1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, May 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh I did'nt get triggered, just thought, ok lets give him a chance and see if he's right to be fair, to be fair, and actually turn it into an oppertunity to have a real good time, which I did!:D

2. Legendre93

Legendre93 New Member

So when the custom championship is released, what kind of championship will everybody create? I was going to start with something similar to Britcar with the Ultima, Ginetta G55s and G40s, and the Mini Cooper touring car.

3. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Earlier I was thinking about a sprint GT1 championship but now with the new content incoming I am thinking something more similar to IMSA multiclass

• Like Like x 1
  4. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

British F3 championship - starts IRL this weekend. It's all there.

22/23 May - Brands Hatch
    26/27 Jun - Silverstone
    10/11 Jul - Donington
    24/25 Jul - Spa
    7/8 Aug - Snetterton 300
    14/15 Aug - Silverstone
    11/12 Sept - Oulton Park
    16/17 Oct - Donington

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Unfortunately I find that AI is still not enjoyable to race with, but if it gets fixed I'm doing Brazilian F3 or F-Vee.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm thinking GT1 and old DTM multiclass because it's such a fun combo on some 90s tracks. If individual names can be edited I'll use some racing stars names from the era along with their skill and characteristics.

Having said that GTE is one of my favourite modern tin top so strong competition is growing. I may end up running both championships.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I'd like to recreate a multi-class field like that in the Sports Car GT game.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Iwont do a championship but Ill run Daytona and Long Beach multiclass DPI, GTE + some Gt3

• Like Like x 3
  9. Bart Hendrikx

Bart Hendrikx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ik hope we get soms preview of the dpi caddy

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I think a G40 championship would be awesome with side by side racing all over the place.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Oh boy, you leave a topic unnatended for a few days and all hell breaks loose :p

Just a little note before you guys carry on with your thing here - please kindly consider stopping calling other users "fan boys"; for one thing it´s a rude, childish way to try invalidate somebody´s opinion. Second, I truly believe no sim has fewer "fan boys" than AMS2 - a "fan boy" is not someone who likes a certain game, argues its plus points, debates bad points it doesn´t agree with while aknowledging issues that do exist, all the while just trying to preserve a place where they can discuss the game without having someone moan about something endlessly, which is often all AMS2 "fan boys" here and elsewhere seem to do.

"Fan boys" are users who prefer - love even - other games, and rather than just playing that, they spend most of the time trying to evangelize people and abusing the patience of devs of other games and their users, just because they seem unable to grasp that devs may develop a game differently to the one they like, and that other users can actually like and prefer that - and they demonstrate that inability in the forum of the game they like, in the forum of the game they don´t like, on new sites, social media, Youtube videos and everywhere they can get half a chance of sharing their gospel, downvoting every comment and post that dares to praise the game they don´t like, non-stop - you´ll be hard pressed to find many AMS2 fan boys here and elsewhere who engages on that type of thing, but there´s a very distinct presence of people who fit the exact opposite profile - and boy, they are commited.

We usually try to be a chill bunch here and tend to just to let things roll, but come on people - you know some of you are in that description above... Ask yourself if that behavior, and posting the same things page after page, week after week for months on end is reasonable. Surely at some point you have to realise this is not "user feedback" , it´s just being annoying.

With that litte note, I´m off - work to be done to get this sweet update out next week. Take it easy folks, life is too short to waste away ranting on a sim racing forum ;)

Last edited: May 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 29
    • Winner Winner x 15
    • Agree Agree x 13
    • Useful Useful x 2
  12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

What did i do?

13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Sh!tposting. Nothing severe, get a beer or two or three or four or seventeen and forget about it.:whistle::D

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I don't drink :whistle:

15. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Try a crossaint maybe? Sorry couldn't resist :p

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Tarmac Terrorist

Dont worry mate its not you, you'd probably like the vid though! RF2, AMS2 (two of my favs) comparison with a bit of comedy thrown in:)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Tarmac Terrorist

Oh I am so glad you said this, good man! After having this word thrown around in the comments section of my recent video's and the term being used more and more in general at the moment I was actually thinking of making a video of unpacking the the term and why it has no place in any serious, sensible (not that I am anyone to talk about being sensible) and peaceful debate, the outcome of which hopefully being for the good of all.

Been wanting to say this for a long time so now you have brought it up so eloquently I will say it here, thankyou Renato!

It is quite easy to see that the use of the term 'fanboy' is both desperate, devicive and malicious.
    This detestable phrase attempts to invalidate any point of view put forward by the party it is directed at, and simutaniously insult and dismiss that party as imature and implies that view point is under developed, whilst also avoiding any recourse to have to provide evidence or actually engage in serious debate, and silence the party whos view you oppose in one fell swoop. The attemp serves the ego of its user in such a way that they can then see themselves as having won the debate, probably leaving them feeling that they have (to use the parlance of our time) 'destroyed' the other party.

Well sorry, no, its not won or destroyed anything, infact by using the term, you have lost something. Respect!

You see in a good debate there are no winners, there is nothing to win, as the goal of a good debate should be to find a truth and a good outcome for all, it should be a winner for all, if you are looking to be THE winner you've just missed the point. Also all you have done is show everyone involved in one phrase that you infact have no stamina for debating, can't debate, are desperately trying to serve your own ego and not only that, you rely on having an audience slightly less switched on than yourself to agree with you and jeer like a bunch of laughing hyena's because they are just blind enough not to see through this pathetic, malicious and desperate attempt.

Does it sound like im getting vitriolic about this now? Well good, becuase I am, becuase the other thing is that its just plan mean, and one could equate it to bullying.

Heres it is broken down simply. First describe the other party as a Fan (implying fanatic which eludes to questioning their sanity), then call them a Boy (impliying they are an imature, underdeveloped male interlect), and there you have it!

All you do by using this term is show yourself to be the imature, malicious one, but disguised as rather clever and quick witted. So aswell as everything else its dishonest.

At least, if you wanna insult someone be honest about it, cause to use this tactic without the dishonesty you may aswell come into said debate and say "Shut the F up you thick little ***t)
    , but you've not actually got the front to do that and then get fairly called out for it.

And yes, as you can probably tell, I fecking hate this term (there, thats honesty!)

'Fanboy'.... Its nasty, pathetic, stop using it. Nuff said!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  18. warp9engage

warp9engage New Member

Hello everyone! This sim, with all the new content updates, is really starting to get my attention. That and the fact that you're improving gamepad performance.

Currently, it's still too expensive for me to justify the money for content that I won't use. So, I'm waiting to see what extra content you get for your GT4, GT3 and GTE classes, before I commit to a purchase.

Will continue to monitor your progress with interest.

• Like Like x 5
  19. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Agreed! Some people really just need to step back and find the difference between fans and fanboys. Also sorry to be that guy but with the "next week" comment, would there happen to be a set release date or is it still TBA?

20. B Stu

B Stu Member

• Funny Funny x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.