1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Welcome to the real world. :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. eLeS

eLeS New Member AMS2 Club Member

I really would like to know when the premium track pack upgrade will be available, so i could decide if its worth for me to buy the Racin' USA DLC seperately in the meantime. This waiting really is making me sad :(

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Adam Bodorkos

Adam Bodorkos New Member

Yes, come on Reiza, please let us give you money! I can't wait to play the new USA content, but the logical next step now is to upgrade to the season pass, so I have to wait :(

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Im remember the time when AI not ramming into the player was ultrasophisticaded..
    Now the poor thing must be better than a Human MP.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Right. In my eyes he is more entertainer than simracer. Struggling for spectators he is telling the things his auditorium wants to hear. Reading the chat makes it clear, that most of the catters are AMS haters.
    But as AMS1/2 fanboy i have no problems to watch his streams because he IS entertaining, but i dont take him very seriously... ;)

6. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

If you’re not able to play online on whatever reason, it is nice to have an AI which can replace the human racers. Not that long ago it was ultrasophisticaded when the first humans walked the face of the moon. Now this is almost replaced by Mars. That is our nature, to develop and improve.:D

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I don't think flags work well for offline racing either, I never get yellows trigger, I rarely get checkers flag at race finish, the only flag I get work consistently would be blue flag, i can drive at night and rain without lights and not get flagged. I think we need much work on flags in AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

You cannot have a review not influenced by economic issues. be these advertisements, visits, sponsors. The viewers themselves influence the way youtubers represent the fact because their number, their compliance, the amount of subscribers lead back to the economic issues mentioned above. It's an old story, and it's still the same, it changes the medium, not the way to "use" the users. For me it's simple, I don't believe in anything that I don't experience myself.

Look at Hermin, he had condensed this process that took 2 or 3 year for a regular Ytbrs, in 2 month..;)

1) Ams2 is fantastic, + 1000 sub
    2) Ams2 the king, + 2000 sub
    3) Ams2 is not that good + 5000 sub

We got a sponsor;

4) Ams2 is sheet + 10000 sub
    5) Political view -10000
    6) Acc is King + 5000
    Etc

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Raphael Rodrigues

Raphael Rodrigues Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi guys! This is my first post here!

I really love AMS2 since the first trailers. The new DLC with IMSA stuff is really amazing! BTW... my favorite will be always Formula Classic Gen3. For me, the biggest charm of AMS2 are the vintage cars and tracks. I would love race in early 90s Interlagos or 80s Monaco with these cars!

Parabéns pelo grande trabalho!!

• Like Like x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Option is now avaiable :)

Automobilista 2 Premium Expansion Packs on Steam

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

It's hard to describe ... in some slow corners, despite all these physics revisions, it still feels the front tyres suddenly switch camber on corner exit, balance on an invisible rigid edge between sidewall and surface and then I'll spin (or, mostly, get sideways). Somewhat weird behaviour which can be experienced in almost every modern car in AMS2.

To a point, this might be due to me turning in too much while accelerating: That can lead to such behaviour, at least it does when racing karts. However, it feels too prevalent in the sim, and I don't see this on real onboards as often as I'd expect with how pronounced this is.

AMS2 could be perfect if this behaviour was toned down. It's especially notable on SuperV8, the P3 class and the Formula Ultimate, but the Formula V10 Gen2 does it, too.

12. CrimsonEminence

Do you know track temperatures, tire pressures and tire temperatures when it occurs? Is it also the case, when it's colder or also when pushing less hard (or even a lot harder) for a while?

13. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Good questions I can't answer immediately. I'm gonna test the car/track combos I did within the last days tomorrow evening, and make a video pointing out what I mean.

• Like Like x 1
  14. CrimsonEminence

Thanks, yeah that would be really great!! :)

15. Veemaster

Veemaster New Member

Congratulations reiza!

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

Well said! And this is a thing with the way the games out there are being made because a lot of these devs are already, but became/got real clever about how they position the product around the mid/early 2000's. If we remember back then hardware really came along, then ground to a halt round 2012. It was getting cheaper and consoles were getting more powerful. Engines were made and games either expanded in scope or made-better-focused ones. The overall addressable market in computing and PCs especially, exploded. Guys's we're talking from 10 billion to 100 billion. Bigger than movies.

History a bit next, can skip if thats enough to sate curiosity. But the 'paradigm' of computing shifted a little away from Personal computing developed in the late 70s and gates etc, BACK TO server/master providing for slave/user. Linux was already doing it a bit, but getting updates from servers is what Apple would also begin, but do not forget the first iphone was mostly a 'google phone' because those apps essentially sold it as it had no software store. We are only now realizing its a BIG fking mistake to move away from personal agency, and regulation enters into it. The games we want now are more retro in nature. Yeah yeah, the past - but sometimes in history like the roman empire evaporating, or greek hellenistic culture - we look backwards, not forwards, see :)

And yes do not forget mobile included in all that, but a lot of the development tools games/applications for PC was built upon exploded too and became more extant than ever. This brought about new investment to fuel all this, and opportunity's now AMS2 can take advantage of. Around that time from the top of tree there was a bit of head scratching because of market disruption, and we see investment taken away from the space into mobile and ARM, and servers, but over time it was 'limited' and the effort to support those things in software too expensive compared to existing implementations; though a lot of change occured. Thus, when PC's scope expanded there was a quality people realized could not be had elsewhere, the investment driven by players taking risk and doing things like VR, new graphics, new types of games and business models to fund it all. AMD showed up etc etc, servers changed tact, ARM pulled out of the space largely in terms of trying to dominate it, but the market for PCs was unprecedented by then, drawn by (like in F1 actually) what was possible for 'the rest of us', trickling down from the more pointy-ended top tier. Then other markets existed within it like streaming/twitch/youtube exploded, then competitive gaming. Well in that period of time, a flexible, augmentable engine called Madness Engine was created that, yes Rf2 is based on an extensible engine, but this engine could provide more throughput and smooth, modern graphics. With high frame rates

Madness engine = can do full simulator and be forgiving and enjoyable with multi player; or not forgiving/flexible. Top tier, front runner.

Something like raceroom - well focus on the experience with an older engine - soft graphics/nice, a simulation that is specifically designed to be a bit more forgiving than normal without not staying true to physics, but also its designed so you can pass well and race well, but mainly passing and altering your position in the race; it is pleasant, and competitive. Its slated towards one thing

Those two are examples and mean the word limiting is best a metaphor, or a word that people use that is in fact probably limiting itself or not telling the full picture but we use the word any way to indicate.

Thats how I picture RF2 and its a shame. Having thought about it I think the studio who bought it did it largely as a defensive means or to later sell or develop the property when new investment came through. I am not sure how that all came about, or if the codebase was a shock or not, but its like its been halted.

For sim racing to be frank, there were always people who 'believed' in the potential of the game, and some of us we kind of 'knew' the 'good bet' would pay off, though of course I think now with 1.2 that kind of understanding of potential for AMS2 is being seen beyond the group who thought that. For them believing or maybe even seeing is not enough, but we don't know what Reiza will be able to do in order to target that group of people, though with the increased youtube screenings there is definitely more people. But of course its down to having something substantial, physically there. Just thinking about it is not enough as the devs are the ones who execute things. Still, it all leads to something superb as you say!

I think the front runner for good engine/scope of game/full sim is AMS2 and probably AC2 of course. I don't really see any other title, forget iracing, thats not a mainline sim. There's a new breed I think we expect as paying customers who want something new in the market. Those game will still exist, but they move to the wayside. raceroom is probably saved by its free model, but it is next tier. I don't see any other genuine sims/full fledged feature rich that can strike the balance of 'forgiving without throwing out physics" (i.e raceroom lets you brake a bit better than you should/less effort at least), and full features. You know the kind of game like a Forza or Gran Turismo where you load it up and you have 10 menu options, or an F1-20xx game, though its more narrowly focussed. AMS2 is so wide and extensive. Its going to be difficult to get at it from other sims if Reiza do get ahead on it. Thats what I think. As a sim person who will play them, and like some new people into simming I am actually not beholden to any one title, 1.2 is kind of new ground.

Here is a well, kind of, fitting example, given the comments surrounding this title.

IF I want to do THIS

Then I basically understand, to have any driving style I want or a track day dynamism then I need to play AMS2 post 1.2. I mean without blowing it up, its the only sim that can recreate something close to the video so as to bring about feelings of uncanniness.

The original AC can also kind of get this thing happening, but its not as polished and you need all the extensions afforded by the content manager and various weather and controller-patches to get anything resembling AMS2 - to get graphics, car selection is limited in terms of major quality but there's lot, and ffb is limited until you turn everything in C.M on and mess round with it. With more momentum and leadership in certain areas of course the future could be very bright for AMS2; in order to establish itself further in the segment I am talking of. I am not trying to be magical in my thinking just I can see it now with even more hard work.

What I am saying is the AC and AMS2 occupy the same slot out in front basically now, to varying degrees of course, then the other titles either they did not or could not develop them further, won't/want to or will (and all those reality's I am glossing over) I am just saying its pretty clear this can be a leading sim in terms of being 'seminal' like AC. Probably at something like not 1:2 odds, this is a very unprofessional guess, but 1-6 odds or 1-8: not going to jump to any conclusions although its quite obvious the madness engine is not so mad and the scope of the title could be as such (yes without mods, I am not talking mirror image here or copy/paste of AC).

All I am saying is it is such that its AC and AMS2, and who knows in 2 years it could be AMS2 and AC2 in that regard.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  17. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

- F-Retro V8 and V12: Added Driver animations; Adjusted the position of the cockpit gear shifter.

Something I have raised before is that the gear shift animations for these types of vehicles are not correct. These vehicles use a dogleg shift pattern.

18. Ruan Ferreira

Ruan Ferreira New Member

I did a 1 hour race in nordschleife and it was so impressive. I do not like to race on rain (I still need to learn), but there was differents parts of the track where was raining, along different times of the race. Sometime, did not have rain for 2 laps, then rain on sector 1 (and was still raining there for the next lap). I mean... Man, this was really immersive and impressive at the same time.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

^ same at Daytona.. Best part of the weather system is that it's localized and something other sims do not have.. Very tricky and satisfying when you are on a slick tyre.. :cool:

add: Curious as I don't keep up with the goss.. Are there any other US confirmed tracks for a later date..?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

I used to not like racing in the rain, but I am now.

2 things strike me as different in AC as compared to AMS2. And I am not saying AC is the 'Jesus-game' or nothing, the second coming. But the glare from the LED lights in cars (with the dll injection/shaders patch) and the headlights I am not sure how real that is on a little screen inside the Porsche srs 2017 but it seemed to be on the mirror though not in the car lighting it up like in AMS2; this is an incomplete comparison. And the violence of the spin outs on a tx wheel.

It feels like a wonky game AC compared to AMS2 but the driving is pretty full, if a little overdone and punishing. I can see why people like it - they end up saying "well that was brutal! sure glad at least well lol - haha ya know! At least the headlight is glare-like and gets in my eyes, and wow! haha - ya know... lol at least the spin out was violent!"

This must be what its like spending time round actual race drivers - haha lol ya know! They punch me in the shoulder lol haha ya know! Cos Im a virgin with acne problems lol - haha ya know. And its a big wide world out there and those cars... they be powerful....

But its not a good game. There is a place for that in the market obviously though some of the sales would be on console. It feels like AMS2 was in July of last year. You high-fived people if you could stay on the track let alone finish a 4 lap race.

Im not trying to be mean! Just a funny way of saying it truly feels like a game designed in 2010 and thought of in 2007 after test-groups and surveys and people who played rally games round then, after what they wanted. Which I AM NOT blaming it for. It can't help it was designed ages ago and the people they surveyed or whatever are probably in wheelchairs by now, is a seminal title to become associated with sim racing, etc, now, yes, but it would not be like it is without its mods. Its just lipstick at this stage, hence AC2. Nor am I saying its horrible to play, but its the difference between, I don't know - jill of the jungle and ratchet and clank. AC is good to play I am just saying its not a good game since well I don't think it was ever meant to be one. Its biggest purpose to me, and there's a little bit of enjoyment to be had is in a test bed. Thats cool. So its another piece of software to me.

If we work out the review versus ownership of it, by 42 to 60, just say thats 36000 multiply (n) (49 in this case), you get 1.76million will do that. Conservatively. But maybe they were all excited and instead of every 50 people doing a review its just every 30, and lets allow a triangulation kind of thing (laymens terms) and make a number somewhere in the middle, and you could say the quotient is 30, and we would need to align or use other stats to help a little, such as 50% of people never comment on a forum, ever, and add a buffer/dampener for allowances you may get to 1 million or so.

Whats that mean - it means that with literally everything going for it, and even low prices now it sold 1 million, but interest is not likely to climb. If we see AMS2 doing maybe 500 at once versus AC's 3,500 what this tells me is that out of 4,000 people doing that in total, there's a bit of room to grow for AMS2. But its not apples to apples because there's a lot more content for AC, even if most trackers will say play time is about 1 hour usually. It could be many of them are going in and out via content manager.

This is why, I think, anyway people get excited about AMS2 quality. The 1.2 patch was probably the most qualitative patch in a long, long time in this segment. It got visibility and is being pushed beyond its normal boundaries. While this may not translate into more people as such I am not making that correlation I am just saying people are more 'popularizing it' for themselves, so the quality of the patch caused something to happen, thus its increased interest any way one looks at it - and now it becomes a part of the product being sold.

People move slow - I mean even myself, I could not be bothered driving in the rain! Jimmy Broadbent did it 6 months ago! There is always a delay in people between their denial of something and their uptake of something normally.

However the development of AMS2 is pretty nimble it seems. It could do more in the coming months. But I think racing in AMS2 is much better. The focus of AC is the driving. I really enjoy it too but it is what it is. I know AC is a driving simulator and it does it very well of course, but AMS2 is more full and I prefer the holistic approach to driving. AMS2 is a better (if less exhausting sometimes) drive in a lot of ways but one may expect that from a more advanced engine, it seems as though AC is designed to only do one thing (and I do setup ffb and car presets just right). Its hard to 'denote' something without drawing away from another thing in literature.

Right now however I think will find they will say (out there) that AMS2 is 'the cheaper' feeling one. But when doing the f-reiza round laguna seca of a morning that was the measure of any sim and new height I think for simming. Those standout parts take time to be known.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1