1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Mate, I'm assuming you are a fellow brazilian:

Cara, o que eu vou te falar aqui é num tom super de boas, sem querer soar arrogante. Aviso isso porque é difícil expressar esse tipo de emoção em texto. Não sei se é alguma barreira na lingua estrangeira, percebi que tu faz umas traduções literais do português pro inglês que a galera gringa não vai conseguir entender, mas já deu pra entender as tuas críticas e é isso que o pessoal tá te respondendo. Também acho que existem um ou dois usuários que estão mais pro lado fanboy do que querem admitir, mas é só isso. Não precisa extrapolar.

Concordo que o AMS2 tem uma série de bugs que, pra um jogo lançado, são inaceitáveis. Mas isso é uma realidade de todas as produtoras atuais, inclusive aquelas com suporte financeiro de gigantes como a EA. Também entendo que a Reiza não pode usar (e não está usando) o fato do AMS2 ser um projeto de longo prazo como muleta pra justificar toda e qualquer falta de recursos/features.

Ocorre que, conforme a gente tem visto desde o lançamento, os caras estão tentando corrigir e implementar o que for possível. Não é como se eles estivessem ignorando tudo e só lançando conteúdo sem parar. Por fora, devido ao ritmo de desenvolvimento muito diferente entre os times de conteúdo e multiplayer, realmente parece que é só isso que a Reiza tá fazendo: lançando conteúdo. Só que isso não é verdade. O MP mesmo tem recebido updates em background que já levaram ele do status "injogável" pro status "quase jogável".

Então, minha dica é que largue o AMS2 por alguns meses pra evitar estresse. Infelizmente é isso que dá pra fazer por enquanto, não adianta vir aqui e falar o que todo mundo já sabe. Isso só vai triggar a ira dos poucos fanboys e poluir a thread com discussões inúteis.

Enfim, tamo junto.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

You can also translate it btw. (everyone will do it anyway :D ), your core is not wrong, but also you are labeling and assuming things to people...

Me as a galera gringa will not judge anyone for having critique on the game, i'm even agreeing with many points here. I'm in a huge love/hate relationship to any sim on the market and i will ask for prove and details, when the SC2020 get's labeled with "physics need work", because i was involved in the testing process of this car, when it got reviewed, so to improve "physics need work" is not quite helpful and wasn't an attack at all, but actually asking for "what is it exactly". This has nothing to do with fanboying.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In my country they say there is no worse deaf than the one who does not want to listen...

• Like Like x 4
  4. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That is why you should not rely on translation engines.

I'm not saying you are a fanboy (or anyone in particular on this thread), what I said is that there is just a few people on the forums who are more fanboys than they would admit, but they are the tiny minority. The vast majority are far from being fanboys.

• Like Like x 2
  5. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Again with the "if you don't agree with my vaguely lobbied criticisms, you're a fanboy" ad hominems. At least GamerMuscle is entertaining when he does it. If you have critiques about specific cars, post them. Reasonable people can agree on facts and disagree on opinions. My personal opinion is that a person who can't tell the difference between FWD and RWD has no business lecturing anyone else, let alone Renato Simioni, about race car physics or their brokenness.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I actually read it that way, yes. But the fanboy labelling is not helpful in the first place is what i meant.

Also i agree with the language barrier part btw. (something, that some day led to somebody misunderstanding me stating arrogance and irony, when i recommended the portuguese section to someone, to get a better way of communication, because as a german i sometimes have severe problems to not sound like a pedantic prick, when it comes to semantics and sentence construction, so i know, these things have some influence! :D )

I think it's just important to emphasize (in general, not directed to you in particular or anybody), that if someone asks for "proof", it's not an attack or denying probabilities of flaws. Not at all. It's just way more helpful to focus on specific elements, that sometimes even reveal other flaws, leading to a whole new world of tools for the big brains at Reiza to deal with things better.

Because he does it with tongue in cheek without any malicious intend. He also calls himself a fanboy anyway... :D (still not the most helpful thing)

Last edited: May 19, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

We do all have the same goal.

Time of the month I guess.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Legendre93

Legendre93 New Member

Can't wait for the next update, but I was wondering about the category placement of the Cadillac DPi. Would it be placed in the P1 category or will it have its own category (e.g. Daytona Prototype)?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Man I Hope it's in its own separate class... I didn't even think about that.

10. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The P1 class is nowhere close to its performance...

11. Dylan Hale

Exactly, Brazilian P1 is basically somewhere between a LMP2 and a LMP3...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  12. Squalido

Squalido New Member

Of course it won't be there. P1 is a real category inside Brazilian endurance (I think we got 2019 cars). DPI is not part of them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

There are some cars (eg copa cars) where the ffb near the center of the wheel (g27 owner here) feels loose while others (eg group c cars) where the opposite happens - with same ffb settings of course.

Is this a deliberate action from Reiza or is it smth that needs to be ironed out through next updates?

14. Dylan Hale

I'm willing to bet thats intentional. Group C cars make like 8000lb of downforce or something crazy like that, so you would assume they would be a lot tighter feeling steering wise

• Like Like x 1
  15. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

You need to try FFB Custom file for your wheel setup, the default is good, but some cars feel way off out the box.
    Still needs work default IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  16. RDG

RDG Active Member

Anybody else feel it's very late in May? :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  17. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

[QUOTE = "RDG, post: 132569, member: 27591"] Anybody else feel it's too late in May? : whistle: [/ QUOTE]
    Yeah it practically feels like the end of the month, I sure think the new content should be releasing by now with just how late it is :whistle:

18. RDG

RDG Active Member

I mean, I obviously don't mean anything by it, but if you ask me whether we're early, mid, or late May, I'd certainly be more on the late May side of things :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I do not want Renato or anyone else to write anything, I would like the game to have the time that has been released at a much higher level, but if he writes something and is good for most, we will accept it, I hope that many who play AMS2 do not die in that time, because the pace that advances in problem solutions will last a long time, but in terms of content ... and I do not insult anyone, said in clear Portuguese PUXA Saco, just said a few truths, if you want to play an almost equal SIM but better finished, play Pcars2, while Reiza finishes the AMS2, it's almost the same ...

OBS, try to find someone on this forum who criticized AMS2 and was not bombarded with dislike, no matter what they say, people like you just praise, I hope much more even if Reiza doesn't take you so seriously, but at the pace the thing is looking ...

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Fabio Aragão

Fabio Aragão Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope to have TC in the next update

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.