1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 May 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's certainly planned though I can't garauntee it making this release. It's an option we want to offer in all game modes and is on the short term goals list ;)

• Like Like x 20
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Yes.
    Just take a screenshot of your settings/the current look of the settings, should be easier to get it back that way.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure about that. Maybe someone else can help, but it might be a good idea to take notes or screenshots of your current setup so you can more easily recreate it after the update (in case you need to manually do so).

4. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The old default state was slightly dirtier than the new green state but otherwise the same. You can still choose the default option which will give you the same starting point and behaviour as before (subject of course to the new weather related presets when real weather is enabled)

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. SlowBloke

SlowBloke Member

Oh yes - this was such a fantastic way of working in Project Cars 2 with the custom grid tool - it meant you really could get close to WEC, IMSA, British GT etc... In game having 30 cars 3 classes meant you had way too many LMP1 cars for instance and it just felt wrong... being able to pick 2 of each 2016 LMP1, larger selections of LMP2 and GTE all with the livery of your choice was epic running around the likes of Le Mans / Fuji to closely match WEC...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

I m not talking bout setups here. I am talking about the camera position.
    If i have to recreate the position for all the cars, this is bad and very time consuming..:( Is there any specific file which is bond to the camera position - so i should - at least - keep it?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Legend Dave, thanks very much

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

I certainly am looking forward to this. Sounds like a fantastic update. Thanks for your hard work on this one! Shout out to the Beta testers too for their efforts that we can all benefit from.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Reeposter

Reeposter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Can't wait for Mazda and Acura DPi, I've spent multiple hours driving them in AC and I would love to see how those behave during the storm

• Like Like x 1
  10. TomP

TomP Active Member

Similar question to the one asked by @Haris1977.
    If I delete Documents\Automobilista 2\savegame folder, will my per car FFB settings be lost?

It would be better if all camera position/per car ffb settings were in a separate *.ini files (like ACC).

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great work once again, Reiza!
    Just curious to know and it might have been mentioned earlier: will we someday be able to edit the names and skills of AI drivers and assign skins to them? @Renato Simioni @Dave Stephenson

12. kjekki

kjekki New Member AMS2 Club Member

:hurrayreiza::hurrayreiza: You are doing such great work!! AMS2 with its ever evolving content have certainly helped me get through the whole covid situation. I remember downloading the first beta only a couple of days before we had the first case in my town. Keep up your good work! It is truly appreciated:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

I fully agree. But - apart from this - do we know in what specific file - the dash camera position values are saved? I assume it must be inside:

\Documents\Automobilista 2\savegame\[name_of_file]\automobilista 2\profiles folder, so either within:

- default.controllersettings.v1.03.sav
    - default.localsettings.v1.03.sav or
    - default.sav

But which of the 3? Maybe @Renato Simioni could answer?

14. mrwolf425

mrwolf425 Member

Monstrous Team you REIZA. Just an astonishing work. Finally that madness engine is on safe hands now. You knew how to choose. Congrats... And I'm sorry for my comments on Palm trees on long Beach. I know there is priorities. But I'm that kind of guy, love perfection/beauty. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. mrwolf425

mrwolf425 Member

:hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

I believe Renato previously mentioned this was in the long-term list so 'one day' but don't hold your breath for it.

Edit: quote from the April dev blog

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

All 3 must be deleted as Renato wrote, because all 3 content basic settings, that have changed in a very wide range . Delete it or don‘t complain when your game starts to do weird actions or crashes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

As one of those who got into Sim Racing fully only with the onset of COVID-19 (I was an AC dabbler before) I can’t tell you just how happy and lucky I feel to have hooked up with Reiza Studios and AMS2.

The development on this title has seen all of the issues you may expect with a new release on an engine unfamiliar to the Devs, whilst under a crazy (and worsening in Brazil) time, yet we’ve moved steadily and for the most part firmly forward with each update.

I am very excited to get in game next week and try out all of your hard work.
    Thank you Reiza

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If it's so crucial to delete these files, then why doesn't the game do that automatically when updating? Most people do not read the release notes let alone this forum.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Valle1950

Valle1950 Belgium AMS2 Club Member

Currently playing the beta, and guys the game has massively improved. It's really worth the wait!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2