1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

James can I ask you what your settings are for rift s and do you use the tray tool?

many thanks
    Baz

2. geekyhawkes

geekyhawkes Member

Thanks I worried this might be the case. Guess I might have to stay away from Monaco and the worst offenders in the meantime and hope the GPU market calms down over the next 12months!

3. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

You can always try to use motion smoothing and bump up the graphics settings. I learned to live with that using a 2070 super as well. Motion smoothing works really well in the game. Only the menu glitches and the mercedes star on the front of the car ;-). I rather have better graphics, because there is almost no track that doesn't have the small dip in a certain corner and I want absolutely no dips in fps.

So try out motion smoothing and forget night racing. It will even stutter with motion smoothing disabled (at least at the start of the race)

4. geekyhawkes

geekyhawkes Member

Thanks, I will go back and try motion smoothing.

Do you have a list of your settings that you run so I can give them a try? I find SteamVr is a bit of a nightmare to navigate settings and restart the game each time!

5. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

Where is motion smoothing?

Thanks

6. geekyhawkes

geekyhawkes Member

It's in steam VR settings, you can either set it per application under video settings or you can globally set it.

7. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

Thanks. I assume I don’t use that because I launch vr with oculus option

8. brpegu

brpegu New Member

Quick question
    Do you guys see any difference between 80 and 90 hz in VR?
    I Don’t

9. geekyhawkes

geekyhawkes Member

I cant see any difference either so stick with 80Hz TBH

10. mist3rf0ur

mist3rf0ur Member

Helmet cam crushes performance for me. It was a problem in PC2 as well.

Today, I was trying out Steelcast27's Formula V12 default setup on historic Montreal and decided to swap to that camera view. The view was kind of messed up as shown below HOWEVER there was no performance loss! No crazy dropped frames like there has been in other cars.

Reiza, something is going on here. Please, someone else try the V12 helmet cam and verify that I'm not crazy. Maybe what's happening is the missing link to solving the issue.

[​IMG]

11. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

This may sound such a stupid question but how do you tell if you are in helmet cam? I use the rift s and it seems to me that I am positioned correctly in cockpit. I see no part of helmet in my vision at all

thanks

12. martin salat

martin salat New Member AMS2 Club Member

your index works well?i have big ghosting problems with the new steamvr beta update with my index.

13. mist3rf0ur

mist3rf0ur Member

Make sure that you have the option "Show Helmet" turned on in the menu

14. mist3rf0ur

mist3rf0ur Member

I haven't had this problem but I did apply a firmware update yesterday which may have fixed it without me knowing.
    I'm on Nvidia driver 466.27 as well.

15. AUGUSTO GODOI

AUGUSTO GODOI New Member

16. SimRacingJunckie

SimRacingJunckie New Member

I'm just wondering if we will ever get dlss support in VR for AMS2. A few vr titles recently got it and I think this would be great for sim racing titles.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

Im not too familiar with the tech aspects of this, but as an example, ACC will probably never get it because they would have to redo a ton of coding because of the engine (UE4) they use. For which the cost would simply not outweight the benefits.
    Its also not as effective for certain types of games as it is for others from what Ive read, but Im not a programmer or anything so I have no id how this would work with the Madness Engine...

18. geekyhawkes

geekyhawkes Member

NVIDIA DLSS Plugin for UE 4.26 | NVIDIA Developer
    Should be easy for anyone building on UE 4 as Nvidia released a plugin that pulls all the hard yards for you.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

Is this a new thing? The Kunos devs have been pretty vocal about what a crazy amount of work it would be to implement and said the benefits would make less of an impact because of how simracing games compare to open world games iirc...

20. jpmmuc

jpmmuc Active Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS 2 is not using UE so this would not help. Also it depends a lot on the rendering method and is not the solution for all things. I think a bigger effect would be foveated rendering.
    Nevertheless besides night time the performance from AMS 2 is relatively good also the methods in AMS 2 to reduce the complexity e.g. with the trees has helped a lot. Unfortunately Reiza is adding a lot of effects like helicopters which reduces this performance win. Maybe a switch to disable the fancy effects would help.
    BTW: Wrong forum and thread for ACC discussion.