1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

Thank you Reiza!

:hurrayreiza:

... on my way diving into ur vr worlds :p

2. Danny Michael

Danny Michael New Member

I did a clean install, only keeping my triple screen settings file. This is a huge update and not taking any chances. I left the FFB on default and it feels great. No doubt tweaks to come, but for default this is good, if not great.

The Corvette on Long Beach is truly special.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. sunnysunday

sunnysunday Member

I am blown away by how good the this update is. Only tried the gtes at the american tracks but oh boy do they feel great. Just amazing stuff. Thanks reiza this update has transformed ams2 imo.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hotfix has been released, but the version number is still v2.0 instead of v1.2? I guess we're stuck on v2.0, then! I don't think that's a bad thing, given how much the game has changed since initial release and that we are now close to celebrating the 1 year anniversary.

5. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Active Member AMS2 Club Member

One year anniversary was on march 31 (or better April 1)

6. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep you should be fine. I've been using mine during beta testing without any problems.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

These two never featured viscous lock.

I have tested the Ginetta GT4 supercup and it's indeed a bit more understeery off throttle and on the brakes. F-Retro G1 (BT44) even improved and breaks lock more than before and has very minor changes with very minor outcome (more in the "more turning" direction actually).

Not everything is differential related, just because a car doesn't turn, btw.

This "threshold" of low speeds allowing more throttle steer was already the case in 1.1.4.5 (also without viscous lock)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Raphael Camelo

Raphael Camelo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think so

9. Reeposter

Reeposter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Game is crashing for me when I do time trials.
    After few times when I click repeat the session I have no sound, then when I press esc whole game freezes.

Also - non bug, but my struggle so far - I have a really hard times driving Cadillac DPi, I'm not even able to go through Radillon at full speed without fearing of death, which I thought would be possible as DPi should have a ton of downforce. Also it is soooo oversterry when braking. Not sure if it is because of basic setup or what. I've spent a lot of hours driving DPi cars in other sims and those were much more stable than caddy in AMS2, it requires very little to do sbinala here

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. CrimsonEminence

I can go full flat with it, while checking my mails. Please try a full setup reset for a test, maybe something hick-upped there?

You can also lower it's rear a bit, but beware of bottoming it out.

11. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

I think they had them for a little while at first and swiftly option was removed but it doesnt feel like it.

I know of course not everything is diff related, my point is, when Viscous was an option, at 0Nm it was actually workable. Now its not.

Yes the speed thingy was the case and I still think something odd is happening in the background, hence my question as we have actual evidence they arent supposed to behave like that (from people racing the retro cars).

12. Reeposter

Reeposter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think I will do a clean reinstall just to make sure that physics havent messed up. Just watched Driver604 video and it looks like it handles differently that what I have experienced lol

13. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well Reiza must be doing something right after all :p!
    711 players online now, it's been a while since there were so many people playing AMS2

PS : amazing job guys ;)!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  14. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

I think it is safe to say that this update is the best yet. The GTE's are fantastic, not to mention the Cadillac. It's like a dream come true :D

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Same here....with one hand and drinking coffee with the other

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. CrimsonEminence

It's indeed really strange. The car has headroom for its balance and might still get some further default setup tweaking (also headroom for downforce still), but i have done 2 laps at Spa right now full push in default setup and got a 2:02, while cooking dinner...The braking is a bit snappy because it has no ABS (the function in the setup is not greyed out yet, but on authentic, it shouldn't intervene nevertheless)

17. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I could not agree more. I never liked driving any other BMW than the Z4 GT3, all others felt like big boxes, but now the BMW M8 GTE is the most enjoyable GTE for me :D !

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

One question... I see that traction control now works in a more "standart" 1 to 10 number system, but the desctiption on the setup screen still says that bigger numbers allow for more slip - is this true or did Reiza forgot to change the setup info text?

Also noticed a "bug" when selecting the conditions for a solo practice session, the info text for the "Starting Time" option describes it as the "agression level of the AI when racing wheel-to-wheel".

Love the FFB on the BMW GT4 and the AI was quite impressive on the race I just did with it. Still don't like how the Porsche Cup behaves in this sim compared with what I'm used to from this car in other sims (and the Boxer in AMS1), but I have no knowledge about what is more realistic or not so I guess it's a matter of preference for me.

Off for some more driving...

• Like Like x 1
  19. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

:D

What a fantastic update. So many noticeable improvements.

Not sure if it's just my imagination but 2 of the cars I was never sure about, the Brazilian stock cars and the McLaren GT3 now feel much better, particularly under braking and just beyond the limit of grip - the weird, slidey PCars 2 feel seems to be cured, replaced with a much more natural feel. The improved tyre sounds help, too.

AI also seems much more enjoyable to race against with a much better spread of the field and excellent awareness around the human player's car (so far, after about 10 races with no incidents). Perfect timing for the custom championships. I can see myself getting completely lost in this mode, with so many excellent cars and tracks to build championship seasons with.

The already beautiful gfx taken to a new level with the custom seasons. Spa on a misty February afternoon has so much atmosphere.

Brilliant work, Reiza.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

When your Wife is Working With her Virtual Students.....

ams2down.png

All day!!
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 11