1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 May 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Yup, correct on all counts.

I genuinely wasn´t aware PC2 ever had the system hooked up this way, so stand corrected on that! The historical weather data is indeed a first tho, as is the influence of preceding weather on the track preset. There is also several developments made to how the game converts the data and the ratio of updates for more realistic results.

Still, SMS deserves A TON of credit for coming up with the system to begin with, and the weather and dynamic track model to back it up - a lot of what AMS2 offers and will come to offer is based on grounwork set up by SMS in PCars2, without which many features wouldn´t be possible or at least not so quickly.

• Like Like x 23
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Rohit

Rohit New Member

Wow, for me it still says 5 somehow.

3. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

This? Automobilista 2 2020-2022 Season Pass on Steam

This Season Pass covers all planned DLC packs planned for Automobilista 2 over 2020 & 2022 - includes at least 6 Premium Race Tracks with multiple versions, 3 Expansion Packs with several cars and tracks along with other smaller packages still to be announced.

EDIT: Ah yeah. If we go all the way back to the 1.0.1.0 update log when Hockenheim was released for free for current owners.

For those who have already purchased the Season Pass, be assured its value will be preserved with the addition of a 6th DLC pack to the five originally included in that package.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  4. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Correct - it was originally 5, bumped to 6 after Hockenheimring was given for free to those who bought the game in Early Access. The sixth will be only in 2022 however which is why it slipped my radar :)

Another amendment:

Settings reset - We strongly recommend users to delete the content of their Documents\Automobilista 2\savegame\tuningsetups , as some old settings may cause game breaking issues with the latest physics developments. Beware that existing championship seasons will also be invalidaded with the championship mode updates.

So no resetting of cameras and other graphical settings required afterall, only setups and championships will not work in v1.2.

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is very useful correction, given how many people blindly delete their controller profiles then struggle to get everything recognised again (sometimes Internet-famous streamers spend 1+ hour on stream doing this).

• Like Like x 1
  6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

WUT?
    After all my effort :mad:
    I demand my money back :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Noro Ardanto

Noro Ardanto New Member

OMG! please don't miss the 4th June release date :):)

8. oez

So now with this severe lack of Long Beach in the public version, I'm forced to use my time to speculate on what the sixth track could possibly be. We know the other one is Monza. Between core content and premium tracks, AMS2 has got the usual suspects covered quite nicely.

Sebring?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Congratulations, Reiza!
    :hurrayreiza:

The first time I heard the engine of the Porsche 911 RSR I thought that ACFAN/SHR Modding must have something to do with it. It sounds very much like his mod for AC and I really love it.
    Glad, you have him with you.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rohit

Rohit New Member

Please be Sebring or Le Man..

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Conserning this then I have forgot if we also will get the Monza oval?
    Enlighten me :p

12. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

@Renato Simioni first of all, it is great to hear that the devs who had covid are ok, second, just speechless with the amount of work and effort you guys are putting in the game and facing all the challenges that the madness engine brings, the speed you guys create amazing content to the game is just incredible.
    one question : will it be possible to turn on DRL lights in the cars that supports it and will we be able to turn on High Beam headlights?

• Like Like x 5
  13. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

"Lift off oversteer" was not mentioned once in the dev update. Is this overlooked? ;)

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Million thanks for this clarification Renato! :)

15. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There can be only one option. It has to be the circuit with multiple layouts, frequent visits by the F1 circus, famous for its long straight, and the scene of Nelson Piquet's famous win...

... Paul Ricard.

• Funny Funny x 5
  16. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Well, it's a premium DLC track, so will have historic versions, and the version with the oval exists in PC2... certainly not confirmed but I'd be very surprised if it wasn't. That said, to me AMS is my game for >1971 content, so I'm not personally too fussed so long as there's a '70s version and an '80s version.

17. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Omg. Please, yes;) Sebring is one of the few reasons why i go back in rF2 from - time to time..

18. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I thought PC2 had that as well not 40 years but historical weather?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If I remember correctly in Beta they said a touch more rubbered than completely green

20. oez

That one would go together nicely with content from Racin' USA oval pack. Helio Castroneves wins the time machine 500 :D.

But I too think that vintage layouts are almost a given with Monza. Not sure what the other versions would be since it's not an exception like Nurburgring/Nordschleife.

I really want to see 90s Monza with the double chicane and gravel. Getting Grand Prix 3 flashbacks.

• Agree Agree x 2