1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe this could help you?

AMS2 Freezing in Splash Screen (Conflict with Logitech G Hub)

2. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

So ... I've completely wrecked any semblance of a sleep rhythm I might have had, and I'm gonna have to rise in 5 hours, all because I just couldn't bring myself to stop driving.

Worth it. Thanks, Reiza!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Must admit, the Porsche RSR GTE , whilst fun to drive, seems mighty stable. There is no upsetting the rear end at all no matter how I abuse the throttle through tight corners. Its fairly stable in Rfactor2, but you can't just abuse the throttle in tight corners and get away with it like AMS2 seems to permit atm.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

With the N24 this weekend and me being in the midst of watching the replay of Q2 I decided to take that brand new RSR to the ring 24h layout around dusk. It all came together, car handled great on default, FFB was sublime, physics made sense it felt tight and connected... and the sounds; hot damn does the game sound better now spacially.

Initial thoughts ^

• Like Like x 2
  5. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Mine too. But everything working fine. So i think it's not a big problem :)

6. Andres Garces

Andres Garces New Member

Can you tell me how to uninstall all the steering wheel files? I'll try to do this

7. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Absolutely fantastic update so far! The only issue I've noticed so far is the AI at Laguna being a little bit messed up on the final hairpin-start/finish straight (tested with GTEs and GT3s (seperately), rolling start, 100 strength and 80 agression: the issue in question is that AIs collide with the inner wall at the hairpin and can cause traffic jams with each other as a result) and the GTE cars being a little less FPS optimised but these are expectable issues given the fact it just released
    In spite of that though, all the excitement for this update undoubtably paid off :hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The roundabout in Long Beach needs a big fat banner saying: ''No overtaking in MP.'' :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Helleno

Helleno Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You forgot to change TC description after logic was inverted.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, agree, just strange, that is all.

11. F1Aussie

Anyone know if you can have more than one customer championship going or if you create a second one it will overwrite the first one?

12. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh.....can't start AMS2 anymore. Game crashes and an window pops up "Crash Report"...eieieieiei

13. Danny Michael

Danny Michael New Member

The Porsche is on rails! Fun, but I suspect an adjustment is forthcoming.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Sean Smith

Sean Smith Wolf WolfZ AMS2 Club Member

I have the Answer, That happen if I make a custom championship any combo. It works but once leave game it does what you describe. Go to C:\Users\your name\Documents\Automobilista 2\savegame\10477312\automobilista 2\singlechamps and delete the saved file.

• Like Like x 1
  15. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That would mean, it's not useable at the moment...or with hard restrictions...:confused:

16. F1Aussie

And that deletes your championship then?

17. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Imo one of the most impressive updates yet. Especially the AI has made some good steps. Thanks, guys. AMS2 is really shaping up to be one of the best, I see a bright future for this sim. :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Steve Redfox

Steve Redfox Member

Dear Devs,
    thank you very much for your great work on this update/dlc despite all the difficulties related to Covid. Especially the situation in Brasil is everything but easy. Hence kudos to the quality of your work. The new GTE cars are a blast and the new tracks are simply great. I also like the new "Custom Championship" functionality. I already set up a 10 race CS for Formula V10 Gen1 and 2...my favourite open wheelers in AMS2.

Under the hood:

For me AMS 2 started to become a serious sim, as far as FFB and "feel on track" is concerned, when I discovered and installed the "Raw Silver rFuktor FFB Mod" published by Karsten Hvidberg ( and all others who worked on it ) .

My TM TS-XW plus TM loadcell pedals turned cars into something lifely now. A tip on the break here, a nip on the the throttle there...cars behave like they should when raced to their limits.

Now, the new FFB system in AMS2 just tops this already great feeling....I wish I could have that in ACC too, where still some cars feel like bricks mounted on a piece of foam...wet foam, to be precise.

NEW SOUNDS ! What can I say...it's a feast for my old ears listening to the sounds of most Cars in AMS2. I am missing my C6es an C7s though....( owning a C3 with a Magna-Flow stainless steel exhaust system...so I know what I want ).

Tracks: becoming sensationally good ! I love them already and they show it's about time some other Sim studios ( looking at you R3E) do their homework on their track- upgrades.
    REIZA becomes a pace- setter here....Graphics, onboard and tracks are already really great.

New weather system: well for those who want to revive particular races it's certainly a great feature. For me, racing today I like the factor "unpredictability". Especially tracks like Nuerburgring Nordschleife and Spa are prone to sudden weather changes and require high skills in managing tire changes, race strategy etc...this includes the use of forecasts. So this new functionality adds a new degree of realism, which I like very much....

General:
    Of course I understand that Reiza cannot burn down a firework like the last update every month. Nevertheless, I am more then happy now, that I purchased the 2022 SEASON PASS in order to support Reiza. If future updates will be smaller but along this one in terms of quality, I am a really satisfied customer & supporter.

Online : well, tbh, still a weak point of AMS2 and at least to some degree, it will rest with us, the customers, to spread the word an point other "simmers" in the " right direction". However Reiza also needs to work on that part of the sim. But I am sure they are aware and they know, also from this great forum and it's skillful and engaged members here, what to do.

CONCLUSION:
    Lot's of words, I know. But I felt the need to express what went through my helmet the other nightvwhile testriding the all new AMS 2. It was always a good game. It is now becoming a great, serious racing-sim.

Stefan

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. sk8

sk8 Member

Wow Reiza!! This has elevated AMS 2 several levels. This was the update I've been waiting for. All the problem cars are vastly improved now and so enjoyable. The new sound brings things closer to AMS 1 if not better. Ai is fantastic though I was racing in the rain at Virginia(real weather) and the rain started to stop, when all the Ai decided to pit for tires on the last lap, allowing me to sail into 1st, was kind of surreal. :D

For me AMS 2 is now the best sim on the market. Congrats and may your sales soar through the roof!

But as Lewis would say, 'Good job guys, there is still plenty work to do though.'

:hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mike Cantwell

Mike Cantwell New Member AMS2 Club Member

Amazing update and do you realize I am going to have to get a bigger hard drive :p:D:D:)

And this is Part 1 of 3?

• Like Like x 2