1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

Except this is not an ACC discussion, the plugin was only to show me it could work with UE4 and AMS2 runs worse at night time for me than ACC.

;)

2. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

Except this is not an ACC discussion, the plugin was only to show me it could work with UE4 and AMS2 runs worse at night time for me than ACC.

;)

3. ThunderChief

ThunderChief Member

hey guys! how do i run ams2 in my HMD only - and stop it running on the monitor at the same time?

Thanks for the help.

4. RolandOfDongworth

RolandOfDongworth New Member

I'm almost positive that you can't. What a lot of people do is just turn the resolution way down to reduce the load. Also, keeping the game in full screen mode helps as well.

If you have a WMD or Oculus "preview" window up, a lot of times you can disable those within the specific software.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jason Pladoh

Jason Pladoh Member

Do these new fandangled VR headsets work better with SLI?

I don't see me getting hold of a 3080 anytime soon, but 980ti's are plentiful, and I could fit three to four in my tower.

old fella needs ta know,

J

6. lensman45

lensman45 Member

Simple answer...I'm afraid not. Another old fella with the bad news.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

From what I read some time ago VR needs extra coding for it to work with SLI, coupled with the SLI trend falling in recent years it's become almost forgotten, especially as Nvidia prefer to push single card usage much more.

DLSS support however would be a huge difference, that's Nvidias latest "thing" to help VR performance.

8. Jason Pladoh

Jason Pladoh Member

Thankyou for the information, off to find more red herrings. :)

J

9. MarcG

World Movement on Ovals (Daytona) needs some work, the Car "tilts" but the view does not go with it and it feels very weird. The Head ideally needs to follow the cars natural tilt on the banking, as it is currently the HMD View remains straight so it's as if you're leaning your head to the right but in reality you're not.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah it feels a bit weird but looks cool, you really get a feel how steep the banking is, otherwise you wouldn’t almost notice…

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Help!!
    Is anyone here with a Reverb G2 having weird projection issues with AMS2? Maybe that’s not the right word for it. It’s difficult to explain, but something is very wrong my end. It sends me completely cross eyed when I load into a session, as if the world scale is off, or the two lenses aren’t calibrated together or something. I can’t focus on anything at all, at any distance unless I close one eye. It only happens with AMS2 - Squadrons, Google Earth etc are perfectly fine. I’ve deleted my whole docs folder with the update yesterday so had hoped that would solve it, but it still persists.
    Anyone had any issues like this or have a possible solution? I don’t know where to start.

12. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Since the update, the FFB is much weaker on my TS 300. No feeling for the centre of the wheel, feels loose, no wheel weight in formula cars. Raised up the FFB Boost, but it did not help much.

edit: sry, wrong thread!!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
  13. RJVan

RJVan New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi,
    I had a similar issue with iRacing when I was running a GTX1080. I has to edit a file in the Windows Mixed Reality folder under steam. under resources/settings/ there is a file called default.vrsettings. At the end of the file there is a section called "NoInterEyeRotation". Adding the exe for iRacing solved the issue for me.

I have no idea if that would help with AMS2, but it might be worth a shot.

After updating to a RTX3080, I no longer had an issue.

14. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Thank you very much for your advice but unfortunately it’s not done the trick. No idea what’s going on. Mixed Reality Portal is acting up now as well. I’m running a 3080 too. No issues until recently.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. RJVan

RJVan New Member AMS2 Club Member

Dang, sorry man. I know issues like this can be frustrating. I would try removing and reinstalling WMR and Steam VR software. Some silly file somewhere has gotten corrupted. Good luck. There were some issues with recent NVidia drivers as well. The latest are working well here.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Set world movement to 50. Not perfect but much better than either extreme value.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. MarcG

But then the rest of the lap is compromised with lesser movement, I'm not asking for a band aid but an actual improvement to the viewpoint. RaceRoom, RF2 and iRacing have the correct perception of a Banked HMD viewpoint and AMS2 needs an adjustment in this area.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. RDG

RDG Active Member

Seconded, it's very confusing to have the car rotate around your vision.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure if it's the same problem, but I found that certain games don't work well when WMR is in seated mode rather than setting up a room boundary. It doesn't track your head movement, so the headset will keep things the same 'distance' from you when you move your head backwards/forwards/side-to-side which your brain really doesn't expect or like.

20. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Morning all, anyone getting high vram usage?
    Mine starts at around 7gb and keeps rising during a session which eventually crashes the game. Using fpsvr I've seen it as high as 23 before a crash.
    Something not right somewhere I've no idea what to do.
    Any advice is more than welcome.
    Edit: fixed it by opting out of wmr for steam beta, must be a memory leak with that version.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021