1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

Newest files are (almost) always in the second post :)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. jimortality

jimortality Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok great thanks

3. Ricardo Maya

Ricardo Maya New Member

OMG !!!! Thank you so much its perfect! Now we just need a good ranking online system and more people in Multiplayer XD

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

Hey homies,

For those using the rfuktor lol love that name 4.5 exp 1 and maybe other files, you can turn flat spots back on in the file it has its own line. 1.0 is a decent value it says. literally search in note pad for 'flatspot'. You could also turn it down to 0.05-.0.1 and its not as pronounced. If you're a true hero you would put it to .07 however.

If you're not braking right, alright...we're gunna find out...

so for me when I take the f reiza to virginia, putting on flat spots really makes the course that much better and needful to nail each bend and turn. its another tick of approval in terms of tyre, car and race management that adds yet another layer to the sim. As of 1.2 and maybe prior pitting-in has become a seamless affair and adds plenty of depth and choice to the track days; including making more use of the in-car management.

true story - 27% of my best qualifying times and race starts? - come from the AI driver via driver swap in qually... story time is over kiddies. so its pretty good.

No problem. I am glad you found it all and that I composited it into one spot at this interim (150 page stage) has seemed to help you :) thats great.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  5. worms14

worms14 New Member

Are there any users here who have applied this file to DD VRS DFP and can share their observations?

6. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Sorry I don't have any direct experience with that system however, for what it's worth, some SimuCube (very knowledgeable) users are recommending potential buyers consider that DD system along side the SimuCube offerings. I consider that high praise of the VRS DD-system as those guys test pretty much everything available.

7. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

We decided to get rid of experimental now, so took what we felt were the best pieces and here is the result, high end file, with a brand new unique name:

"muscleFuktor" attached:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Is this a reference to GM using the files on his streaming yesterday. :D ?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Raceracerace

Musclefuktor settings I am doing. (not altering file, adding back settings as per creators instructions on the matter) For higher quality belts in one place, combined with previous pages of settings.

Forget screwing round with the file yourself. If you have a belt then you need to follow this and literally change the menu settings for FFB and camera, AND alter 3 important settings (reiterate: this is so important as the file creators have better equipment and/or can't see to the dozens of variations over time)

If you don't then as the saying goes "you're leaving money/ffb on the table"

The final production values need to match up - thats why we change other settings. I personally never bothered doing this as it was not necessary or possible to reach such a high quality level. Now it is, and I spent 30 minutes because I understand scales within scales very well, and these file structures very well, in order to not mess with it for 150 pages.

For a tx I am able to put the gain back to 100, but nothing wrong with leaving it at 95 either long term or in between those values; this will make up more ground than these values here on quality driving feel. If you have a quality belt-driven wheel and LFB is not 80, you're probably missing out, for example on some FFB quality. values, they were 90-95 or 100, 80, 65, 80, menu spring your choice.

(exaggerate_front_load_feel 0.44) (was zero because people didn't like it back ages ago and no one really missed it - and you may like 0.6 better, etc, i doubt it though
    and

(flatspots_scale 0.07) (was zero)

try 1.0 as the file suggests first. then try 0.7, then 0.4 for example. Sometimes in the case of flat spots its .5 then .1, then .05, etc. or 0.07 which is what I do.

Because the files are basically awesome, you do not have to change much or fiddle with it for ages. If you are ever in doubt about a solid reference point, switch to the very good default mid-lap. You can edit this with the text file open and resinstate the file within the game by restarting the day or changing etc.

(tighten_range 1.0) #Use for lower end wheel bases. (you want that at 1.0 for belts almost certainly)

This file's more on-point than in the 3's or 4's days, so you will want this. If one has to create more room in the spectrum and AMS2 is good at that over other sims, as it has a but more to work with than in other sims, then in the center it will suffer, this will be one of the largest differences.

Also, you may wish to drive raceroom in the porsche gte down the nord 24 hour to compare. Thats a 6 point tire model iirc

(exaggerate_front_load_feel 0.44) A very important setting, long left out but for which if you have a belt will give you a lot more feel.

I do all my testing at nords, often in the rain, at night, in race conditions, with the text file open on a second screen eyeing off any line which I may need to alter, so far for me (probably everyone who likes high production values) that amount has been.... two...which he basically informed people of anyway.

This will not wreck your file, keep a copy, and is not me saying the file is wrong, its 2 extra features people may or may not like, that can get in the way of driving pleasure/less-sim, more-sim. Remember tightness if you think the file is too loose - this is not new since instructions on this have been on-going - I just personally did not want to alter anything in this regard prior to 1.2 for consistency purposes in devving.

____

If you blocked me then this worked out well and is relatively fitting. I would not add any dissenting voice to the file by suggesting changes, or going contrary to the direction of the file. I find the files' creators process and workflow in this regard top-notch. We're not in August 2020 lol any more

- Just be aware of when you adjust in-game, that your tires especially if its nords, middle of winter, morning, will be cold; practice session and green progressive track will not be rubbered-in. So take into account the dynamics of the day and track. Cold rubber is going to feel different, which are all things I like about the sim. 5 or 10 degrees centigrade can make a large difference to the taciness (stick) of the tire, its air pressure etc. You will see this just like if you took your bike out in the middle of winter in the sub tropics for example. Its fricken brick-like, then its biting better. You will not want to tackle a round-about with any speed or keep it in a safe area of the power band until you know its got some bite.

When you do 180 or 200 kms you are trying to hold the thing straight. A little dash to the right could mean you moved the wheel 3mm. At those speeds you are not so much trying to drive on the curve's or track, but account for the bumps throwing everything off. These cars may alleviate that a bit I suppose.

- Just so we're clear and people understand me, I think this file gives a good amount of high speed uncertainty and control at the same time.

- My values for my non-DD wheel are welcomed, because this file is a high end file, that does more than what 4.5 exp was doing where you could get away with not adjusting the file.

I like that the additional 'swaying' of the car in straight lines, raceroom does this too, and its a sensation missing in AMS2 until now/recently; and because I do not know it well, perhaps it brings this file in line with the default but in a more relaxed manner, default for me has been tight of late but in 1.2 very very good. I like how the car is more weightless with its forward momemtum increase. And the steering sways well.

With my changes for a TX you may wish to do so, as the effect is wonderful all told. If you own a higher end wheel as anyone should know by now in here, then you may not want to change anything. If you do change anything make sure you do it under the guise of reference-point testing. Note that Raceroom is more specific in the lines you can take when driving because the game specifically is designed to help out, which is a different tact to AMS2, thus you may find Raceroom more accurate as its meant to be online-competitive. AMS2 is more of a sim in that sense; its more wishy-washy, not a detraction just different because the style of driving as such does exist within its model.

- if you just want to think about this FFB file and AMS2 for a second - raceroom assumes for gameplay purposes that you are a good driver and in fact with its settings it makes you a good driver so as to not disadvantage you for online play - AMS2 does NOT assume this or mix things up like that, being more pure. Like the AC v AMS2 thing. AC assumes you will race on one line and one line only and puts every car force through the wheel, AMS2 does not, and its probably the better for it as its more free be be expansive. This is reflected in the much better driving experience in AMS2 overall; and if we're being honest is probably what AC2 will strive for. AMS2 has struggled a little due to development, yes, but also the 'greatness' of the driving experience is not always immediately apparent in this sugar rich cookie cutter world. Its likely AC2 will advertise itself into contention etc to get over that, so it hits the ground running. But the forgers of this ideal of open-ended driving has been Reiza in my book unless I am mistaken.

- in order to maintain the aesthetic and feel of the file these settings do not contradict its paradigm; they are settings that possible are not even needed on a DD (or to much lesser values per how you will scale it down for you as explained) or per your taste, but on a tx and similar this will almost undoubtedly be complimentary and fitting.

- I always think of a flatspot sitting under 1000 kg's of car would be noticeable so its glass half full for me.

- I don't adjust slip or anything because its fine, and slips just 'happen' anyway. You can definitely feel it with the main settings adjusted in the menu; saving it is another story, but thats driving. It should not hinge of the FFB alerting you excessively with the hand of god, but determined by your own driving prior. I think its nicely done in the file.

( camera menu settings for shake for mine, good estimates always been fine, and done to the level of the senna f1 mod but more reasonable non-sea sickness levels in RF2. )

camera shake on,
    legacy head movement=yes,
    yes,
    no,
    VR is probably a different story.

Prepare to still be blown away.

- test with default gte porsche at nords in winter morning. Test with F reiza at Laguna seca with the front ARB at 16 (not 19) in summer, morning 9am [ front feel was already good with this open wheeler but this is extra smoothness and trigger-finger type accuracy in musclefuktor]. And brake bias should probably be 57 front. And note the dynamic tire wear over time as it may force you to adjust ARB and brake bias down or up. Really cool.
    If you don't want to do 30 laps at Laguna Seca with that car and the file I would say you're having a joke!

-BMW gte also at winter nords, mist on the roads, and/or both those gte's at a raining nords in a race situation - even better than 2 days ago should be. Thunderstorm will be life threatening, so just add rain in between sunshine or just the non thunderstorm rain. And early-mid morning for temp changes (edit a 30 min session with 30 or 60x 3 slots should do well to get rain shortly and a wet track and patches of sunshine)
    - and virginia grand, with the corvette, race situation, set ARB front 13, third spring 11 and back ARB 5. Should be a good one
    - alternatively gt3 McLaren, default brands hatch... all those if something is up compared to your preference ffb you should feel it immediately.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

Very happy with exp 4, so will be interesting so see if this one feels even better :)
    I did a compare with exp 4, and it seems like it is only subtle changes, so I guess you are getting closer to a somewhat 'final' version?

11. Karsten Hvidberg

I think so.
    But we will make a few changes to the center feel today & post that change. I think we made it too sensitive and also we might add in a little more strength in to it.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Karsten Hvidberg

hehe, yes, we had to, just for giggles. :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Raceracerace

Just on that, I hope so, but also

:) you have to specifically test it in varying situations after you establish a baseline reference across several iterations probably (and reiza's default) - and as per 'blind testing' you need to 'purge and cleanse' that result side-by-side of any nonsense from the test.

Result: It most definitely is, also I listed a bunch of test scenarios in my above post. Don't trust your intuition on these things. Its got NFI. What it needs is certainty and clarity. I do not think most people would have tried exp4 (and there is less difference than from 1 or 2) so the jump should be significant.

14. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey Karsten, first of all thanks as always for the new file, I can't wait to try it tonight when I get back from work ... I also see that you have fixed the redundancy and definitely the flicker of the HUD telemetry by distinguishing "gain 2" from "gain" and "damping_slider2" from "damping_slider" ;)

In the meantime, not being able to test because away from the pc, I have a doubt and I need to ask you a trivial and perhaps stupid question, namely:

"The custom file (but also the default) is able to process values higher than 100 when GAIN sliders in the game menu are set to 100???"
    Let me explain better, if in the menu I set a cursor to 100 (for example the GAIN) and then in the setting for car use + 120%, the output will be 100 (because it is the maximum) or it will be 120 (I am not referring to the aspect mathematician but to reality) ??
    Can anyone confirm me by looking at the telemetry HUD to see what it throws out???

In the meantime, I take this opportunity to wish the whole forum a wonderful day!!! :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kuku Maddog

Hey Stakanov

can confirm telemetry fixed, and gain displays higher than 100 if per car raised. there is a small discrepancy where it displays 1 point lower.
    so 120 per car = 119 in hud.
    Tested using gain slider on 100

• Like Like x 1
  16. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you very much @Kuku Maddog ... ;):)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Kuku Maddog

The blend line still feels good if put into centre full I reckon.
    (blend (min 1 (* lfb_slider 2)) 0.25 0.5))

maybe it doesn’t work so well on DD ?

18. Karsten Hvidberg

Ok, will try adding it in again for a post later today :)

19. Raceracerace

Well the limits of all this is that people have nfi to start with. Don't be in a rush mate, they will take another 2 years to work out front load, settings etc. Most people would not even consider low force boost a thing. They're not going to notice little changes.

I would be interested in the unique downloads if it numbers above the dozens for each file.

The problem is now over-use of adjustment. I adjusted the file one time. Took 10 mins. This is the level of adjustment/interest from the average person.

If the files are to ever get out into a wider audience and the uptake, guys like kuku might need to find a new hobby

lol eugggh... euggghhh he blocked me, but yeah man, euuugghh the bleeeennddd liiinnne lol...it feeeeellls so gooood.

What does he know. He's probably an alright bloke - but I think he knows between next to nothing and fk-all of next to zero. Heck I took 10 mins for adjustment, what do I KNOW? Nothing. It needs 100 minds on it. We're in the same boat, me and him, but the difference is the APPLE difference, come in at the end and redefine. Its harder to hit a moving target; true, but the addage of absolutely 'nailing' the moving target is harder again. Seems to be 99% of the way there. But its probably time to stop and smell the roses; which is why I believe more and more people stick to various versions in 3's and low 4's.

20. Karsten Hvidberg

Just posted an updated file in post #2:

Here too.
    Really appreciate your post for me @Peter Stefani, based on the first muscleFaktor.
    I hope to create a full muscleFaktor.zip file with that as well as other versions, potentially, @Stakanov @Kuku Maddog ?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1