1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMD FSR SUPPORT

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Ribeiros, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

Now that AMD announced that fsr(fidelity super resolution) is coming in June 22th I think it would be an amazing feature to add the Ams2, many people would be able to have better graphics and better performance in single and triple screens as well as Vr headsets, it is open source and AMD said that it is pretty easy to be added to any game.
    @Renato Simioni what do you think about it?

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  2. geekyhawkes

geekyhawkes Member

I was thinking the same! I guess the good news with this compared to DLSS is AMD are putting it out open source so hopefully someone (smarter than me) will release some plugin or something similar!

• Like Like x 2
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

The fact that it works on nVidia from seemingly Pascal forward really put a nail in DLSS's coffin.
    I really hope it comes to AMS2 also.

• Like Like x 2
  4. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

I would hazard a guess that this is a feature that will likely not be common for a while in very many games. If many games rapidly adopt it, then its a possibility. But if even the big budget AAAA games dont start including FSR support for existing titles then you know it's probably something they'll integrate mostly into games that are currently being developed.

5. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

but, like they(AMD) have said, it is open source and very easy to implement in a game, as of July 22th it will be available already for developers and some games, I think that for racing games it is a must, many people can't afford expensive gpus and even those who can would apreciate it as it would improve a lot the fps in triple screens, higher resolutions and VR.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. 2ndLastJedi

Like AMS2 is.....

7. RDG

RDG Active Member

FSR looks very blurry even on the quality setting… probably easier to just lower resolution and use sharpening.

8. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

looked blurry on a gtx 1060 as they didn't show on the rx 5000 and 6000 series, but even on Ultra the fps gain is huge and almost no loss in quality.
    better have the option than not.
    if it really is easy to implement, I think it is a must for any simracing game.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Active Member AMS2 Club Member

DLSS coffin :) lol, you people get your hopes high on announcements.. DLSS 1.0 was a piece of crap, i suspect first iteration of something that doesnt even use any specific hardware hardly will turn into a miracle, i sincerely hope im wrong :) DLSS 2.0 is superb but it also has its quirks...

10. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I really hope for a response from Reiza about the possibilty of FSR implementation in AMS2.
    The performance benefit should be worth to think about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. RDG

RDG Active Member

Considering it needs implementation on the engine level, I'd say the chances are pretty slim.

12. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It apparantly only takes a couple of hours to implement according to a couple of posts made around the traps, whether or not that depends on the engine or not I dont know as I know nothing about these types of things, I am sure there must be a lot more to consider though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. 2ndLastJedi

FSR has already made it into AC!

• Like Like x 9
  14. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

+1 Would very much like to see this implemented as soon as possible. Please and thank you. :D

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

@Renato Simioni could you share some light into this?
    please, this would b4 a huge addon to the game.

• Like Like x 5
  16. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Have been testing it out in AC at 3440 x 1440. The quality preset gives a substantial boost with minimal visual impact. Thank you Ilja!

I'm stuck with an ageing 1070 for the moment but, this makes relatively demanding settings at reasonably high refresh rates 100hzish totally achievable. Bringing it to AMS 2 would literally save me an upgrade. :whistle::D:hurrayreiza:

17. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Considering where FSR sits on graphics draw pipeline I think it should be done by madness engine. Not sure anyway, I could be outdated, it was a decade ago I was developing indie games :)

18. Tambe

Tambe Member

When it came out I searched the forum and found nothing, so I published my own thread, now I see that there are three, anyway.
    Well I found a solution to implement FSR in Steam, Unity and Unreal 4 games. This is only for openvr in principle. I leave you the link of the project on GitHub. but with this it did not work in AMS2 because it uses an old API, but someone from the ACC forum modified it and now if it works by putting it in the x64 folder, I leave the download link at the end of the post.

Proyect:
    GitHub - fholger/openvr_fsr: Add FidelityFX SuperResolution to SteamVR games

Archive:
    155.7 KB folder on MEGA

19. mist3rf0ur

mist3rf0ur Member

I'd be interested in this as well. I wonder if it'd help those of us with 1000 series cards racing in VR. Rain and nighttime is where I want to gain some frames.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

That was me and there is already a thread for the OpenVR FSR mod here.

However this thread is about a general implementation for AMS2 which can only be done by modifying the Madness engine and not by mods like FHolgers. VR is different in that it already has spatial scaling built into the SteamVR API (and it's always used) so it's fairly trivial to inject FSR at that point. With standard rendering to a monitor this is not the case so is much more difficult.

• Like Like x 1