1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Mods!!!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Modding' started by ZeferinoCoutinho, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

@wincup
    I see your definition of „mod“ is something different as mine.

example:
    A mod crew create a car (I speak here about creating / model it from 0) and work on physics, ...

what you talk about, taking existing stuff from other games, I define as stealing.

is your definition really taking the hard work from somebody else and use it for free? Are mods really that these days?

• Like Like x 1
  2. wincup

wincup New Member

Brainbug
    This is not what I think. You are not unaware that the modding on Automobilista 2 is complicated. The first mods are neither more nor less than mods already existing on Project Cars 2. Reiza just does not want to open this possibility now and can definitely be. This is understandable, because if they are still in discussion to obtain strong licenses like Ferrari for example, these will be paid packs. It is therefore normal that Reiza closes the mod possibilities. My question however was simple, Automobilista 2 runs on the same engine as PCars 2, to facilitate mods in the immediate future, would it be possible to transfer cars from Pcars 2 to automobilista 2?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

Well, still pc2 content is property of sms.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. wincup

wincup New Member

I understand your point of view though. That said it is true that we are very lucky to see Ferrari, Lamborghini arrive in Automobilista 2. You are going to tell me to play ACC or other to have these cars, but I will answer that Reiza has enormous potential, and I firmly believe that they should take advantage of it. What simulation can this targer to be complete today (animated pit stop, century day night, dynamic weather, safty car, realistic visual and physical damage in addition to very high license)? None is complete. Reiza really has a chance to do a sharp and complete simulation. It will be fabulous then to be able to make GT3, Gt4, full historical trays, or anything else with all these elements present.

5. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

@wincup You seen to make quite a lot of assumptions on what Reiza is and isn't doing right now, which I think is bad idea. We don't know what Reiza is currently negotiating with what brand, so speculating on such deals/licenses is unwise.

Also, I feel like you shouldn't assume what people are going to say. This gives your argument a strawman-like feel, which is a shame.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The issue about transferring assets is all about licensing and $$$

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. wincup

wincup New Member

I am French and I speak English poorly. I never meant to say that ferrari or lamborghini were coming to Automobilista 2, I said there are certainly internal discussions at Reiza. These licenses have had contact with Reiza. Will this be successful, or is it already inconclusive, I don't know.

8. wincup

wincup New Member

Of course these licenses are very expensive. Remember, dear simracers, that Porshe, Mercedes, Maclaren, and BMW have arrived in Free DLC! Does this promise other prestigious paid DLC licenses? I think there is a good chance. But nothing is certain of course.
    In any case, be sure that Reiza has tried or will try.

9. Michael Havlena

Michael Havlena New Member

10. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

I think this is the relevant post here. Not sure though.

11. gvse

gvse Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, it's relevant. Always use bootfiles corresponding to the current game version. If they are not available then do not use bootfiles and mods.
    Recent update (1.1.3.5) introduced changes that require updates of all mods, which will take some time.

12. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

@gvse Have these been abandoned now? I notice none of them seem to have working audio any more (for me, with the latest bootfiles anyway). Would be a hell of a shame if so!

13. mad maxx

mad maxx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't worry, boot files will be soon updated. With sound working again.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. gvse

After sound changes in game version 1.1.3.5 all the cars were updated and you should be able to hear their engines as long as you have the latest mods from the blog.
    If any cars are missing audio then please report the relevant car mod and the version you have.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

I see - I hadn’t updated the car files themselves since 1.1.3.5, only the bootfiles, so that should explain it. Many thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  16. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Hey man, I notice the newest version of the Jag you’ve uploaded has the British Racing Green I requested - you legend, many thanks! Any more on the horizon?

• Like Like x 1
  17. gvse

For now I need to update the two remaining cars, especially the Ford GT500.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Active Member AMS2 Club Member

First off, thanks for these cars. I'ts great to see modding come to AMS2

Are there any plans for endurance racing cars like LMP1/2?

I did try some PC2 prototype mods which actually loaded in fine to AMS2 to my surpise, but the FFB is messed up. Like in rFactor2 if you have the FFB positive instead of negative.

Its cool to see them as AI though as grid fillers, even if they don't BOP too well aganst the GTE cars.

19. gvse

Not from me, no. Since making mods is so time-consuming I always only tackle cars I have a soft spot for, i.e. street cars.

• Like Like x 1
  20. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Noticed this a few months back too. Also a WIP Valkyrie on his channel, no word on release or anything though.

• Like Like x 4