1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Darío Quiza

Darío Quiza Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Cascavel
    Car Used: ARC Camaro
    Applicable Settings: Current date (06/06/2021), 10.00 AM, Real Weather (it's raining, like, a lot :D)
    Report: Driver's helmet has water droplets inside a closed car with a roof.

2. Dan44AFCB

Dan44AFCB Member AMS2 Club Member

To expand on this bug, I also have it, but only when selecting current date.

Tried on Daytona and Spa with 25 min race, time acceleration at 60x. So appears as the folliage thing doesn't like the future!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Daniel Escalona

Daniel Escalona Member

Track & Layout Used: Interlagos, Daytona, Bathurst, Kansai (possibly the same at any track)
    Car Used: Any Porsche Cup
    Applicable Settings: N.a.
    Report: The new scrub/kerb sound effect is missing for the Porsche Cup cars, possibly at any track.
    Steps to Reproduce: Start a practice session with a Porsche Cup at any track and you'll notice there is no sound while driving over kerbs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

already reported! Post can be deleted!

5. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Laguna Seca
    Car Used: FV10 Gen2
    Applicable Settings: public MP lobby (can't be sure, but very likely it was not a dedicated server)
    Report: Unable to "continue" MP session after Qualifying. The Continue button can be hovered (its highlighted when mouse is on it), but button press makes no difference. Game seem to be running normally, but the only way to exit is to kill the process.
    Steps to Reproduce: you've to be assigned as the host of the session (the original host left and the game gave me the role).

6. Daniel Escalona

Daniel Escalona Member

I was hoping these infamous transparent meshes at "the Cutting" and at "The Esses" would be removed but I see they are still there :(

The cutting.jpg The Esses.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. fish998

fish998 New Member

Track & Layout Used: Brands Hatch GP
    Car Used: McLaren 720S GT3
    Applicable Settings: Time Trial, using Oculus Rift S (30.0.0.27.502), Logitech G27, nVidia 3070 (466.11 drivers), AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
    Report: During Time Trials, running against a ghost (piquet), after clicking restart you will lose all sound (but the game is still running and you can still drive) and then the next time you hit escape the game will freeze and become unresponsive and need closing with Task Manager.
    Steps to reproduce: You may need to drive a few laps and restart a bunch of times to make it happen. It has happened about 10 times in the last few hours though. Steam reports no issue with game files.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. fish998

fish998 New Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Report: Game makes a duplicate replay after loading a replay.
    Steps to reproduce: Load a replay file. About 25-33% of the time, once the replay has loaded the sim will then start saving that replay again for no apparent reason leaving you with 2 of the same replay.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Peter Kasbergen

Peter Kasbergen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: All
    Car Used: All (I use mostly GTs)
    Applicable Settings: All
    Report: AMS2 window (borderless windowed mode) loses focus when spinning/crashing (or at least no inputs possible). When clicking the window, inputs are possible again.
    Steps to reproduce: Spin/crash. The problem happens in about 10% of the cases for me.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. YZAKY

YZAKY New Member

Are you in vr too ?

I think I understood the problem, maybe it has already been reported ...?

In custom championship, it's a problem with the date, but especially the season, which is not saved.
    during the loading screen, the date is not correct, so neither is the temperature.
    I think there is a texture bug on the circuits which benefits from the seasonal textures.
    As if the game didn't know what to load between what was initially set (summer) and what was loaded instead (winter)

Typically, if I take spielberg in August, the championship will start in March and I will have the test and qualifying at 3 degrees, with winter textures, and the textures of the race will bug
    If I press the button, default condition, in race settings, in championship creation, there is no bug.

now i dont know if it is the same for all or just in vr?

• Like Like x 1
  11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I noticed the default date issue in a custom championship with real weather and thought maybe it was just a text issue, maybe it is link to what seems like dodgy real weather?

12. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

two old bugs still there:
    - cars sometimes roll out of garage in neutral gear (with autopits set to "off")
    - in some vehicles like formula v_12, the engine stalls in neutral with autoclutch on. so, when player shifts down to neutral after a spin, he has to restart the engine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Game Build: V1.2.0.2.1687.AVX
    Track & Layout Used: All
    Car Used: Porsche Cayman GT4 & Ginetta G-55 GT4
    Applicable Settings: All
    Report: Tyre Sidewalls are not rendered. Contrary to earlier reports, this is not an replay only issue.
    Steps to Reproduce: Select car, switch to exterior view, rotate camera.
    Steam Community :: Screenshot :: Missing Tyre flank bug

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

upload_2021-6-7_18-7-6.png track: bathurst
    car: 911 rsr
    applicable settings: custom championship, 17 january 2019 real weather at 14:00
    issue: apparently it snowed at bathurst in the middle of summer, and it caused the mountain to dissapear:

EDIT: theres no snow, it is just that the grass is see-through and is white because the clouds under it are white.
    1066890_20210607180407_1.png

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

Version: V1.2.0.2 (I remember since version 1.1.3.5)
    Track & Layout Used: Velo Città
    Car Used: Opala Stock Car 1986 (Probably Opala 1979 / Old Stock Race)
    Report: AI messy in the pits.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Graham A

Graham A New Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Laguna Seca 2020
    Car Used: McLaren 720S GT3
    Applicable Settings: Time Trial in VR (Oculus Quest 2 via Link cable)
    Report: Initial loss of sound (apart from slow ticking noise) and then freezing of game.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive time trial for a lap or three then "Escape" and "Restart Session" (Do not exit). It can take up to 10 attempts but eventually a new session will start with no sound bar the ticking, the next "escape" will freeze the game and it needs to be killed via Windows.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

you can do view helmet = no?

18. sparco

sparco Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: any track
    Car Used:Porsche 962
    Applicable Settings: N.a.
    Report: The FFB & bnrake rate seem to be very soft (compared to Mercedes C9)
    Steps to Reproduce: Start a practice session with a Porsche 962 on daytona for exemple or any bumpy track and you will see that the FFB is not as hard as Mercedes C9 for example

19. JULIO CESAR ALVES SARAIVA

JULIO CESAR ALVES SARAIVA New Member

Track & Layout Used: any racetrack
    Car Used: Fórmula Classic Gen 2 / Formula Ultimate

Report:Formula Ultimate, sometimes when it stops in the box it gets stuck there, because you took the refueling off the car, but the game tries to refuel and that's how the error happens.

Another problem is the Classic Formula GEN 2, which often crashes the game for a few milliseconds when a driver goes into the pit, making it impossible to have a race in peace.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Andre Ramoni

Andre Ramoni Member AMS2 Club Member

I've been through this too

• Like Like x 3