1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. selwyn gregory

selwyn gregory Member AMS2 Club Member

How about some hot lapping (time trial) in the wet or at night that would be different.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. eddhartley

eddhartley Member

I feel that AMS2 need some sort of basic weather forecasting when you enter an event using random weather (or the new real weather system).

Whether this information is pulled from the archive DB of weather (for the real weather) or just based on the weather AMS2 has randomly selected to appear in the next weather slot(s).

At the moment if it is a light rain start (where slicks would still be faster) it is just luck whether you start on tyres which make sense. On a damp track you would start on slicks if you know it is going to dry out, or wets if you know rain was on the way. At the moment it is just pot luck whether you make the correct choice.

Particularly with the real weather system, I don't really want to have to go online what the weather was in a particular date/location (assuming there a website you can do that on?) I want to stay in the game and keep the immersion of the race weekend happening.

Also, no real racing team goes into the start of an event totally blind as to how the weather is likely to change as the race progresses.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Rohit

Rohit New Member

Can you make it so that when you change the TC/ABS/Brake Bias, it shows up on the dash of each car ? Like it does in ACC. It adds in immersion and eliminated the need of using HUDs and other menus.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Small suggestion for settings dates for each event in custom championships:

Would it be possible to have, in addition to existing options, a button that auto-calculates the dates for each event based on the date you give for the first race and an interval (in day or weeks) that you specify?

For example, you set the date for the first race to be 20/March/2020 and the interval to be every 2 weeks and upon clicking the button, the tool would update the dates for all of the other races based on those criteria.

This would be particularly useful if you realise you want to move a race from the near the end of the season to near the beginning, as currently, to ensure each event is in the correct date order (thus taking best advantage of the new seasonal changes), you have to manually go through every other event and update the dates for each.

• Like Like x 2
  5. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Appreciate the custom championships tool is still in beta with more to come but is the ability to create your own championship points system in the pipeline, rather than having to choose one of the defaults?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Katch922

Katch922 Member

I have a feeling this has been mentioned before, but time permitting, please add a mapping for TC and ABS decrease, currently we can just map increase. And if you do add that, I would suggest being able to just set from 0 to 10 (or is it 1 to 10) with with increase/decrease instead of off/low/high.

Keep up the good work, the new update is amazing. Really cool to be able to use the headlights during the day now in poor weather.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. lstinziano

lstinziano New Member

My request is simple: I'd love to have the option to deactivate controlers and only use the mouse for the UI/menus (And viceversa can be helpful to some other people as well).

• Like Like x 1
  8. momorious

momorious Member AMS2 Club Member

This please with ability to directly Map a button for each TC and ABS value so you can control the values with the Positions of a MPS knob

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

possibility to set weather in custom championships would be nice. some not high end pc's can not handle changing weather that well.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
  10. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

Surely it has been asked before. Ability to save replays for free practice.

11. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Graphics Profiles:

Running with VR I get a dramatic difference of performance between Dry & Wet Weather, this is to be expected as the latter introduces more graphical effects & dynamic lighting of headlights. What I'd like to be able to do is to have Higher Settings for Dry conditions, then different Lower Settings for Wet, of course doing this manually is an option but it's tedious and time consuming. I could leave everything Lower but then I'm missing out on extra nice graphics in Dry conditions.

So an Option to have a set of Profiles available, to quickly change settings and restart would be great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. FearFactor

FearFactor New Member

Please give us an option to enter setupmenu (or re-enter) in the race pre start phase.
    It happens often that begore the race starts, ive change something in the setup but after leaving that menu i forgot for example to add more fuel but its not possible anymore to enter the setup menu.
    I mean, as long race is not started so let us change things and then enter the race.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jérémy GTI

Jérémy GTI New Member

Hello,

the game has evolved a lot and it is really fun to play now. But I still lack two essential things for me :

- Being able to create several wheel profiles.

- Being able to play in VR with my Pimax headset without having to activate parallel projection which consumes a lot of resources (AMS 2 is the only auto simulation where we still have to activate parallel projection with Pimax headsets).

Thank you gentlemen and continue like that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

Headlight control and intensity

low beam
    high beam
    increase the intensity of the light as now it barely illuminates the track.
    option to change color white or yellow beam headlights.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

Toggle for Flashing headlights
    Toggle for rain light
    Turn indicators on GT cars (useful for drivers getting blue flagged on MP races)

Edit: assuming we get full flag support

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

So much this! Should be high priority imo. Can't really understand why it isn't there already.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Rohit

Rohit New Member

Please add proper Interior lights for Endurance Cars and other cars. Right now only the dashboard lights up in GTE cars, while the steering buttons and cockpit buttons do not light up.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  18. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

In the pit menu, it would be nice to have the option "Repair just necessary".

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
  19. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can we have another .exe to launch in VR? Specifically so that we can have both VR and non-VR graphic settings (like in PC2).

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Danny Michael

Danny Michael New Member

A Free Roam map would be all I could ever dream of. Racing can be exhausting and some of us enjoy a Sunday drive in the mountains, or along the ocean, or ...

The maps in ATS and ETS are wasted maps. Make a deal with the developer to get those maps in AMS2 and you'll see the sales soar.

One can dream.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3