1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sci006

sci006 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sounding like a bit of a broken record at the moment! have you got nothing better to do?

• Like Like x 7
  2. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Project cars 2 apparently ;) .

Which frankly was never finished, they just stopped developing it and ran off.
    If it was finished it wouldn’t throw you off the track every time you touched a kerb and the
    driving feel wouldn’t be so average.
    what could have been..

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And the engines wouldn't sound like someone making vroom vroom noises on a Casio.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

P cars 2 was a joke, like an all you can eat buffet meal, loads of choice but garbage.
    AMS 2 is way ahead, once multiplayer is sorted and a few more tweaks, there's no other sim that will have a better overall package.

AC is all mods
    RF2 is a shambles, driving good but Jesus.
    Raceroom good
    ACC good but lacks in many departments.
    I racing not really my thing plus its getting on.

If AMS2 is released on console next year it will become a very big year for Reiza if its possible.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Me.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If it goes on consoles too, cross play would be a welcomed addition. Imagine a league where PC, Xbox and PS people can race alongside. Where you can teammate your friend who's on a console...

• Like Like x 3
  7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Attached Files:

8. CrimsonEminence

What?

EDIT:
    Ah now i get it! :p Awww..thanks! :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

whatever happened to that rude RF2 fanboy?

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I put that dislike on the post above as a joke that clearly was only funny to me :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

Sounds like a nightmare :p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Jk jk. Console crowd is is the worst we can have.. MP-wise. All them kiddo's thinking it's Forza. Then they asking refunds because they can't win. Sooo Reiza goes bankrupt.. and we losing one of the best upcoming-studio's.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. stealthradek

I'm not talking about open lobbies here as those can go wild regardless of the platform, but leagues, where people can drive safely(ish), or be removed from the league. There are plenty of sensible drivers on consoles who are isolated within their ecosystem.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

[QUOTE = "Haris1977, post: 132553, member: 17439"] There are some cars (eg copa cars) where the ffb near the center of the wheel (g27 owner here) feels loose while others (eg group c cars) where the opposite happens - with same ffb settings of course.

Is this a deliberate action from Reiza or is it smth that needs to be ironed out through next updates?[/QUOTE]

LFB and Damping sliders will level this (mostly). They are not the same action as they were three or six months ago. For the first time, I can dial-out the over-reaction at the wheel of the taller / tippier cars like the SuperV8.

Custom files are interesting and can be good, but none seem to have the complete fidelity of the Default, and you should ensure the Default is properly adjusted anyway even if you intend to use a custom file. And, custom files also require fiddling and tweaking. Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to avoid "personalizing" your AMS 2 FFB.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

If we are talking about such a cross platform league then it is a great idea.
    But if we are talking about complete open/public MP then its the worlds most bad idea.:eek:
    The reason for this difference has been revealed above - because if there are a lot of wreckers in public PC MP then there are probably even more in public console MP events.
    Hehe Just saying :D

ByTheWay: Oh I can see you are doing a lot of pointing out that you actually mean leagues. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. stealthradek

Giving an option whether a custom lobby is platform specific or open for all would be a good option anyway. But yes, I was referring to leagues mostly ;)

Then, multiplatform open lobbies could resolve the eternal Xbox vs PS wars once and for all :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  17. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I know this is never gonna happen - but it could be pretty fantastic if all or most racing sims had a common "core" or some kind of "lower common denominator" that could make it possible for users to compete in some common MP events.
    Eventhough they didnt use the same racing game.
    That would be real cross platform MP ;)

ByTheWay: The idea is not mine because I have seen a cross forum poster called Durge Something (short: DD) mentioning this crazy idea :D. Hehe he is openly 110% fanatic fanboy of rF2 :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

HAHAHA! I have so had poo thrown at me for both criticizing and loving AMS2! I expect to be so covered in poo when my current AMS2 vid finishes uploading! COVERED!

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. CrimsonEminence

Stop getting triggered by a certain user. He is known for this kind of stuff. :D

20. Lucas Vieira

Lucas Vieira Member

Its not about criticized and have a dislike. Mostly its how do you show your arguments.

Mostly of people who create topics with this kind of criticism was like: "The games is garbage, physics its horrible, fix that. Bring back AMS 1, go play ACC because AMS2 is ****".

This is the kind of thing haters always do, and no one gives a damn, because they are Haters.

On the other hand there was topics with proof, evidences, with videos, telemetry, like Freeway its a good example about the Camaro, and eventually, the car was fixed. Because he do help Reiza with evidences of Real life experience.

If you do like to improve the game, its on this way you going to be helpful, supporting with evidences. I quite sure Reiza has a LOT to do. So if you are able to see a problem, and help them, why not?

Its better than keep saying PC2 its better than Reiza. If it is in your opnion, just leave AMS and go there and be happy.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.