1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simucube 2 Pro recommended settings

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by ayrtonforever, Jun 7, 2021.

1. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Active Member AMS2 Club Member

what settings are recommended, both in TD and ingame for the SC2 Pro? should i put damping on 0 in TD and use the ingame cursor?

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It was recommended quite some time ago, to leave damping of the wheel own software off and using the ingame damping, which works differently to normal damping, because it just kicks in, when the wheel is moving/accelerating really quickly initially. (It's actually a setting for "faster" wheelbases from CSW 2.5 to DDs)

• Like Like x 1
  3. ayrtonforever

thanks, any int about how much ingame damping and other values? LFB (maybe o) and FX? in can't find that post, talking about last ffb major update

4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I would try to start with 30-40 damping, 0-5 LFB and FX by preference (can make the mix more immersive, but also induce some oscillations if too high IMO)

For the gain...well. You have a simucube...i think, you know best, how fast and strong you normally like it. The Gain will determinate your overall FFB mix strength.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I recommend the settings in my signature because they feel the best to me :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. ayrtonforever

TY, i'll do it! :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. ayrtonforever

i tried these settings and i must say they are good but there is something really weird about the ffb. in the forum I read enthusiastic comments and I was optimistic, even though we know that the ffb is a subjective thing. but I have noticed that the predominant thing is a constant spring effect in the corners, as if the suspension is bouncing all the time, and this is very annoying because it is almost the only thing that comes from the steering wheel. I give an example: in the stowe corner at Silverstone, immediately before the first apex on the right there is only one bump that can be perceived well in all the sims, here instead the steering wheel does nothing but bounce annoyingly throughout the corner and you really don't understand why. on the other hand, there is hardly any information on the grip of the tires or on the transition between grip and non-grip, even when playing with the FX slider. the same when the car switches from understeer to oversteer, the steering wheel does not give any warning of this and the only way to understand this is to rely on hearing or sight, but it is quite frustrating knowing that the steering wheel you have should make you feel anything

8. ayrtonforever

Can you feel the grip loss or understeering/oversteering through the wheel?

9. Gevatter

Of course I can but FFB is quite subjective :) My settings probably won't suit you well out of the box, just as anybody else's won't. You should treat them as a baseline to tweak to your tastes.

10. ayrtonforever

Maybe, but shouldn't those things physics based? I don't think we can have oversteering feeling by changing some values

11. Gevatter

Then how come you don't have it and I do?

Of course they are fed to the wheel by the sim's physics, but what you feel in your hands is a reinterpretation of that data by the wheel driver, and that can be influenced by the driber's settings to some degree.

12. ayrtonforever

i honestly don't know it, all i can say is that i used your settings, both in TD and ingame, without any change. when the car was starting to oversteer the wheel was giving absolutely no feeling of it, delivering a nearly perfectly constant force as nothing was happening to wheels.so i had to hear the tyre sound to imagine what was happening :(

13. Chris Horsley

Chris Horsley New Member

Use settings in the attched image and rFuktor 4.4 in game
    gain 35
    Fx 35
    Lfb 0
    Damping 10

Attached Files:

14. Gevatter

Weird. What car were you driving? Not all cars give the same feeling of oversteer. That's why some of the GT3/GTEs have those light bars on the dash that show the driver when he loses grip, beacuse the drivers struggle to feel it even in real life. My TD settings do practically nothing except make cap the max output force (Overall Strength), filter out the rattling and spikes (Recon Filter) and make the wheel a tiny bit heavier (Inertia&Friction). It's relatively pure AMS2.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ayrtonforever

16. ayrtonforever

i tried the C8.R and the Porsche RSR

17. Gevatter

Would be interesting to see if you have more US/OS feel in those cars with other profiles, and what the differences are.

18. ayrtonforever

Yep, there can I find rfuktor for SC2?

19. Chris Horsley

Chris Horsley New Member

20. ayrtonforever

But looks like this is for Logitech g29