1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 May 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Indeed. Dave replied earlier :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Actually can I advocate for Monza's version of the 90s? The one with the double chicane at T1 and the faster Lesmo 2 and gravel all around the track to make it more nerve wrecking? Can you do the magic and bring the true Monza back alive @Renato Simioni? :whistle:

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So could the same thing then happen in AMS2 as well once development has ended?

4. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great work on this update Reiza and @Renato Simioni. Very impressive development congrats!

Keep up the good work and always be safe! COVID is really making our lives tough!
    :hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Shriukan

It currently is.
    As long as the underlying polling system doesn't/didn't change, it is possible to simply use your host file to reroute the polling call (address/IP) to a PC (local or remote) where said 3rd party program is running.

OpenWeather [Testing]: A proposal to fix weather issues (projectcarsgame.com)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Alejandro Lopez

Alejandro Lopez New Member

This looks absolutely fantastic BUT... please improve the VR performance. There are certain tracks like Jerez where you can't run rain or night even with an alien PC like mine that runs 6900 XT, 5900x and 3600 MHz 32 GB RAM.

• Like Like x 1
  7. F1Aussie

So does that mean everytime we roll over to a new year it drops the 40th years weather off as it would now be 41 years? Did what I type actually make sense? Lol

8. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

:whistle:

• Winner x 29
    • Like x 9
    • Funny x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Friendly x 2
  9. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

You guys are just awesome.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Shriukan

I guess what was meant is that the backlog goes all the way back to 1980, with the database increasing every day once the game fully polls all info externally.

11. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

These are definetely gonna be a pretty long 4 days :whistle:
    Best of luck Reiza! :hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Delvious

Delvious New Member AMS2 Club Member

Keep up the good work guys! I'm so excited for the C8.r/imsa. I have to say to anyone that doesnt have the DLC. It's well worth the money, and definitely the best in terms of 1p quality currently on the market.

I just wish there was some way I could donate to get backer status since I missed the fundraiser before EA lol.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Regarding the weather. Is it possible to have different weather cells on the same track in real time? The Nordschleife in particular is known for extreme weather differences. To clarify the question: would it be possible to have light rain in the most norther part and partly cloudy with sun at the box row? 10km away?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't remember Pcars have the historical weather system available in the public but I remember playing with it briefly in WMD. However, no doubt Reiza has taken these systems a lot further. Honestly, I am really happy to see these systems coming back and being quite polished.

I am curious if Reiza could get some of the removed features in Madness engine, namely the puncture one and also the damage system. Or bring thy hybrid or EV system into AMS2.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member

regarding the openweather thing for pCars2, their implementation used a shared API key (same key for every owner of the game, hardcoded somewhere). Presumably the API request limit for this key was exceeded very early on (either by people playing the game or stealing the key - it's in plaintext in the API call so trivial to obtain).

I guess maintaining the API key's access cost money, and (at the time at least) it wasn't possible hide the key. Worth considering here if AMS2 is taking a similar approach.

I wrote that little Java proxy that intercepts the OpenWeather calls and forwards them on with a different API key (one that's specific to that user). This seemed to work OK. The proxy could also pretend to be the actual server, giving fairly sensible weather responses based on the location being requested. TBH, I've no idea if it still works :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

With the weather set to Random, this effect is already possible in the current v1.1.4.5 release. But if you want to decide the outcome yourself, that is a different thing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. F1Aussie

Okay, good to know.

18. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

I'am quite sure the weather is player centric and all the same over the track currently. It only changes with time or follows race by sectors whenever a player activates it.

19. Shriukan

That already happens but it will always be somewhat randomised i think

• Like Like x 2
  20. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

You can have different levels of rain and track state even over a smaller track like Interlagos in AMS2. Already happened to me and was a big surprise. The start-finish section was damp and coming through sector 2, the track was soaking wet, then again arrived on the start-finish straight, which still had way more grip/less water.^^
    (Was an online session, though)

• Agree Agree x 1