1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What about undiscribeable unfair Drivers in Multiplayer?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by roemer7000, May 11, 2021.

1. roemer7000

roemer7000 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Renato Simioni

It's not the first time that we (the community), try to do fair multiplayer-races and one special guy (az.667) is going to ruin the races. The following video is an example of his behavior. What can we or you do with that stupid guy? We can't kick him. Race starts at 13:20
    He's trying to disturb us until finish...

Greetings,
    Dominik

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

Why can't you kick him?

3. Mikk Schleifer

Mikk Schleifer Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Server was filled by 15 players and its a pita cause of high percantage vote criterium, i guess some guys even dont know how to vote or read the chat, this stupid behaviour from this clown and vote system made me reinstalled Assetto Corsa and should be instantly reworked, i am not the only one pissed off .... and dont tell me using password.

• Like Like x 1
  4. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

I see. Is it a non dedicated or dedicated server? If it is a non dedicated server, the driver host can kick anybody with two clicks. If it is a dedicated server, the only solution I see is to contact the admin to blacklist the guy, because yes, the percentage of votes to kick someone is a bit high. It's 2/3 of drivers votes if I remember well. Reiza should set an option to reduce this percentual.

By the way, I agree that these trolls ruin the fun.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I’ve come across him. Rammed me off track twice. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nothing can be done at the moment. Even though there is a kick vote implemented, I've yet to witness that mess work.

Many needed multiplayer features seem to be either too hard to implement or bottom of the list of priorities atm. A shame, really.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

Yes, I agree. The game is more than one year old and, until now, multiplayer is still left aside.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

This guy has crashed some of my races before too.

It's difficult to vote to kick someone mid race, even in practice. I've got to jump out of my headset and grab the keyboard and mouse and then go back to racing. It's just too hard to do in the heat of the moment.

I proposed a week or so ago that instead of trying to implement a matching system based on speed or "safety" like iRacing, that a basic system of ratings based on percentage of race laps completed would go a long way. This is yet another example I think of where something like that would work. How are you going to finish a whole race while you're spending it trying to ram people off the road?

Then when you start your lobby, you just establish a minimum criteria for however the measure the percent of laps completed metric. It saves a lot of crazy stuff that iracing has, that while I appreciate on some levels, I think it is more complicated than it needs to be, only works with extremely large participation groups, and has major drawbacks and disincentives for people to just jump in and race sometimes.

9. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

As a former iRacing member I know that their SR (safety rating) approach to minimise the wreckers paradise syndrome doesnt solve the problem.:cool:
    There is a reason they have to use some kind of reporting to a human steward too.

My own solution while I was a member to get out of the official open races demolition derby - was to join 2-3 of iRacings "private" or closed leagues.
    Because in such a league there is often no reason to create strict rules against wreckers or even bad behaviour. Because when people get to know each other and are met with mutual respect then most normal sim racers completely stop mocking each others.
    I think the english word is some kind of cameradery will be established.
    And if a single idiot gets in then we have simple tools for that :p

ByTheWay: The only problem as I see it is that people think its possible to create rules and algoritms that will make it possible to make open public races with more or less random participation a fair and non-wrecking experience. Hehe no way.
    It will never happen. You only need 1 or 2 idiots to spoil it for all others.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't race with az.667 or Masterlooser. If I see them I just quit and join another lobby.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Lucas Vieira

Lucas Vieira Member

It doesnt fix, yes, but if the player has enough protests against him, he will be ban from the game. Thats the point. I must say it works, i have used the protest system and it works.

At AMS2 i think a blacklist system will also help, if the Lobby owner had a player at his blacklist, this player cannot join his lobby. And if a player got kick out from a lobby, cannot rejoin anymore also will help. Also the lobby owner should be able to kick whatever the player he wants also its a good option.

Quoting Bruno, By theWay: How sad must be the life of the person who join the server just to mess up the race of others players.I think he cannot drive by itself as a real racing driver, so he must had this kind of needed to do that, to affirm he is good in something. =P

• Like Like x 2
  12. mansell

mansell Member

well, dominik, there is actually a way to punish him: send him the vid to hear the backround "music" for one hour!
    i know its a severe torture but he deserves it... :p

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. roemer7000

roemer7000 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

As @Lucas Vieira said it would help to set those guys on an own blacklist so they can not join. Don't know if this is possible to implement...

14. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

The first thing about a personal blacklist for every lobby starter should probably be possible to implement -and would help a lot against known wreckers - but..
    But the other one where a lobby starter should be able to kick any joined player when he feels in the mood to do it isnt the worlds best idea(IMO).;)
    Because just because you are a lobby starter there is absolutely no garantee that you are not also an ass hole :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

I can't think of anything that can prevent a simple text filter in a lobby, or a nick name search and block.
    " Select driver.mode, driver.name, drive.behaviour, where driver.behaviour <> 'Asshole' "

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

You can chanfge nick at any tiem in steam....and...I tried it....you can play the game with an alternate steam ID in family share. It's the same with AC, Wreckfest, Dirt Rally 1+2, PCARS2, etc. To avoid that, the Devs would need a anticheat solution like BattlEye.

17. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Fortunately, Steam tracks every account with a unique string of numbers, known as your Steam ID

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

You can have multiple steam ID with multiple Steam profiles on the same computer. Very few games don't allow family share. You simply change profile and log in again.