1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 May 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

I have 2 ideas.......
    First: GT3/GT4/P1/P2
    Second: GTE/GT3
    We can't really do a proper VLN since TCR cars are missing. We could maybe do GTE/GT3/GT4/GT5?

2. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, that's probably the greatest weakness of any AI I know of. On 70% of the tracks, to my estimation, they are reasonably equal and most of the time, I get somewhere productive by using values around "100 AI strength", but sometimes they're just ridiculously weak; e. g. around Spielberg Historic.

I'm very much torn as well; I like nerding about fictional calendars, and with AMS2, there's a lot of meat to dig into (also it shortens the torturous wait :) )
    I do however feel like the game is missing two or three historic tracks in order to have a truly immersive Formula Retro season, but that's where I definitely want to go.

Apart from that, I enjoy the F3 car, so that's probably going to be my first choice. Not quite sure which customization options there'll be (especially concerning reverse grids and the like), but atm I'm planning an all American championship with race distances ~75 km.
    VIR Full (15 laps)
    Laguna Seca (21 laps)
    Velo Citta (23 laps)
    Brasilia (14 laps)
    Campo Grande (22 laps)
    Cascavel (23 laps)
    Ibarra (21 laps)
    Long Beach R1 (24 laps)
    Long Beach R2 (19 laps) (Reverse Grid if possible)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Not here, but a Historics Ovals could be done,

4. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

A man of culture

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

You won the Election Mr 'Mayor.'
    I recorded some footage with you in mind (chevy) cars mental round there even though I'm learning track. But not long now and you can try yourself:)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. cristian51

cristian51 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

:hurrayreiza: I can allready see the dlc in my steam library :hurrayreiza: so hyped for this update :hurrayreiza: Captura de pantalla 2021-06-03 211353.jpg

• Optimistic Optimistic x 6
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Strange, I also have a Racin' USA Pack Pt2 and Pt3 as well as Super Cars, Monza Pack and some more which aren't official till now.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Monza is there for some time like USA pack but not for everybody. Probably only for really early buyers?

9. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

You're rather behind- I already have a copy of Automobilista 3 AND all its DLCs!

• Funny Funny x 6
  10. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Let's give the Hype Train some Steam...open the Valve!... it's the 4th of June!!!

• Like Like x 4
  11. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can anyone tell me what’s the sense behind the new upcoming weather system? How will you use it?
    Okay, you enter a date and time of the past 40 years and will get the exact real weather of that day.
    Problem is, I don’t know what the weather was like on any day in the past, so you could choose „random“ weather as well, or do I get something wrong?
    If you want rainy conditions for example will you google on which day in the past it rained on a specific location and then enter this time or how is it meant to be used?

12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

First, decide if you want to play "today" or a default date (often the date of a major race) or an exact date in the past.

If you want rain, you pick rain (or whatever other exact weather you want).

If you want "plausible" weather for the location, date and time, you pick random.

If you want to recreate some race from the past, you can pick the exact date.

If you want the live weather as it happens, you can pick that, too.

Basically every option for realism all the way through to precise control over the conditions that any sim-head would want.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  13. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Some of us like to recreate past events, and the main hype is about REALTIME WEATHER on the choosen track.
    Date: now,
    Time: now
    weather: Realtime

If was one of the coolest features back then in Flight Simulator X.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think it is for people who want to re-create a certain race that happened on a certain date with certain weather conditions... Some races like for instance Spa 1998 are very famous because of those conditions and many people may want to re-live that experience :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The system also allows you to have some non-uniform puddles on track, while it's being dry already for example, because it looks back in the past even before practice to evaluate, which weather you had before, to also properly give you the track state and it's more "dynamic" for the most part, compared to the default track presets.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Okay thank you. Let’s see if I will like it and use it often. Don’t think so to be honest because for me this whole new feature is only „random weather“ because I can only be surprised if I enter any date, no matter if I choose „today“ or a past date, which weather I will get...
    But of course it’s cool that the feature is there for people who like it...

17. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope the custom championship option allows you to have more than one on the go at a time

18. blueferrari

blueferrari Member

Agreed, it's good to run a few championships at once to mix it up. Us Aussies will be getting this update first when it's released. Perhaps midday Friday?

19. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Also wondering if sharing of Championships will be possible?
    Even if it's just a local file or something...

• Like Like x 2
  20. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, I will chop and change depending on what I feel like driving at the time.
    No, we basically get it last. Usually between about 5am - 9am the day following. So I would not expect this to drop until Saturday morning, which is a shame as I only get to race Fri and Sat night, and if lucky for an hour Sunday night so it will knock back my time with the update this weekend