1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. ThunderChief

ThunderChief Member

This is super helpful thank you. I have been using NuScorpii's Heavy Messing 2.5 for a while now. What I love about it is the really excellent transfer of the road and kerb textures through my SC2. What's missing is the wheel oscillations and suspension travel that rF 4.5 has.

I assume that there will be a lot of changes once v1.2 of the game is out - so will hold off on diving too deep into the FFB files for a bit.

2. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

Does any changes to the setup file necessitate a game restart, or can you do it on the fly?

3. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I am using an older rFuktor file (3.8 maybe?), I haven’t had a chance to spend some time testing with the latest versions, but I can assure you, the latest beta build is working just great with that file.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

restart sadly.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@ThunderChief I actually like a lot of suspension travel feel also. It may be too much for some wheels, but I like it to feel similar to rF2. Below is reference only for G920.

(suspension_scale 1.2) #how much the suspension is felt.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chris Horsley

Chris Horsley New Member

After a lot of playing around tonight, I think I for me I have cracked it, I played around with the Custom FFB file from rFuktor 4.4 and still could not seem to get the kerb feel I wanted.
    So I copied back in a fresh rFuktor 4.4 FFB file and started playing with TrueDrive software for my Simucube Pro 2 and found that the Slew Rate Limit controled what I was looking for, futher tuning I came up mwith these settings in the attched image
    in game setting are
    FFB Custom
    Gain 35
    FX 35
    Low force Boost 10 (have not tried with this off but it was what was recomended in the rFuktor 4.4 recomeded settings
    Damping 10 (remember Damping in Game with rFuktor 4.4 is power steering not damping)

Attached Files:

• AMS2.JPG
      AMS2.JPG
      File size:
      172.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Chris Horsley

Chris Horsley New Member

I have now played around with the low force Boost and set it to 0 as it does not seem to make much difference, and low force Boost is not required on a Direct Drive normally its for low end wheels

8. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

how is everyone finding the custom files are working with the new physics.
    I felt a need to bump up oversteer ( i have had it quite low in my file ) and lower rear traction loss feel , as it felt like the rear end wasn’t talking as much as before .

Default feels great except for it makes my wheel rattle like a gear driven wheel even with fx low , such is the way the bumps come through on my wheel.

9. Neil D Corfield

Neil D Corfield R3D M15T

I would agree the rear now seem to communicate, but the front seems lifeless. Clubsport v2.5

10. Kuku Maddog

well that’s kind of the opposite to my experience ..
    It may be vehicle specific perhaps. as the new gte cars feel ok but the Gt4s seem to behave oddly like the timing is off .

11. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

What LFB setting are you using?

12. Karsten Hvidberg

rFuktor 4.5 experimental 4 (skipped 3), high end version only.

* More aggressive timing on the front feel.
    * Slightly more aggressive on df calc.
    * Slightly lowered large bumps.
    * Slightly sooner slip feel, but then slightly slower progression.

Still experimental, plan to combine 4.4's way of LFB with 4.5's way for the final 4.5 file at some point.

File attached:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Karsten Hvidberg

In earlier version we had much more texture & micro bumps, but it gets tiresome when doing longer sessions.
    But you can easily bump both values up in the file if you want it. Also the kerb surface has a value you can adjust.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Dumb question, but is the beta public access? If so, how do I download it? Also, where can the notes about the new FFB/physics be found?

15. Richard Busch

Richard Busch New Member

I'm running the rF4.4 and it feels ok to me. What I don't like though is the tire squeal doesn't seem to match what I see and feel. I've only tried the Vette at Daytona, but the tire sounds don't match what I see and feel. I had to ignore them to get good times.
    I will be trying the other cars later today.

16. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

I just tested it and with the latest file (the experimental) it sounds OK, just about when the tearing starts to be felt in FFB, I start hearing the tyres.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Richard Busch

Richard Busch New Member

I just ran with the Porsche and the BMW and I didn't get any odd tire sounds that didn't match what I see/feel. I'll try the Vette again later tonight.

18. Kuku Maddog

It’s not available for new testers, it was for early backers of sim.
    All the info about physics is in first post about update under announcements page on forum.
    From what I read the ffb hasn’t changed, only the physics , which seems like they have reduced the pendulum effects and centre of gravity quite a bit.

19. Chris Horsley

Chris Horsley New Member

Tried a superkart tonight and it feels terrible with rFuktor 4.4 had to go back to default settings, I see there is a "is kart" section in the file might have to play with that, what happens if I just remove that whole section of the file?

20. Kuku Maddog

Karts have always been an issue. There physics are a bit broken.
    I have softened things a bit inside my 4.4 tune . but kinda lose interest in them when tuning as they don’t appeal, so not much motivation to figure out.