1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 May 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Koala63

Koala63 Member

Seriously, I expect it to drop in about +12 hours. Around sun-up Aussie time. Luckily, its an off week for Champions League. Next week we're back in the V12's to start round two at Interlagos. I'm very much looking forward to the goodies, but really hanging out to sort out what's changed with the new physics.

... Especially after all the Precious setups have been cast into the fires of Mt Doom.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't why, but it's not a dream..........:D
    AMS.JPG

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. sevenbelow7

sevenbelow7 New Member

It's funny reading these posts and how everyone thinks they know everything about everything!

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Rohit

Rohit New Member

Release it please....

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BCRCGAMING

BCRCGAMING #1 AMS2 Streamer! BANNED

Sevenbelow7, why do you insist on causing trouble everywhere you go??....every single time you join my lobbies you do nothing but be abusive, use absolutely disgusting language toward others and spam vote to kick..not to mention the ramming... definitely looking forward to the host kick button being added..

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Reiza will be working until the last minute on the update. We might still have to wait 10 to 12 hours if not a bit more as Brasilia is UTC-3.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. ChrisC

ChrisC New Member AMS2 Club Member

How do you know that? :):):)

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. Roninho

Roninho New Member

I am also not interested in recreating exact weather from a race date 20 years ago.
    Having said that, i really like this feature. Because with this feature i can select 'random weather', but by chosing a date & location i can make sure that it is 'realistic' random weather.

You won't get 6 degrees celsius when picking Imola in july or 30 degrees when picking Indy in october.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Agreed, random weather was often...randomly bad!
    NLS 1 2021 (27.3.) had to be abortet because it began to snow, after heavy rain. I am also most interested in the AI's reaction to that.

With he old radom weather we saw event ending weather much to often.

11. eddhartley

eddhartley Member

I feel that AMS2 need some sort of basic weather forecasting when you enter an event using random weather (or the new real weather system).

Whether this information is pulled from the archive DB of weather (for the real weather) or just based on the weather AMS2 has randomly selected to appear in the next weather slot(s).

At the moment if it is a light rain start (where slicks would still be faster) it is just luck whether you start on tyres which make sense. On a damp track you would start on slicks if you know it is going to dry out, or wets if you know rain was on the way. At the moment it is just pot luck whether you make the correct choice.

Particularly with the real weather system, I don't really want to have to go online what the weather was in a particular date/location (assuming there a website you can do that on?) I want to stay in the game and keep the immersion of the race weekend happening.

Also, no real racing team goes into the start of an event totally blind as to how the weather is likely to change as the race progresses.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. eddhartley

eddhartley Member

Also this /\

13. ThunderChief

ThunderChief Member

ams2.jpg

This is what I'm currently seeing in Steam. Cmon Reiza, open another opportunity for people like us to back you on Indiegogo or Patreon! :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rohit

Rohit New Member

Ahhh, let me buy it already! Unfortunately I don't even see the Steam page :(

15. ThunderChief

ThunderChief Member

Go to "See all" on the DLC mini list.

Then click on Browse and you will see all of the DLC. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Rodrigo Dutra

Rodrigo Dutra Don Perina Racing AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. sevenbelow7

sevenbelow7 New Member

Your wrong on most of the things you say. I always promote good proper clean racing but if someone wants to spoil the fun for everyone else and think they can get away with it then they can think again! I'm not spending 30 practise then maybe 20 minutes qualifying to be pushed off the track by someone that has no racecraft or respect for anyone else.
    I understand people make mistakes (outbraking themselves,etc) but if I done that then i’d wait and give back the position rather than drive off into the distance. If everyone was to take this approach then it would maybe force a better experience for everyone.
    As for using foul language I don't think calling someone a ‘wanker’ (which is my go to gripe), foul and abusive. That's why swear words were invented to be used at times when your pissed off or upset.
    I have people I race with on race department that would confirm what I just said and the only thing that I've found annoying about your statement is that you said I wreck! I most definitely do not! Never have done and never will. But if someone rams me off track and does not give position back then I do exactly the same back to them and usually do it at the very same part it track they done it to me. I'm happy to be in last place as long as I'm racing but being forced off track by some prick is a different story. Also lobby's where people fanboy each other when they have no idea what happened? I always keep the replays and often ask other drivers to save and view them to prove I was NOT the instigator.
    Whenever I host a lobby it is usually named ‘clean & decent’ I share set ups and try to make sim racing what it should be instead of pandering to snowflakes and fanboys. I could have replied to you by being abusive but chose to let you know the reason I don't let people away with **** like that (even if I'm leading the race) .
    So before you judge people without fully knowing what happened maybe think of the bigger picture. I'm not so concerned about the kick button as I am about the rating system so we will have like minded decent folks racing in the true spirit of ‘racing’. I hope you have a different view on the matter now and understand what I've said.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  18. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

^ I'm adding to my ignore list a lot this week. :)

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  19. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

So in other news, I hope Reiza are doing well as they polish this out for us all to get our hands on
    Take care of yourselves :hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 1
  20. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

All right, Elon Musk

• Funny Funny x 4