1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. sk8

sk8 Member

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

Hi guys, I can't set mandatory pit stops neither in race day mode nor championship, it's greyed out on both gameplay modes. Is it not implemented yet?

Thanks.

3. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, GT4 Ginetta too.

4. macbtz

macbtz Member

The duration of the race must be established as laps and not as time.
    I guess it's something they'll have to correct

5. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

Wondering the same thing, I've been refreshing all day =P. It's nearly 6PM in Brazil now so I'm guessing probably not today.

6. cezar

cezar BANNED BANNED

Premium Expansion Packs - this will be a new option targetted for those who bought the Premium Track Pack, essentially expanding that purchase into a full 2020-2022 Season Pass (NOT YET AVAILABLE ON STEAM, SHOULD BE ON MONDAY JUNE 7TH)

Does anyone explain? Will who has the Premium track pack win the game pass?

7. Ricardo Amaral

Ricardo Amaral Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi guys, has anyone noticed strange behavior with the suspension of the m4 gt4?

I play on a gamepad, so it's a little tricky to say anything about it. However I found a very strange car to drive, it seems that the suspension is too soft and makes the car very bouncy.

Without meaning to, I ended up doing an unscientific test, where with the car almost stopped I keep turning left to right very fast, and the car behaves very bouncy. Maybe stating something?

To make a bigger conclusion I ended up testing every other gt4, among other cars of different categories.

Conclusion, I noticed that only the m4 behaves this way, and the other cars that come closer are the camaro gt4 and montana. But even so it doesn't compare with the bmw m4

I accidentally rendered the video at 25 fps, but I think it's possible to exemplify it anyway

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried to reproduce it with the M4 right now but no success.

Have you resetted your setup? (better cleared your tuningsetups folder of the Automobilista 2 documents folder)

EDIT: can reproduce it with keyboard inputs indeed.
    And it's indeed not for all cars the case but probably fixed soon(TM).^^ (They're tackling it)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  9. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

It's not only in replay. The tire sidewalls are missing all the time: Cayman GT4 and Ginetta G 55 GT4. The GT4 cars except the McLaren seem all broken in regards to damper setups, nearly all of them are jumpy and jittering, the Cayman and M4 are just the worst. Porsche 911 Cup are similar. Strange is also that the M4 does not allow negative toe at the front. Ther is in general a tendency in AMS2 that RWD cars use toe out in the front. often a lot like -0.5 but zero or low toe in at the rear. Since I'm an endurance race fan, I noticed that the front tyres are usually hot before the rear tyres and gone first in AMS2, due to those setups.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Manohy

Manohy Member

While waiting for a hotfix update my thought got erratic this morning. So from now if someone find AMS2 cool after this update and want to buy it and he is not interested by Brazilian content but only EU and US, he will have to pay around 95$ :eek: ?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

... The Brazilian content is gold. There are many great options to explore and have fun with. I am very thankful to have this in the sim world and I hope Reiza give us more one day..

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 4
  12. sunnysunday

sunnysunday Member

Any way to add real weather to already existing championships? Right now it's set to random and I can't seem to find a setting for it

13. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I noticed when you create a custom championship that a 'singlechampionshipsave_1_*.sav' file is created.
    Does anyone know if these can be shared?
    It might be worth starting a thread.

14. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

Thank you!

15. Stevevwhite

Stevevwhite New Member AMS2 Club Member

What type of race are you doing? Is it a timed race or amount of laps? I believe in PC2 you could only do mandatory pit stop on laps races and not the timed races

16. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

95$ is a bit of a stretch. Not sure if you specifically mean EU and US or more mainstream content. The base game has many single seaters, Group C, GT1, GT3 and GT4. Brands Hatch, Cadwell, Donington, Oulton Park, Snetterton, Bathurst, Kyalami, Jerez, Imola, Cascais, Kansai, Azure, VIR, Montreal and Spielberg. I believe you can pretty easily count Interlagos to the mix as it's hardly known as "Brazilian content" in other sims. Though it is their racing temple :).

That is quite a bit of non-Brazilian content if you ask me. But then you also have the Brazilian content and historic layouts on top which is like a big bag of candy to an open mind (I won't judge anyone for not trying them either). Sure if you're actually only interested in what happen to be in premium track DLC and Racin' USA, you're going to have to pay a lot more to get value from this game. But I really doubt that's the case with majority of people. And you'd probably have the same exact issue with other sims if you're really picky.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

This is a really nice update! :cool:

FFB:
    Even though I have only had limited time to test a few vehicles I have to echo this statement.. It's not a revolution as such like a few builds back however it's another quality step in the right direction. The DPi is almost perfect! That said one vehicle that continues to baffle me is the Super V8. I would say this vehicle was one of the more problematic vehicles in early EA and it has come a very long way since then. If you look at it's attitude in replays it closely aligns with a real life V8 Supercar, a series I love and watch a bit of.. I know this vehicle pretty well in iRacing and the motec steering torque data that is been logged is said to be pretty spot on. That suggests that this vehicle, even though it has power steering, will pull 25 Nm through a high load corner yet in AMS2 it is the opposite and is extremely light. To get anything near this (20+ NM) I have to crank on 150% vehicle gain from my GT3 FFB baseline and then I am just hit with considerable oscillations and track surface bumps when going down the straight. This occurs even if I run with 50+% of added friction and I have not had to do this for any other vehicle in AMS2. I admit on noisy tracks like Bathurst it's a bit of a problem for me however on smoother tracks it's much better and more natural feeling. I'd say one of the biggest differences between the two sims is how the tyre loads up and feels under lateral load. In iR it loads up a lot more with a heavier feel (i find this for most vehicles) and because of this I can feel what the car is doing a little more. I want to love this vehicle as much as I do the G58/DPi/SC Brazil however for now I just can't fully get on with it. Maybe I need to dive into setup which I am comfortable to do however with all these resets and limited time it just is not my focus right now for AMS2.

Sound: What a massive improvement for the track surface sound. This has fixed the dominant off throttle waterfall sound issue that occurred when driving in the wet. The new tyre pinch sounds are really nicely done too and help with feedback. The engine and driveline sounds are superb, especially for the new vehicles which are top shelf. The standard of AMS2 has been lifted!

Weather: I tested 1992 custom date for Bathurst and it pissed down so I am happy. I'm sure there are some quirks and limitations that some users are experiencing however it's just it's first iteration and I think it's brilliant we now have this option. Thank you!

Shadows: A good improvement however if possible I would like to see the resolution bumped up even further for "Ultra" users as there is still hardware overhead and some aliasing on the vehicle panels and a fair amount of aliasing particularly for shadow cast across the tracks in clear/light cloud conditions. On a side note the night shimmering is fine around the track except for opponent vehicles whereby every edge is lined white, shimmering heavily and heavily aliased.. I hope this is one area that can be improved.

Interiors: Great textures being used in the DPi and GTE's. Really nicely done! Hopefully the the LED interior dash buttons can be illuminated in the DPi for night racing as that would look very cool.

[​IMG]

Virtual Wheel: I am a little conflicted here.. I race with the virtual wheel turned off however I was surprised to see the DPi does not have this set as static as it has a LCD built into the wheel and with lots of good information. I still can not understand why vehicles like Formula 3 still show a static virtual wheel even when turned off as there is no LCD and many users have raised this since early EA. Please Reiza turn them off. Ideally it would be nice to have the option for each vehicle; On, Off, Static...

DPi: What a car! Excellent work Reiza this one is something special for me. I think it might even replace my beloved G58.. I know the cousin car, P217 from iR and this one is just great. The only thing NQR is the fuel tank size and the driver adjustable ARB's. All info is given in the Extended Vehicle Info thread regarding those two observations.

GTE: Sweet, very nicely done! It will be interesting to see the TT because the power to weight ratio heavily favours the BMW. The only thing NQR is the fuel tank sizes and the two extra tyre compound options. All info is given in the Extended Vehicle Info thread regarding those two observations.

Daytona: Just brilliant. I love driving this track and driving it with the DPi against multi-class opponents is just something really special for me. The night lighting is really nice as well and I find the headlights just fine.

Long Beach: Another really nicely modeled track and one I enjoy driving in iR. I have to ask is the mesh derived from scanned data because it is more noisier than the version in iRacing. The iR version is fairly bumpy in areas however not as much across the whole track. Some quick nit picky things I'd like to see which align to real life is a more darker rubbered in lines in areas with a lot more skid marks particularly around the hairpin + more track surface texture variance along the start finish straight. When the wind is properly implemented it would be nice to see the palms move too..

Ui: Very happy to see the vehicle selection information got attention. If I have time over the coming weeks I will provide an updated list if need be..

Setup Ui: A little disappointing to see that the spring rates are now displayed in click values rather than their representative torque value. I can only assume some cars require some voodoo spring rates however I may be way off here..

Tyres: Very nice to see uniform tyres used and branded correctly for GTE/GT3/GT4.

Ai: I haven't got too much into the Ai but I will in time as it's mainly what I race now. From the brief interactions I have seen they are quicker down the straight which will be good for tracks like Bathurst. I still see them side by side through the Dipper so I think there is some more coding needed for those types of scenarios.

Ignition: I have automatic engine start set to "NO" however all the vehicles I tested fire up automatically in the pits..

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

^
    My thoughts almost to the letter.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

+1
    Sometimes, especially during qualifying or practice, you are just sat in the garage for an extended period. Its immersion busting to be sat there with the car engine going while the driver is off getting a cuppa, going for a comfort break, changing setups etc etc. In terms of immersion its akin to sitting there while the car overheats.. It is incredibly frustrating that in order to interact with any setup menus, time boards etc the car apparently has to be in a fired up condition. There are keybinds for ignition and engine start, lets be in a position to use them.

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

I just happened to have driven the Passat Classic FL (needed a set up done on it though which is ok I liked that) around Bathurst on a very gloomy day at 3pm (4/07/2019) and it was after a rainy weekend actually, and the race happened and it looked very oppressive and dreary, wow and the light coming through the iron-gray clouds was epic...

yes it drove so good and I could slow/lethargic fishtail down the mountain on the other side and hold the car there. It was really amazing. Cascavel is its next stop.

The lift-off oversteer quality in a word is: dramatic. It goes to show, which we know but it shows it anyway you don't need super cars though this patch and the game does have them (f1 reiza is top tier for example) in order to have a ripper of a race/track day lapping.

Just so I am clear, but when I set up the car, and maybe even prior, you can feel which way the wheels are pointing with this ffb custom thing, and default too, and feel the drag and the slide, its really well done.

No....no other sim I have tried gets such a feel with the wheel and its got to be down to the SETA tyre model and the drivetrain stuff, surely.

symmetrical ticked true

front left 5.7, -3.0, 100, 3, 1, 2, 2, 3, 6

rear left -1, 120, 4, 0, 4, 4, 4, 8,

center 28 steering lock, -0.6, 3, 2, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1

brake bias 60/40.... tyres 1.72 front, 162 back, rear down force 2.0, fuel 12L

___ ___
    F1 reiza and my further thoughts on the sim in relation to other sims.
    ___
    When you drive the f1 reiza round laguna seca for example, its great how you can chew up the tyres and with the heat, make adjustments to front ARB and the whole process is so dynamic, it even feels good actually when the car hits the curb and drops from a foot high, and the impact makes the wheel move. Dynamic time, weather, tires, physics, good job its not perfect but its satisfying lapping and this is how a game should be, the 'just one more lap' conundrum. I took a break - so I just opened up the pit menu and called a pit stop, selected change driver, and he jumped in for a few laps. Then when I wanted to keep driving, I selected it again and he went back into the pits (he had to go in twice once to get new tires which I knew he would I just decided to take the break then), and I later jumped back on. With the sun coming up it felt like a morning at the track and/or we were at a race meet. So this in my book means the game is of a level of immersion I think puts it ahead of others.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1