1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Dam

Dam New Member

EvilNando: I own the TS-PC Racer too.
    You can follow what Andrei advised you. In Control panel I personnaly set the "Master Gain settings" at 100% (Andrei at 90% with his t300RS).
    Then In game, I highly recommend the "Silver Raw - rFuktor 3.4 - Momentum Rack 6.1" which is a FFB custom File from Karsten Hvidberg, you can find it here (in the second post): Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

And In game, with this file, my custom settings are
    Gain: 55
    LFB: 70
    Fx: 50
    Damper: 0

Thanks to Karsten, AMS2 FFB is a blast!

2. thomasoeli

thomasoeli New Member

Hello @all,

I am looking for current FFB settings for the DD1 with the Formula V2 steering wheel and V3 pedals.

I am interested in the settings in the tuning menu and InGame.

I would be happy if you would share your settings with me.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards, Thomas

3. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

I'm going to start by saying that as of yesterday I watched a video on Youtube from DONK.
    It showcases the Custom FFB file/setup and use in AMS2.
    So I decided to give it a go as I was literally about to give up after the last few updates and found myself hardly wanting to play AMS2.
    Usually I'd give it a miss as some custom FFB files just feel as the user would want.
    But I was at the crossroads lol.

I used the Thrustmaster Messing file v2.5 Smooth.
    All I can say is WOW what a difference a day makes, it has totally transformed the game IMO.
    Not only that but cars that were literally awful to drive now feel awesome.
    Stock car 2021 and 2020 to name a few lol.
    You can drive the car so much faster/on the limit it's scary.
    It's madness to me that the default feel is so bad in some cars but ok in others.
    If there is a way to put these files in the game as standard it would be a game changer for a lot of people IMO.

Congrats to the guys that made these files.
    If like me you haven't tried out these specific to your wheel, I would ASAP.
    Game changer for me, still cant believe the difference!!!!

Also use Gain 55
    LFB 55
    FX 55
    Damper 0

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My base is a Fanatec Podium DD1. I have gone through all the custom files but I still find the default with my FanaLab settings the most informative. I have attached the Fanalab profile for import as a zip file.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Does anyone know if the default FFB is being updated with the upcoming release this week? Someone mentioned a beta default FFB they had been enjoying more than the custom files, but I can’t seem to find info regarding the release timeline of a FFB update...

6. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

I’ve mostly used Karsten’s custom files lately, but I must say these settings felt very good as well!

• Like Like x 1
  7. momorious

momorious Member AMS2 Club Member

Your Dynamic Speed Damper is not working when you set 150/151.

• Like Like x 1
  8. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Since the update, the FFB is much weaker on my TS 300. No real feeling for the centre of the wheel, feels loose, no wheel weight in formula cars. Raised up the FFB Boost, but it did not help too much.

Edit: Feels like some damping would be going on, but I have switched it off as well in game as in my wheel profiler.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree. I recommend you switch to custom ffb :) !

Attached Files:

10. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Thanks.

I always have set my gain ingame to 100, LFFB Boost between 0-50 (depending on car), worked great with the standard FFB of the game in latest builds.I could feel the road and the bumps on it on every occasion. Now, this is gone, everything feels damped and dead (like it was in early builds of the game with standard FFB).
    Maybe it is good for GT cars, which I do not like (neither in real life nor in games) and I do not drive them very often. But Cars like Formula Classics felt much better in the former build of the game before update.
    With your settings and FFB-file, the road feels flat as a table to me, no bumps at all, wheel feels way too light, that is not what pleases me, but it is of course a matter of personal preferences.;):whistle:

My workaround for now is to switch back to an old custom file of a forum member called Nuscoopi. Not perfect for this version of the game but better than the standard file.
    Meanwhile I get tired from all these changes coming with the updates. I mainly want to drive and not tinker with FFB and setups again and again and again.:(

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
  11. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think you should try and delete your My Documents files, as recommended with the last update, the wheel is not that light as you say with those values in my case. Also FX controls the track surface and curbs so if you may want to increase the value. Also I reduced the road details a bit for this file as I do not like them that high. The original file is attached below : SilverRaw-rFuktor-4.4-MomentumRack6.1-Karsten-PeterS-G920
    Also if you want even more road details you can try and increase some of these values:
    (master_rack 0.79) #Rack and road scale.
    (master_road 1.32) #Road bumps, details and suspension

# Road features settings
    #

(texture_scale 1.5)
    (micro_bumps_scale 1.28)
    (kerbs_surface_scale 1.9)
    (kerb_bump_scale 2.8) #How big the tall curb bumps are.
    (large_track_bump_scale 0.7) #how much bumps on the track are felt.
    (large_offroad_bump_scale 0.18) #how much bumps off the track are felt.

If you ask the guys they will give you a lot more information than me : Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

12. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Of course I had deleted the documents folder, as I always do when recommended after certain updates. ;)
    And I tried the file, too. Know all of Karsten's custom files since he is providing them here. But I do not want to tinker with it.
    And gain at 57 does not mean FFB to me. An old file of Nuscoorpi did the trick for me. Did not need it before for a long time, as the Standard file was already great in latest builds.
    But it is a matter of taste.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. marc phelps

marc phelps Member AMS2 Club Member

How does this work after the update?
    I have a DD1
    I was fine but the FFB changed dramatically after the update :(
    it became uninformative and washy

any suggestions anyone?

14. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

TS PC owner here and same feeling, after this update the FFB got lighter than I like and increasing the available sliders is not satisfying. Funny enough I also like the Nusscopi custom FFB I used historically but also knows the work Karsten has done is amazing so I will try to switch to Custom FFB again.

PS also deleted the folder in My documents, didn't do anything to this new FFB feel

15. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have created these settings for this update. I find it drives very well with the update.

16. sk8

sk8 Member

Hey have you guys noticed how much better the off track physics are now?

No, me neither, I never crash, I'm a good driver.
    :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

People probably are 6 months behind judging from this kind of thing.

If anyone is doing that then:

why are you not using muscle-fuktor? Thats the version you want. Your wheel has 1.6x the torque of a t300. You're leaving greatness on the table.

You should also be adding in the front load feel line to the file (probably 0.44), and if you want flat spots back, that too (probably 0.07-10) and some center feel (he states this in the file, probably at 1.0)

This sounds like crazy talk but its in fact transformative. When LFB is at 80 and dampening up at 80, or both very near, thats when the TS will come into its own.

You will note the default now compared to custom 3, is much better than custom 3. (when set up correctly)

__

My recommendation, is if the custom file is not set up correctly, then use the default as its more than able. Because Karsten is not adding in front load feel, or center feel the file is not optimal for belts. He can't be expected to as it caters largely for ddrive.

Same for you mate. You need to "up the file" I did a post in the custom, but its 3 settings, you won't believe the game then when you drive it. Otherwise set up default ideally and it can come somewhat close. The front tyre and front center feel is lacking at lower Nm. Got to change the numbers.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  18. Raceracerace

Yes see my above post, and my somewhat long custom forums post. 3 settings, tailored for your wheel though. It could be a wider range of things, but start with those settings and find out the optimal settings for your wheel control panel/program.

Once you add that crap back in, the whole game mutates into an incredibly satisfying experience. The latest custom file is expanding its range, you will find greater acuracy and flexibility and driving ability. But it did get lighter. He probably expects people know how to adjust it now.

I mean lol kuku is in there feeding the whole thread 'wow yeah lets adjust this number!" and 'where's muh bumps!?' (think I got him to buy a new wheel)

fk that kind of circle jerking.

Adjust 3. Karsten is a bit of a whizz but there's a bit of a derth of feedback.

Just so we're clear - bumps are bulldust! honestly - Karsten and others who help on the file are long past the point of bumps, they're included and of limited feedback anyway, they are there don't worry... its other settings to look for now post version 4.4, in Muscle fuktor.

Look at Stakinov's outline for belt wheels in terms of settings. Maybe g27 needs those extra steps, but quality belt drives only need his menu-settings, and a few settings I outline.

front load exageration - possibly 0.44 or abouts, center grip 1.0, tire flat spots for simmers - 0.07. Do not worry about other scales so much. If one wants to bring back the whole 'lighter feel but balance it" add in 0.1 or similar to front_load_exageration_df below it, but its not the same.

The only thing better than that, is either default set up correctly, or getting a direct drive and setting it up properly with the files. This is like a whole new game. 1.2 + the files/changes.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. Raceracerace

Oi!
    Azaris!

Whats your reasoning for disliking that - spell it out.

Whats this guy going to do alternatively?

People got this guy back, what were you doing?

Content and solutions, please. People only swing by here once a month, don't waste time.

he says the room for error is much larger - so why is marc phelps having less of a time?

20. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You're having a total meltdown, mate. Log off the forum and come back on Monday.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1