1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Specially if you don't own the game...

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Wile the GT4 in general is not as stable as the GT3, perhaps you could tune the overall grip for the BMW M4 GT4 a little bit. Otherwise it seems to be a great car. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They seemed like they want to shill for ACC and rF2 more and their bias against Madness Engine games also extended to AMS2 now. Their hatred towards Ian Bell sure runs deep.

M4 GT4 does need some tweaks, the car still drive quite unstable for me. Very snappy round the corner if you accelerate.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

I got some problems this time, after restarting session on TT, no audio, total freeze 1m later. Multiple Time. I give Up for Today.
    First time for me since August 2020

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Happened to me once this evening with the Cadillac DPi on the Nuerburgring. Restarted TT run and had no sound, shortly after game was frozen.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Juan Reinoso

Juan Reinoso Doctor SimRacing AMS2 Club Member

Another car that you get nothing but understeer under heavy throttle is the BMW M1 Procar, this car is on rails like it has TC

I'd expect those cars to behave more like the m4 currently behaves, with oversteer under throttle

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not so sure that is correct, I believe one of the developers here, Dave Stephenson also helps to run Race Department.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Steve Redfox

Steve Redfox Member

Renato,
    I own and use AC, ACC, rfactor 1&2, GTR2 and R3E, aside from AMS2. Until the most recent AMS2 release, ACC and R3E have been my most used Sims. This will change now...

I have a couple hundred hrs. under my belt with GTR2, but that was another era. I have driven many types and classes of sim cars in those sims, including the Trucks in AMS2...I am not the fastest driver, but say upper midfield. Up til now, my most favourite sim is , for it's sheer variety of international tracks and racing series ( cars ) R3E, the grandson of Simbin's famous GTR2.
    ACC, AMS2 and also AC and rfactor 2 arei, technically and graphicswise speaking, lightyears ahead of GTR2 but I am still missing the feel for speed in most of of these newer Sims. With R3E, I got this feeling back to an extend. The main reasons for purchasing AMS2 were for me initially it's collection of Formula Cars and the feeling of real speed I had when driving them.Also their sound makes up for a great immersion.
    Second, the quality of it's graphics and of it's tracks and the potential this sim has for the future. While rfactor and AC do offer some formula racing, mainly through more or less well made mods, only R3E and AMS2 offer a full set of Formula racing series where R3E has even F4 to offer. Driving R3E's formula cars is as much fun and feeling for speed as in AMS2. But AMS2 has on top way better graphics and now also a comparable if not better physics system.

Now comparing the GT car series ( mainly GT 3 and 4 ) in all of the modern sims mentioned, I have to say, that the feeling for speed is not as good in neither of them compared to old Granddaddy GTR2.

I do see the km/h on the HUD, but looking on the track, I think these GT3 and 4 cars are driving and feeling like bricks sliding on foams. Slow to turn in and easy to loose on the exit, but somehow like in slow motion. Especially the GT4 cars, who should have the most recent physics and should be more "lively" by their nature, are kind of cumbersome to drive in most sims including AMS2.

I don't know about iRacing, but of all sims, R3E, nailed the impression of real speed for these GT4 cars the best. But it depeends on the model. And while R3E's graphics are dated, their physics and the selection of well known tracks from around the globe make up some for it. Let alone their online and championship capabilities. But, as already mentioned, AMS2 made a giant leap forward with it's recent release and I am confident, that Reiza has what it takes to become the best racing-sim out there.

However, still some work to do. To make a long story short: is there ayway to improve the GT classes a bit in terms of speed impression and realism ?

The only GT3 car in AMS2 giving a decent impression of what these cars are capable of is the McLaren 720S. The Porsche 911 drives somehow strange and kind of different compared to all other Porsches 911 in other Sims. The Porsche's typical rear-engine /rear wheel drive feel and it's Boxer Engine behavior are somewhat missing ( all driving aids off, of course ).

The new GTE's are a great step in the right direction though, but I have the impression, this BMW M8 is somewhat over the top in terms of stability...it really feels and drives like a "tank"..rather then a racecar...but still great fun and a great looking car.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. sk8

sk8 Member

The M4 is very bouncy on Nords. Setup does mitigate the issue somewhat but not completely. M4 should be an absolute weapon at Nords.

First impressions at Laguna Seca were good though. My first thoughts were that finally someone created an M4 that drives like an M car. An M4 should be able to oversteer on throttle and this felt good to me. I've owned 3 bmw's.
    Just needs some proper suspension.

I'm sure it will be epic when polished.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Reeposter

Reeposter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Random Callsign is becoming AMS2 fan I see

• Like Like x 2
  11. CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I had the same thing happen a few times in a 24 lap race against the AI at Daytona. I was in the DPi, and the AI classes were DPi, P1, GTE and GT3.

12. GiVil27

GiVil27 New Member AMS2 Club Member

I had the same thing multiple times. Just in timelaps modus. In vr and no vr. Testet with two different sound devices. Different cars and tracks. First no sound and then the freeze in the game menue. Sorry bad english

13. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

the gt3 porsche have to really wrestle it about the tracks. Its pretty good with a better setup I will show you what I use and it may or may not be better I do not know but I usually use this setup except at a couple of places and it remains fun. It was something I had to play round with in a big way - but I was always reducing coast and power on several cars, so do this to the gt3 Porsche. For turning and slip angles and all that: tire pressure - put the fronts up. Some of the P1 and p2 cars change completely just with this kind of thing. If you want more over steer or something. That with the diff ratio, and preload is of course really when that ratio triggers in a turn (or sooner rather than later)

-down to 45 power and it depends on track
    -down to 50 coast and it depends on track. this system is great for turning on a all cars, I like how Madness engine can do this. other times, most of the time its reversed, maybe 75 power and 65 coast, I try to keep them within 10. try it all out.
    - then put preload at 80
    - next I put tires to higher pressure up front. 1.60ish to 1.65, and rear at 1.54
    - suspension this is what I do for now daytona

spring 3, bump 5, then 10 10 8 8 on front; camber 2.1 and caster 8, ride height is 60

back is all values -3.5, 72, 3, 5, then slow bump and down is 11 11 4 6

I always turn the steering rack up in this car to between 24 and 29. for daytona I put it on 28, toe in -0.8 and Anti roll bar is 10. I almost never change this setup for this car. Traction control as of today not sure fully but its on 2 and no problem, anti lock on 2.

then rear anti roll is on 4 and toe is +0.6

I don't know if this is a legit setup like IRL but it makes the car go a lot better.

- edit: and downforce is 3 and front brake is like usually at 60 front. but sometimes this patch and at Daytona I would do 57 or 55. and alter during race.
    - then brake ducts for the gt3 I close right up a lot more. it really helps it in the short term an for aero- so I mean 20% each and
    - radiator lower than 50%. Ift you're racing in the cool of the morning etc why not stick it to 30% or something; and for this patch
    - engine braking 10 for the porsche because why not it needs extra braking/

-eg I used this setup at donnington a lot and yes daytona. For this patch prior to those extra brake things this car is no good at Long Beach- AFTER, bottom settings, it is.

try it - and yes long beach is a green track in the morning, and so were others. start practice is at 8am, race ends up being at night (sorry day but night is better) and on 15 January of 2019.

- if you do it at Long Beach you can drop the brakes back to maybe 55 at front and let them cool and you can throw it around a lot more at that point. Its pretty cool throwing the gt3 around the corners. So its nice how the transfer of weight is happening, and you can adjust it during the race.

To say this is incredible is an understatement when having a race in this patch
    __

rememebr how things stand today, give it laps for tire warmth, and also if the road is green or rubber-down, and the temperature if its 2 degees or 12, if its summer, and heat transfer of contact patch.

These are other reasons beyond the above - that how dynamic things like wear and heat transfer is, and weather. So unlike other games things underneath the hood move around a lot more. Really push the Porsche and it will start to fade on you making that pitstop a requirment; so its unlike many other games in its expansiveness. Some of the cars I have even blown the engine lol

no the game is not totally perfect right now but its a lot better to where we can see these things working in tandem; and its a ways ahead of other titles - and I find it all still relatively spirited driving. That kind of thing will probably come back within the year I guess.

Most of the GT3's go alright but the Porsche was/is the odd one out and steelcast vid months and months ago I did watch, it was his idea iirc to reverse the power/coast. But I kind of like the aspect of wide-array of setups. Its good to be able to alter how a car drives by a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Reeposter

Reeposter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh so I'm not the only one having that problem. I've reported it previously in this thread but nobody catched that so thought that I might be having issues with my PC
    Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.0.2

15. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, I agree. Bram, the site owner is pretty positive towards AMS2 when he posts in the forums.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

y

Agreed

Nice rl vid his reaction at 5.30 onwards

Side note The rear view monitor has a proximity detector ! IRL showing how close a car is and where left or right.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Rob Davies

Rob Davies Bobby Dazzler AMS2 Club Member

And me after restarting SP race at Daytona in m8

• Like Like x 1
  18. ATSS

ATSS Member

Since the USA update the AI is very slow at 100-105 strength, why? I'm like 4-5 sec faster than them at every track.. before this it was max 1sec at certain tracks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Not in every car though ... SuperV8 AI is practically unbeatable on 100.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Now Racedepartment has the news online…