1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Here in Germany it is available - both packs Racing USA PT1 or the whole package Full Expansion Pack!

2. Chris89

Chris89 New Member

Yes but I meant the Expansion that turns your Premium Track Pack into a full Season Pass. That's not available yet...

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

Same thing Chris, I have the money saved, sat ready to buy the upgrade from track pack, probably not today now either.

I've pointed this out before and received a lot of grief for suggesting it but I would sooner have them be far more vague about release schedules and have it come as a nice surprise rather than anticipating the release, OCD refreshing and being disappointed.

Not a complaint, just how I feel about it, In their defense, however, I believe they used the words 'should be' (the 7th) this time =P.

Still, I can wait... I think.

Loving the latest update though, crazy good work!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes track rubbering carries over between sessions and regresses if rain starts

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Really loving the fact that A.I. are now much more consistent and therefore useable with changing conditions, great job there Reiza!

• Like Like x 3
  6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

GM with some not so nice words again :whistle: I joined in the RSR and didnt have any issues but he is saying the C8R is EFED during the 2nd race (at Imola)

• Like Like x 1
  7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Are we playing YT feedback face-off? I really don't know, why he bothers so much with it, when it clearly will never feel like AC :D Just let it be.^^

Here some more differentiated views (some more euphoric but some also bringing up fair points, but always being reasonable) to raise the mood for you:

:D yeah okay, it's overly more positively biased, ngl.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

GM is soo deep in not liking AMS 2 in his videos he cant switch sides anymore... Without losing his fanbase or/and creditibility. Thats my theory. But its good to have 2 camps, tho

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

He has streamed so many hours of AMS2 by now, it's almost like he is actually enjoying the title more, than he admits :D :D But really no, let's not create conspiracy theories. He has stated, that he likes the way, how you can host sessions very easily in this system and having decent racing without much shambles inbefore. (Same like for the pCars2 MP basically)

10. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

GamerMuscle's Guide to Find a Good Sim:

Can you casually drift every single car around corners while just using the pedals and barely using the wheel to actually steer?
    (Y): It's perfect
    (N): It sucks

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. RDG

RDG Active Member

So I went back to rF2 last night after having driven the M8 in AMS2 for a few hours to see how they would stack up. I was expecting rF2 to edge out AMS2 in feel but was pleasantly surprised. A summary:
    - FFB feels more detailed and overall better in AMS2. More detail at low speed and better on grip feel in medium corners. Fast corners are similar in feel.
    - Loading times are night and day, clear AMS2 win
    - Graphics are night and day, the tracks are similar in fidelity but the car’s interior is so much better in AMS2 its not even funny (I drive in VR so the cockpit is constantly in my view). AMS2 colouring seems a bit oversaturated though.
    - AI driving seems slightly better in rF2 still, especially multiclass between AI, but the AI doesn’t do the weird on/off throttle application in corners in AMS2 which makes them sound more natural in corners.

Overall in my specific user case AMS2 has taken the spot as my main GTE/single seater sim from rF2 and AC1. rF2 I now only use when I get the Le Mans urge and then only in a P217 as that’s the only LMP car worth driving with an actual finished interior. The Oreca and DPI-V.R look ridiculously unfinished in VR. AC1 is now only used for ovals, but I have a feeling that won’t last long ;)

All in all: great job Reiza, you have a fan in me.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. Manohy

Manohy Member

Let's be clear personally It's not an issue for me to buy all the 3 USA packs after the v1.2. To me it worth it. Thus without the BIG BIG BIG physic and FFB update It wouldn't worth it...I've decided to make AMS2 my IMSA and F1 Classic sim until I have better offer. I like to exploit the best of each sim. So I use the other sims for the other series.

After the ACC launch, the sim racing community understood the interest of laser focused content sim. People are starting to look at sim titles in a less broad way. As an illustration I post here a screenshot of my sim shortcuts.
    upload_2021-6-9_9-13-26.png

They are less and less interested in all cars and series sim which often has inconsistency across all the contents and AMS2 is not an exception. The concept of sim value is changing with it also. It's less "how much should I pay to have a sim that has it all", it's more "how much should I pay to have a complete and accurate serie X or Y simulation experience". Imho as a customer any full sim experience (cars +tracks) should be accessible under 60$ in 2021 (+ covid). Gt3, WTCR,IMSA, Indycars,etc. 60$ is the somewhat standard price for racing titles. For AMS2 for example 60$ for AMS2+full Gt3 cars and tracks (GT3 bundle or experience?) or AMS2+full GTLM cars and tracks (GTLM bundle or experience?) or full classic F1 cars and tracks (F1 Classic Bundle or experience) . Approached like this AMS2 has the potential to be HUGE and become the ULTIMATE sim. Being able to establish the price vs value flawlessly may be the secret of Kunos ( a small studio like Reiza at the beginning) which is making the best sellers sims of all time. They are even still adjusting AC price in 2021 to make more sales and many people are still buying.

From now our goal is attract more people into AMS2 so let's look with all possible angles. Despite the fact that we think that AMS2 is great, the growth is slow. For example the steam player peak after the 1.2 update is now already decreasing. Other than technical reason It may be because of the pricing too. As 1 year AMS2 users me and you think that the price is worth it , the newcomer may evaluate it differently.

Those are just suggestions. I love AMS2. I post here my ideas that may be WRONG also but I would like 1. to help it to grow and 2.be useful to it, instead of just being a fan. I see a HUGE potential here. Anyway time will tell.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

He's just a caricature of himself at this point, ranting for hours on stream because he's so triggered that someone made a video that contradicted his nonsense. His approach to every single car is to set the brake bias to 50%, yeet it sideways into corners, then moan when the cars become too snappy on corner entry. He complains about cars not being able to be driven with the pedals, yet spins constantly in slow corners because he doesn't use maintenance throttle to stabilise the rear.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Pales

Pales Member

In response to your comment regarding rFactor 2, I can understand if you're referencing the AI in terms of smoothness of driving, yes. It's probably the best available outside of iRacing AI. However, Studio 397 show very little care when it comes to the AI. A lot of behaviours have been broken since they took over, and the erratic throttle and breaking you mention of is due to a build they released in 2018. To this day it has not been fixed.

Outside of that, typically faster cars are unable to overtake slower classes on straight roads (quite simply the logic isn't there for them to do this). It has been acknowledged by the developers for well over 5 years but they haven't got the necessary skillset available to fix it. Much like if AI cars are on an inlap, they will not overtake other cars, even if it's a slower class. They are also unable to race in dynamic weather conditions either. The only half pleasant experience you will get playing rFactor2 is if the tracks are mostly curved. For whatever reason the ai logic code can interpret overtaking if there is a slight curvature in the road but if it's completely straight, you will just see a train of ai cars breaking every millisecond whilst refusing to overtake, even if they're entirely different classes.

rFactor 2 AI is honestly nothing special, and I wish people would put more effort into observing this before using it as a reference.

It's like when people say the ACC ai is good yet if you load up any track and watch them race each other, the starting grid is exactly the same as the finish, the logic is so poor that they cannot overtake each other.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Well, the reason is easy, at Saturday 5th, I and my virtual racing club, gave AMS2 a second try this year, and we, again, ran into so much trouble and bugs, that we sat our plans to halt again. (MUltiplayer NLS recreation) Currently waiting for a hotfix... if there is none till Saturday 12.06. It's over again. Why, because there is competition, and even old AC is currently more suitable, unfortunately. AMS2 is currently just that, a nice single player Sim.

Btw I want my GT4 cars to have tyres... really bad.
    And we simply dont want to need to log off and restart every session just to change a car or circuit variant.

16. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I always like racing rF2 Ai and find them quite good but a bit let down that nothing has changed since this video I made 4 yrs ago (s397 don't see as priority :( The Ai were doing the on off throttle thing back then (4 yrs ago).
    Also wish this track was updated because it was pretty good for its time.

As for ACC Ai, this has been a massive issue since AC, I have a video on that where faster class cars can't even pass the slowest cars in the game and I think Links have done little to change this ACC, I wonder what AC2 will be.

After watching back these videos it really makes me so happy to have Renato doing such great work on AMS2 Ai and how bloody good AMS2 Long Beach is :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. RDG

RDG Active Member

I have noticed the one where sometimes the cars refuse to overtake others and you encounter a slow train of GTE and LMP cars in the Porsche curves stuck behind a GTE while you are on your hotlap. Now that you mention they are unable to do so while on an inlap, that makes perfect sense. I was more referring to driving a GTE car and being overtaken by an LMP2 on the straight without the car first matching your speed and then overtaking you like what currently sometimes happens in AMS2. When I drive a GTE car at Daytona and are lapped/overtaken by a DPI on the banked oval, they often start slipstreaming until close, then slow down, then move to the outside and accelerate past where this should be a continuous motion. I don't notice this behaviour in rF2, that was what I was referring to. rF2's AI on Le Mans is very good in my opinion, which is incidentally what I drive most in rF2.

For the stage of development where AMS2 is at the moment, the AI is very good. The only thing in my opinion that needs tuning is the amount of time the AI battles each other by going side by side through numerous corners and the fact the AI does not seem to lose much speed by going onto the grass. I have seen the AI basically lap half the Nordschleife side by side whilst going fully on the grass and without losing speed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. RDG

RDG Active Member

The ACC AI has improved massively since they updated the release of the BGT DLC where multiclass is a thing. The faster class still can be a bit more aggressive in overtaking slower classes, but it's perfectly playable bar on very narrow tracks like Oulton Park where you can gain seconds per lap on the AI by just overtaking slower classes more smoothly.

19. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Yes, they got Stefano back to do some AI work prior to the 2020 pack; he streamed the development on his channel. AC was never good for this, although it's not too bad for sprint-racing in cars of similar pace (so long as you do practice/qualy), but ACC is a definite step up.

Not had a chance to try the latest AMS2 update yet, but the feedback on the AI sounds very promising and it's one of the biggest things to me. Raceroom has been the 'multi-class AI' leader for the last year for me though.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Prior to this update I have only ever had one AMS2 crash, had some when setting up a custom championship before hotfix fixed it. Haven't tried Nords since the hotfix so may try again and see if I get by without a crash. PC games are do much more stable than when I was a kid. I remember having a commodore 64 with the games on what looked like audio cassettes and they always crashed or would not load up at all, and they took forever even if they did work

• Like Like x 1