1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. TanHammer

TanHammer New Member

Yea I'm getting this too, I can mash the throttle out of any turn with no TC and it won't really upset the rear.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I'm just starting to sink my teeth into this update.

It's fantastic on all levels.

And, the incredible new content and weather systems may have overshadowed the best physics overhaul since release. The kerbs are amazing now, and you definitely need to consider them more than you used to.
    AI are even better now as well. Respectful and challenging.

Just amazing!

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I already pointed out in the TC/ABS thread that the mapping of TC 1-10 to 0%/10%/20% etc. is pointless, because the meaningful values of slip allowable by TC are between 10-20% (the range where the optimal slip ratio is). So anything besides TC 8 and 9 is currently useless, TC 7 and below is effectively no TC and TC 10 is undriveable.

TC 1-10 should correspond to something like 5-25% of slip in the old sliders.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

aahh ok no it was on 'Default Date' which is 11/06/2020 so that would explain it, sorry for the confusion :)

5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wish I could get into the update, couldn't get in to race at first as the customer championship I created this morning was causing game to bug splat, when I deleted the .sav file it loaded up. My real weather was set for dry dates but it rained I nevery session at Daytona and Nurburgring, and then the game locked up at nurburgring and I had to shut it down. I gave up after that. I have a hotfix is incoming prior to the complementary update next week.
    Also not sure how the new TC works. Can you only set the 1-10 in the menu? In car I only get the option of off, low and high.

6. Levelup1

Levelup1 Member AMS2 Club Member

Great update! Thanks for your hardwork. Side note, I was just in the GM live stream and he ways saying, "The cars turn to much in initial turn in". A difference of opinion in some of the post here, were some people feel as if various cars feel like they are on rails. I addressed him, along side others stating, "That It doesn't drive like his seesaw motion his having". I asked him, could it be a rotation issue on his end? Also, I'm not a fan-boy of any sim. I enjoy them all. I also recognize and respect the differences, and drive accordingly. Also, wondering is this feeling more prone on DD wheels in any direction rails or snappy?

7. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Not my experience at all using SC1. I would say AMS2 ffb is like a combination of AC + rF2 + AMS ffb, and more versatile than any one of them in how it can be tuned.

I'll share my settings but, don't expect perfection because well, it's true that perfection may be pursued but, never truly achieved.;)
    YMMV applies, subjective, etc.

Note that I have 3 primary SC1 profiles I use with AMS2.
    • Standard: Recon Filter - 6 / Damping - 15% / Friction - 6% / Inertia Off / SFR Off This is a general use profile that works well with most titles.
    • AMS2 Default ffb: Recon Filter - 6 / Damping - 0 / Friction - 7% / Inertia - Off / SFR - Off For AMS2 Default FFB, use game-ffb Damping of 35-50%
    • AMS2 Custom ffb: Recon Filter - 6 / Damping - 30% / Friction - 7% / Inertia - 29% / SFR 0 Experimental profile for testing custom profiles (Latest by Karsten). Game-ffb Damping at zero or low level, depending on car (as needed). This is my current favorite ffb in AMS2.
    AMS2 FFB Settings:
    • FFB Gain: 35% (80% in SC1 / small Mige 20Nm)
    • LFB: 0-10% (preferred center feel)
    • Damping: 0 - 50% (SC1 Profile dependent)
    • FX: 15-35%

• Like Like x 2
  8. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

Fantastic new limiter sound in the in the F-Reiza.
    Congratulations to Reiza. It sounds like a complete new car.
    Like nothing else :D
    Keep up with this great job.

Hopefully other AMS2 cars have or will get the same threatment - because that will probably get a lot of new users in :D
    When limiter cuts in in every gear its impossible to hear anything else than this phantastic distorted scream.

And to really compare this massive distortion with some real competent sim sound I started the Formula Raceroom US up on lovely US track Watkins Glen.
    Oh man like butter on the eardrums - and in 7.1 :D

ByTheWay: To make kind of party out of this compare between competent and ^**'^¨ sound managesment I just tried to make myself comfortable on a new Leaderboard.
    With some success as can be seen :D

WG-LB.jpg

• Dislike Dislike x 15
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

V1.2.0.1 is now up - this is a minor hotfix to address some immediate issues with the latest release. A more thorough complementary update will be deployed at some point next week.

V1.2.0.1 CHANGELOG

• Reverted timed races to end without extra lap (will be added as an optional in a complementary update)
    • Fixed various incorrect/missing help texts
    • Added GTE/DPI to vehicle select category filters
    • Corrected various vehicle information errors
    • Adjusted wet road volume; Wet skid & scrub kick in points moved earlier, blend with dry sound shortened.
    • Minor Nurburgring art pass, correcting various LOD issues
    • Long Beach: Updated trackside cameras

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 10
  10. Reeposter

Reeposter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Dude it's just a pit limiter sound and you are crying like it broke whole game.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Don’t forget the obligatory ‘I’m great’ flex.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. chris cadby

chris cadby Member AMS2 Club Member

Whilst im loving laguna seca, long beach and daytona have prity unplayable fps in VR. With a field of 15 ai in gte's i get a ton of fps drops. I have turend shadows off, reflections low, and mssa medium/low but its only these tracks that give me real issues. Anyone else strugglng with fps?

13. azaris

Tbf to Bruno, the limiter sounds terrible on some cars now (including the Porsche Cup), not sure why it needed to be changed. Also the M4 needs a redo of the engine sounds, it sounds like something straight out of PC2.

Apart from that, everything seems to drive nicely so far. And the new tyre scrub and kerb noises create a lot more immersive experience. :)

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ayrton

Ayrton Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think it's completely fair to complain about the sound a car is making, I've done plenty of that. But posting an irrelevant leaderboard to gloat is just bizarre.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Normally i would agree, but this car just sounds this way.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. azaris

Idk the sample in the game seems to be missing the lower frequencies completely.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Will there be a hotfix for the custom championship causing the game to crash? Seems to be unplayable in custom championship once you exit AMS2 and then go back into it again. I have also seen from a couple of people and me having the game freeze up on Nurburgring with real weather.

18. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

We haven’t been able to reproduce that issue internally so it doesn’t seem widespread, but we are aware of the reports and keeping track of it, with further custom champ developments certainly coming in next week’s complementary update.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Pedro Miguel Pinto

Pedro Miguel Pinto New Member AMS2 Club Member

3rd time i'm on an online lobby and game crashes . Closes and back to windows.
    Since the update yesterday, also happened thursday in the Beta race.
    Always @ Daytona and i'm driving the DPI.
    Anyone else as this issue?
    Cheers

20. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There's a bug with tire pressure for BMW M8 GTE
    BMW M8 GTE.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2