1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any chance to have DLSS 2.0 in AMS2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by RacingDenzel, May 31, 2020.

Tags:
  1. RacingDenzel

RacingDenzel New Member

Hi !

I was wondering If there is any chance to have DLSS 2.0 (3.0 is coming) in AMS2 because that brings us a lot of extra fps, and in VR this is not a superfluous luxury :)

Apparently, it would be easier to train the ia with 2.0 ?

What do you think about this ?
    Cheers,

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Devs? If you hurry you can answer this interesting question before it gets one year old... :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

I second that request.
    New VR headsets are coming with 4K, 5k, maybe even higher.
    Even a 3090 can NOT handle that in a good way.

the only solutions are „foveated rendering“ ( needs eye-tracking from your hardware) or DLSS, or both. o_O

• Like Like x 2
  4. geekyhawkes

geekyhawkes Member

PLEASE! 2021 and 2022 looking like bad years for GPU markets/availability while the VR headsets continue to keep coming at higher and higher resolutions.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mike1304

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't know what DLSS is, but after trying VR for the time a few weeks ago, I'm never going back to a flat screen. So whatever needs to be done to make it better I'm all for!

• Like Like x 2
  7. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It is probably unrelated but it seems that GeForce Now and DLSS would be added together. The problem for us is that GeForce Now doesn't support USB accessories currently, so it would only benefit gamepad users. So for Reiza there isn't much incentive at the moment when there are other tasks to focus on.

We need Fanatec, Logitech, Thrustmaster and Nvidia to work out a driver agreement. Then it might make sense for Reiza as it would allow some people to skip buying a gaming pc, which they could put toward a wheel. Everyone would win in that scenario, and if they added DLSS at the same time VR users with gaming pcs would also benefit (as would widescreen, triples and 4k users).

Now imagine this coupled with support for an Oculus Quest-type device! It has to happen at some point but probably not anytime soon.

• Like Like x 1
  8. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

It's a question rather for SMS, right?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. geekyhawkes

geekyhawkes Member

I must have missed something but why Geforce Now to get DLSS? I gave up on the Geforce now bloatware/spyware a while ago.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rob Davies

Rob Davies Bobby Dazzler AMS2 Club Member

I’m not sure Reiza have deep enough access to the engine to do this even if they wanted to / had the skills... but it would be awesome if they could - this game is so good in VR and DLSS would be a game changer.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Atanas Dmyanov

Atanas Dmyanov New Member

Just a quick answer from the developers will be great. Communication is your friend. Is it possible or not possible?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Arkanno VR

Arkanno VR New Member

Now that DLSS is becoming a new impact performance for VR, I really would like to use it with Automobilista 2! New headsets with 4k, 5k, here we goooooo!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. geekyhawkes

geekyhawkes Member

Actually having thought about it for a few days I would even pay for a DLC DLSS VR patch as I think it would really improve the game. Could be a good way to generate some revenue for the dev team, say 5Eur or something patch.

• Like Like x 2
  14. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I thought it was mentioned in the Facebook Q&A, which has been posted here somewhere (unofficially). I think the answer was "maybe, but not for a long time." Then he discussed the upcoming graphical changes.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Mike1304

Yes I‘m all in! €€€$$$

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. F2020

F2020 Member

This feature is a game changer for VR imo.

I literally can not believe we still cant get gpus! Its so frustrating and im gagging to get a 3080/3090 at rrp.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hell I've got the money for a new computer, just can't find one to buy. Its so annoying.

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. mist3rf0ur

mist3rf0ur Member

I also hope to see DLSS added. I'm still stuck with a 1080 Ti but DLSS is more important to me than ray tracing and most importantly because VR is supported by the new version of DLSS. When I can finally nab a sanely priced GPU upgrade, I'm hoping to see DLSS become a thing for VR sim racing.

Reiza, I know you have other priorities at the moment but please, if you can add this into Automobilista 2, VR sim racing will jump to another level.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  19. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

1. Nvidia Geforce Now has nothing to do with DLSS. Geforce now is more of game streaming and optimization software.
    2. Only DLSS 2.1 supports VR (not DLSS 2.0).
    3. DLSS 2.1 would have to be supported on the engine level I think, which IMHO means this is something SMS would most likely need to do to the Madness Engine that Reiza uses.
    4. SMP or SPS would be a huge help to VR as well which is probably not implemented. Something only a few games have implemented. SMP could increase performance by 15-20%.

That being said DLSS 2.1 and SMP/SPS would be a HUGE help to VR. DLSS 2.1, SMP/SPS and mesh shading would be a game changer for VR. At that point, even a RTX 2060 might be able to run a highend VR headset.

I would love to see these technologies implemented in AMS2 but it's most likely not going to happen until the Madness Engine gets updated by SMS.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

Hi,

I agree 100% and would like to get some feedback from devs about DLSS and/or FSR implementation. I will be probably able to re-connect my racing setup soon (it's sleeping for so many months, more than this thread).

Thanks to keep up notified!