1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 May 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 1, 2021.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there any chance at some stage of having larger than a 32 car grid? Being able to run up to 40 or 50 AI at tracks like spa, the nurbs, Bathurst etc would really complete the sim.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I've got to hand it to these guys. The sounds I'm hearing on those preview videos, is the best audio I've ever heard in sim racing.

Fantastic!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS2 is my Numero Uno sim, it is all I have played for the last few months and sounds like it is going next level. One thing I picked up on in the Dev update was about some of the weather implementation being the first in a sim but didn't PC2 have the same type of weather? I haven't played it in years but thought it was.

4. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think hooking it up to the 40 years of weather data is the genuinely new feature

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Also Real Weather died after a year in pC2 because SMS never bothered to reactivate the API license. Yes they simply let it expire and there even is a 3rd party tool consisting of you using a free openweather license to fetch the weather info and have the game use it instead

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Agreed, would want expanded grid for most tracks.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great dev news, Reiza
    :hurrayreiza:
    I'm really looking forward to real weather. This sounds very intersting.
    But how does it work? Is the current and coming weather generated with data from past 40years or downloaded from live weather server?
    If I take a historic date, maybe January 5th 1987 at Daytona, is then the weather of this date represented?

Is there a weather radar for forecast or how to know how weather will change during a 5min or 24hr race?

If weather will change more dramatic or will have more impact, then give us some tape for radiator, please :)
    R995e16258d3318c56e336c268ca51dc4.jpg

8. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Essentially, what Reiza is doing is literally making a new Pcars with a lot of techs they did not use or badly implemented in Pcars 2.

I would say having not snow covered winter is definitely a good thing.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

@alink

As I understand it, for now, only the Cloud/Precipitation data is polled from the Openweather server for past dates and the game still uses an internal database of 40 years worth of temperatures and humidity levels. This should over time move fully to external OW data.
    For current weather and the 24h prediction, OW provides hourly predictions when you poll the data.

Again, that is how I understood it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Handpflegecreme

Handpflegecreme Member AMS2 Club Member

My biggest respect to the devs! :hurrayreiza:
    Looking forward for weekend to test your work!
    Stay safe guys!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

This is so impressive of Reiza. I am really feeling this game is coming to life more and more and more. That I have to delete some setups - yeah, it's no big thing. .

The amount of times I have been disproved about something is not many guess there's a reason I had high hopes for the title.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
  12. Cyteless

Cyteless New Member AMS2 Club Member

Been enjoying beta testing the new cars. I hope we get to keep the current Porsche sound, or get the new 2021 sound. The 2019-2020 side exhaust RSR didn't sound good at all. I know the model of the car is based on that, but sound is more important than visuals for me. Would the current license allow for the car model to be changed to the 2021 straight exhaust configuration? Rather than losing the great screaming sound of the straight pipes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Lorencini

Lorencini Luciano Lorencini AMS2 Club Member

Don't know about you guys, but I desperately need a ams2 Cadillac onboard footage. Pictures from the cockpit would ease my craving as well.

Please?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

First, mind blowing update... I'm very grateful for all the hard work. As an ex-studio owner, I fully understand the intricacies involved in the game development process.

P.S. Since we have to redo our in-car cameras position/rotation settings for each car, I hope the up/down rotation angle will now be saved per car this time and not saved at the game level. I'm highlighting this issue since every time I switch car, I need to adjust the rotation up and down to make the dashboard to align perfectly with the bottom of my monitor and my wheel. At least the seat position is saved per car.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

Reiza keeps saying they are a very small team, but then come out with these huge updates every month, bigger than what other sims come up in an entire year or two... something fishy going on... has Brasil secretly discovered time travel or something? :eek:

Anyway I'm excited like a 6 year old kid on Christmas Eve :D

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Kim

Kim Mr. Andersen in SIM AMS2 Club Member

Renato Simioni
    Pretty cool isn´t it?:cool:

it is pretty cool:)

Keep it up:hurrayreiza:

17. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd go as far as saying that AMS is my Uno sim !

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Added this relevant note:

Performance - The latest developments should generally result in improved shadow quality overall but also some side effects and a minor performance hit under the same settings - generally settings have been bumped a quality level so if you previously were running shadows on Ultra and experience a performance hit with v1.2.0.0, consider switching to High setting as it should still provide improvements relative to V1.1.4.5 Ultra - same if you were running High and switching to Medium in V1.1.5.0, and Medium to Low.

• Informative Informative x 15
    • Like Like x 2
  19. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

The season pass store page on Steam says that there will be six premium race tracks. Two more after Hockenheim, Silverstone, Nurburgring and Spa.

Is this a mistake or does it have to do with how Hockenheim got added as a bonus for early buyers?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1