1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

I use rFuktor 4.4 (beta 3?) tuned by Stakanov. Using the same settings as before the update, the wheel in general feels a little weaker with lesser details coming through.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I’m finding ( very frustratingly) that many of the cars that used to feel really good consistently over a long period, now lack a lot of feel. Some don’t give anywhere near the grip loading they had and before you know it, your under steering into a wall.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Todd McDanger

Todd McDanger New Member

I'm using ---- Silver Raw rFuktor 4.4 ---- with the AMS2 v1.2 and a Fanatec CSL Elite base. Its very very good. Thanks!

4. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

First 4.5 file feels great to me with the new update. Think I prefer damping at zero.
    Having problems with my vram spiralling out of control so can only get a few laps in before it crashes.☹️

5. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I just tried 4.5exp4 but for whatever reason, I do still prefer exp2. If you were to ask me why, I don't think I could subjectively give you an answer. Just a feeling thing. I will stick with Exp2 for now. Keep up the great work Karsten & Co.

6. Kuku Maddog

Think I've managed to breath a bit of life back into things for me , by mostly just strengthening the core scales a little.
    have adjusted for new slip positioning from latest 4.5 too

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Enagee

Enagee jim joneZ AMS2 Club Member

I got a friend using Simecube Pro anyone got settings they can share that I can pass on?
    Thanks

8. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

If anybody wants to post a file in post 1 or 2 just let me know.

9. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

I think just in general you chase and change yours far too often to get a proper reference point and even to the point of confusing yourself.

The ffb is stunning now. Maybe there is slightly less movement and detail but the cars are slightly less lively and the center of gravity is lower don't forget. In fact they were too lively prior to the patch. But thank goodness they're not down at the boredom of ACC levels.

This is the patch we had to have. It's way more normal. I think though in places they will make things more jittery at speed depending. Still the patch was much needed in my book. Cars are not meant to be unstable. They have 4 wheels and 4 brakes. Yes at acceleration they get jittery and you can unsettle powerful cars even at low speeds. But in normal operation.

I'm using 4.5 exp the original. I think the whole game including the ffb improved. But yes if there's any more I will try too

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
  10. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

LogitechHUB: Last version with default setting 900° and sensitivity to 50

IN GAME:
    900° All deadzone to 0 and sensitivity to 50 except the throttle on 30

FILE FFB:
    NAME: Silver Raw - rFuktor 4.5 Exp4 - Momentum Rack 6.1 - Tuned by Stakanov for LowEnd Wheels and Logitech (G920 and G923/G29/G27/G25/DFGT) (Date 06/06/2021)

In game setting select "Custom" with this starting value for Logitech:
    GAIN 90* - LFB 80 - FX 65 - DP (PowerSteering) 80.
    *Then, in the car setting, use +/- % of Gain for car to taste!!!

With these lines disabled there are no wrong values and no display flickerin in the telemetry hud:

# (gain (+ gain (* lfb_slider (- 1 gain))))
    # (damping_slider (+ damping_slider (* lfb_slider (- 1 damping_slider))))

DD owners do not notice the difference because they use very low LFB values between 0-10 and therefore do not change much the values of GAIN and DP (Power Steering)

After disabling two lines of code, I twisted the values of the cursors in the game in order to obtain almost an identical result of the original file with the 2 lines of code activated and then I proceeded to modify the remaining values as usual according to my tastes , here is the file ... good evening to everyone and thanks as always to Karsten & Co!!!! :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  11. Chris Horsley

Chris Horsley New Member

see True Drive Settings in attached image works well with Default and rFuktor4.4

Attached Files:

• AMS2.JPG
      AMS2.JPG
      File size:
      172.8 KB
      Views:
  12. Kuku Maddog

Well I don’t recall asking you for your personal opinion on what I do...

before update I hadn’t had to tweak for quite some time. All I’ve done is try out newer experiments and passed on my feedback because that’s how these files become what they are.
    My tune hadn’t changed , and I would rather not have too, but default just doesn’t work on my wheel, it’s too rattling and bumpy no matter what I do.

and it’s been mentioned by others that the strength of details were lower since update and that’s purely down to less exaggerated physics. , so without altering the main processes of file, but just increases in core strength of master effects and key values , feeling has been restored.
    It doesn’t matter if physics are better or worse , the point is being able to feel it. So think of it as a post update patch.

I could keep this to myself, but I choose to share it , because someone may find it useful, if you don’t like it, don’t use it ... it’s not that hard .

• Like Like x 1
  13. Enagee

Enagee jim joneZ AMS2 Club Member

Thanks, Chris. What are your in-game settings? I already sent him rFutok 4.5 ..

14. Chris Horsley

Chris Horsley New Member

Gain 35
    Fx 35
    Damping 10
    LFB 0

15. Tangogulf

Tangogulf New Member

i want to thank you guys for the work you put into this. I just put in your 4.5 and it has changed the game for me. Do you have a donation site?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

:whistle:

• Like Like x 2
  17. ThunderChief

ThunderChief Member

We have almost identical hardware (I use HP G2) - would you mind sharing your SC2 TD settings and also your VR settings as I am struggling to get good performance in AMS2 without inducing shimmering and artifacts (2080 Ti / i9900). Thanks!

18. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

Oh! Nonsense! You're a forum hog and a bore. You don't seem to have a job or much else going on in your life. Every second post is literally you and your own selfish attitude trying to autistically tune minute things.

I'm trying to be good to you. You like the game so much. Take a good look at yourself, man, and BUY a DD wheel already. Your wheel is junk. You know it's true. What you're doing now is pretty dumb. I'm doing this for your own good.

Your obsession has been going for months now almost daily it seems. Consider these words. You can't be pleased. It's your wheel it's not in good shape.

I know this is true because of the ten percent of ten percent rule on large sample and small sample. 200 players a day, means 10% take it to a higher level.

Out of those 20 people you are obsessed.

• Dislike Dislike x 6
  19. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

@Dave Stephenson Could we please get a ban for this person?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Kuku Maddog

Wtf

forum hog an a bore ?.

It would take me ten posts to reach your long winded word counts of one post, that ramble on an on without making much sense or having any meaningful technical feedback other than how you think you’re better than everyone else and we are all wrong.

talk about the pot calling the kettle out.

These custom files have been a long term project by Karsten and co, and if you don’t want to be part of it, then don’t abuse or benefit from the work of others who have helped , and go rant about something else your the best at.
    How have you contributed again ?

• Winner Winner x 5