
    Ginetta is spot on, great car but obviously no where near fast enough in P1.
    Not sure what happened as the Honda was pretty good a few months back

7. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

In general, I love the P1 class and it is one of my favorite classes in AMS2. All cars (except one) are based on 2017/18 cars. As far as I know, today all P1 class cars in the Imperio Endurance Brasil are using the Chevy V8 engine (except the Ginetta which uses a 6.2 L V8 developed by Ginetta). Also, in the Imperio Endurance Brasil, Ginetta is using the G57 and not G58 but they are pretty much identical. The G58 is used in Prototype racing all over the World like Brit Cars and Dutch Supercars Championships. IRL, the G58 is faster than the AMS2 in game version.
    Indeed, the 4-Cyl Honda is the interesting one. It is the fastest but at the same time punished by unstable behavior and high fuel consumption. While the car can be used to set quick laps in Time Trial, in a Endurance race it is rather useless due to the high fuel consumption.

8. CrimsonEminence

A little disclaimer for communications sake:
    You don't refer to a "broken" state. The cars are "wrong". Broken would mean, you can't even drive them, without something game-breaking happening.

I disagree they drift everywhere, but the dampers indeed look wrong, with applied bumpstops.

There is something else wrong with it. It weighs just 30 Kg less, has less torque, less power, a turbo and it is faster than the Chevy V8. That's not quite right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The AJR originally used the Honda K20 turbo engine, but it suffered from poor reliability and low torque so was replaced by the Chevy. Source: Metalmoro JLM AJR Takes First Win | dailysportscar.com

In this case, if the AJR Honda drives poorly yet is faster than the other models, that is probably a reflection of reality, rather than the Madness Engine being simcade. ;) I agree that the brakes by default seem rear biased but that should be easily fixed. Not sure about drifting in every corner either, maybe I'm just not good enough for these cars to appreciate their brokenness. And the poor performance of the Ginetta in the P1 class sadly reflects reality as well. :(

10. CrimsonEminence

The Honda has less torque with "just" 30 Kg in car weight advantage and no other real changes to the whole Prototype. The Chevy is very likely the candidate to be actually faster and driving more poorly in reality, on most tracks.

Last edited: May 15, 2021
  11. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That is informative,
    Never looked at fuel-usage in AMS2 because almost all multiplayer races are short.
    So I had to try a Single Race
    I just did a 55 laps 101/70 test race at Jacarepaguá Historic 2005 Oval,
    (The oval doesn't have hard-braking-zones to possible spoil the fun)
    I drove a Judd and became second 7 seconds after Heitor driving the Honda.
    I stayed out he had to make a pit-stop, The only other Judd staying out was Renato.
    My tires were totally worn-out, still i made the final lap the fastest lap.
    If tire wear had a greater influence on the lap-times, the Honda could be the best choice,
    But is hasn't so the Judd was the best choice. (I made one error costing me about 15
    It does add to the fun, taking into account a strategy.

• Like Like x 1
  12. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The stats shown for the Honda are completely wrong, as usual. When the turbo kicks in, it has
    630 hp and 700 Nm peak torque.

13. CrimsonEminence

Uh Oh...This is quite much...especially when the V8 should've the higher torque... o_O (In this case car performance seems wrong, not UI info)

14. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Speaking of something wrong......
    The Ginetta G58 IRL has a top speed of 306 km/h (190 mph). I can't get that in AMS2 even on the long straight at the end of the Nordschleife.