What to install, beta or normal?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by decipher, Oct 3, 2016.

1. decipher

decipher New Member

hey there, i just bought AMS + the season pass on steam and i am not sure which one to install, i really don't want to install both versions.

is there any disadvantage in using the beta version? i am looking forward to racing with the british pack (caterhams!) especially. i am usually playing offline, just AI racing or alone, but might be interested in multiplayer races along the way too. maybe that is a problem with the beta version?

any insights on this would be greatly appreciated.

2. yusupov

yusupov Member AMS2 Club Member

i keep 2 versions, beta i leave alone, release i install mods. if mods don't interest you, i'd go beta all the way, the early access to content + features more than makes up for the occasional speedbump. most of the big content mods are probably 100% compatible w/ the beta now as well, but i'm not certain of that. no idea about MP.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The Beta version is a plus for people who buys the Season Pass.
    Always new content, features and fixes are gonna be deployed first to the Beta version, since it serves as good testing method.

For example: The Beta version is now on v.1.0.8 and with almost all of the content from the Brit Pack on it (Missing only the Caterhams now).

The only disadvantage i can spot is with Online races, since there`s no servers for it (almost all the time).

So if you`re realy into testing or getting stuff first, go for the beta.

• Like Like x 1
  4. decipher

decipher New Member

thanks guys, i am going with the beta first then. if i eventually want to get into online racing, i can install the normal version anytime later i guess.

5. Professionalsimracing.com

Professionalsimracing.com Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Both. Beta for early goodies and helping to test. Normal for MP and TT.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

While at it (sorry for OT), but do you guys still keep SCE? There SCE mods not available in AMS?