1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simucube 2 Pro recommended settings

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by ayrtonforever, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I just realized a mistake. In my signature I had FX OFF, when actually I use FX 25. Maybe that's the discrepancy.

2. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Active Member AMS2 Club Member

After some time I raised it till 15, without improving. But I will try to increase it :)

3. Chris Horsley

Chris Horsley New Member

Use the high end file in the zip

• Like Like x 1
  4. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Active Member AMS2 Club Member

tried with FX on 25 and now it's very very good finally :)
    i didn't believe that just 10%more would be so much different, but that's it :eek:
    i'm now finally enjoying the ffb, thank you ;)

• Like Like x 3
  5. Vic7or

Vic7or New Member

Hi, I’m struggling to get good settings with the new FFB + settings and my SC 2 Pro. I’ve searched some threads here and it seems in game damping and also lfb is beneficial with DD wheels such as SC. But what about paddock settings. Have you got any settings that work well? Preferably without severe oscillations and crazy ffb-spikes when crashing

6. BigNoseRacing

BigNoseRacing New Member

BUMP.

7. Gevatter

You could try the settings in my signature for Default+. The trick to avoid spikes is to lower FFB strength in TrueDrive and raise it in game. There is not very much dampening going on in my settings since i like my wheel to be lively. Adjust the Recon Filter for smoothness and in-game FFB gain to taste.

Steering range doesn't actually matter, as long as it's 900° or higher and it's the same in TrueDrive and in game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Katch922

Katch922 Member

Hm checked your profile and settings for sc2. I was a bit surprised to find everything at 0… but hey what the hell, I’ll give it a try tonight. Maybe share your online ams2 profile name would be easier to keep up to date on it.

thanks!

9. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Member

Funny, I tried the exact same settings a while ago on my SimuCube OSW when I tried getting feeling back into ACC because I wanted to test every setting separately - and what do you know, it immediately felt a lot better. Then I tried it on other sims and it's better everywhere.

Only difference I have, is Reconstruction Filter on 0 (prefer more detail) and bumpstops on hard.

@Katch922 I'd definitely recommend it.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Katch922

Katch922 Member

You know what, I do actually like it. I also tried a similar setting for ACC, but gotta say did not like it on ACC. That’s ok tho, I am pretty happy with my ffb on acc.
    Only issue I have is, hope I have the right word for it, wheel oscillation at high speed. Like the wheel shaking from side to side. Any way to get rid of it? I tried turning on bunch of settings, nothing seemed to affect it.

11. Gevatter

Glad you like it. Any settings somebody uses can only ever be a baseline for you to work off of and adjust certain values to your liking.

Back when I made this post I think I actually had settings in my TrueDrive, but even back then, it was a few percent of inertia, friction and dampening, like 5-10% if I recall correctly. The current settings in my sig are those that I use since the v1.4 (?) update, when the tires and the FFB where overhauled.

I run a higher Recon filter because there are certain cars, namely the ones on old bias ply tires, that still translate road noise very harshly, and I like detail, but I don't like that grainy feeling. Try the Formula Junior on Road America to see what I mean :)

12. Katch922

Katch922 Member

Yeah I know what you mean. I am using your profile now and just changed recon to 2, but yes for some cars I had to put it before to even like 7. So no idea on oscillation?

13. Gevatter

I don't have the issue, but oscillation can usually be mitigated by using dampening, preferably the damper in game, because it's dynamic rather than the static damper in TrueDrive. I have it at 45 in game to counteract the Porsche Cup weaving around a lot.

14. Katch922

Katch922 Member

Ok will play around today a bit see if I can resolve it! Thanks!

15. Katch922

Katch922 Member

Ok after trying out a few things looks like these changes made the diff for me. Changing from Default+ to default and changing rec filter to 1.

• Like Like x 2