1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

Hope for bad weather this weekend, you'll want to spend it inside ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Marcin

Marcin Member

Hi All I have recently upgraded to Simucube 2 pro and looking for some settings to start of. Thanks.

3. Handpflegecreme

Handpflegecreme Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi guys, I want to share my thoughts about custom settings.
    I've testet a bunch of custom settings until now (as a friend does too!). Maybe we are just to stupid, but I'm pretty sure we tested it in the same way, like the todo file says. ;-)
    We similar found out, that all of them feels to slack for us. We mostly like the custom settings, which I will share later. To me the only interesting feature in the rfactor 4.5 setting I just tested, is the fact, that your wheel will be forced to the opposite site when you run over curbs (but way to hard!).
    I've tested on Virginia with a DD1:
    For example, if I drive T10 (South Bend) with my settings, I can feel the right front wheel is losing traction and lifting while getting downhill at the outside of the turn. In custom settings I just have a slacky feeling.
    Another example, on the straight from Oak Tree to Roller Coaster is a sink in the middle. With my settings I feel a (in my eyes) well dosed right/left hit in my wheel. With rfactor 4.5 custom it's way to hard.
    My following setting are probably my basic settings, from which I want to make a more filigran calibriation for the DD1 over the next moth. It might be, that my FX settings are to strong for some others, but let me know, what you're thinking about it. What do you feel when you testing it with a DD1 (or DD2)?
    Stay safe @all!
    Cya on track

P.S. Sorry for my english, I'm not a native speaker. You can keep mistakes if you find some ;-)

Attached Files:

4. Lars Mars

Lars Mars Member

Look at page 1 of this thread

5. Lars Mars

Lars Mars Member

If you want to use the custom FFB file you need to put "TYP" on Custom and not on Standard. FX is way to high for a DD wheel. i read they suggest 20-25 for the Fanatec DD

6. Panos Schoino

Panos Schoino New Member

As Lars Mars said already your settings are way off for a direct drive. I am not sure on the fatatec side of things as i am using a SC2 pro, perhaps a DD1/2 user can help, but on the ingame setting i can tell you that your gain should be in the area (depending on the car and personal preference) between 28-40, lfb between 5-15 (in my opinion), FX 25-32, Damping 5-15. The sliders for lfb and damping do different things with the custom file than with default.

7. Marcin

Marcin Member

8. Handpflegecreme

Sure I did switch to Custom while testing the custom settings ;-)

9. Handpflegecreme

Yeah that's the point! I tried it out with lower FX and FFB but that's what I meant when it feels to slacky. Maybe my perception is to abnormal ^^ With the recommened setting it feels like I don't need a DD and also could stay on my csw 2.5 ^^

10. Panos Schoino

Panos Schoino New Member

Seriously I dont know what to tell you...i can assure you that with the settings i am running its plenty a workout and has nothing to do with a csw or whatever. I cannot even fathom running your settings, i want to keep my wirsts in their place. Is there a chance that there is something wrong with your setup? Are you certain you are running your DD in high torque mode? What are your NM readouts in cornering?

• Like Like x 1
  11. buddhatree

buddhatree Member

After struggling with the FFB for months I finally tried the rFuktor 4.4 custom file and I have to say, that was pretty darn good. I really enjoyed it....

But

I downloaded the AMS2 Beta last night after reading about the new FFB/physics and wow guys, it is fantastic. If the FFB stays like this I'll never need to use another custom FFB file again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Nice, really looking forward to the new update already, now there' even more to look forward to! :) I should've been a beta all along, actually regretted not doing so from the beginning for every release :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Handpflegecreme

Yes I'm running on high tourque mode. I didn't readout the NM but I will tell you after testing. But it will take same days maybe, not sure if I can do it tomorrow.

Also looking forward to it. I hope it gives me a better feedback of whats going on with the tires.

14. ThunderChief

ThunderChief Member

Meaning you switched to using the Default?

15. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I'm still on the recent custom version (rFuktor 4.4) but, tried default in Beta. Default seems to lack effective damping and details. I'm running high Damping + Inertia (30-40% on both) in the wheel driver with good results (Custom file).

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Member AMS2 Club Member

@Handpflegecreme I would suggest you use the 4.5 file for the DD. I understand your comment about floaty, which I have always had issues with and I cant use 4.4 because of it .

Just to see the effect of your settings I used your ingame settings and could drive with dd2 as long as the wheel FFB was turned down. The result wasn't wildly excessive and I not sure if you have just hit on a combination of settings that produces that "firm" centre you are looking for ,

Maybe experiment with the 4.5 file to see if it helps as it does for me. On the DD2 i use

Gain - 32
    LFB - 18-25
    FX 15-30
    Damper - 35

on wheel 80-100

All can be tweaked depending on car as always

My 4.5 file with a couple of tweaks is attached

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Chris Horsley

Chris Horsley New Member

So I've just tried rFuktor 4.4 on my SC2 Pro to me the only thing missing I kerb feel apart from that it spot on what setting do I need to change to get kerb rumble back?

18. ThunderChief

ThunderChief Member

I have exactly the same question! I really like the tyre oscillation in rF 4.4 but I lost a lot of the road feel and kerb rumble. If I dial up the FX, the tyre oscillation on steering produces too much bounce. If I dial down the FX, I lose track feel.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

^^^ For a general increase in road effects you can adjust this value upwards.
    (master_road 1.32) #Road bumps, details and suspension

And if you want to increase or decrease an individual effect, look at the values this section.
    Road features settings
    #

(texture_scale 1.49)
    (micro_bumps_scale 1.28)
    (kerbs_surface_scale 1.9)
    (kerb_bump_scale 2.75) #How big the tall curb bumps are.
    (large_track_bump_scale 0.7) #how much bumps on the track are felt.
    (large_offroad_bump_scale 0.18) #how much bumps off the track are felt.

NOTE: The above values won't be your values, I'm just showing you where the values are located, so you can adjust them to your own preferences.
    I hope that helps.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  20. Handpflegecreme

Thanks man. I'll wait for the update and test it again. I don't think it makes sense before ^^

Thanks Peter, I will try that out, after testing the 4.5 file again step by step. Maybe I did a dumb mistake, but I don't think so.

• Funny Funny x 1