1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Well, its not great, but 'developmental area' is probably how I would frame it..

2. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'll just leave this instagram post by BMW CEO here noting that AMS2 still has some space for a King Proto class right now to be filled :whistle:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Yeah I must say the Lambos and Ferraris are really underwhelming...for some reason there's a bug where I can't see them anywhere no matter how hard I look, how strange Reiza :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

I Agree, the sound of the cars are realistic, but the bit rate of the audio must be pretty low.

5. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

I think Ettore was following a conversation about iRacing ;)

6. CatAstrophe05

Jokes aside, that reminds me of some peculiarities in the Overrides folder: there are some leftovers from PCars2 however only *some* cars from it are intact instead of all, so I may just be pipe-dreaming and grasping at straws but perhaps the selectiveness has a meaning ;) (Note the Custom Liveries folder has all PCars2 cars though) And it's not like Reiza are afraid to reuse PCars 2 content, there's plenty of cars which I'm fairly sure use the same model and even Reiza themselves have admitted to using SMS content as a base for certain tracks (albiet highly edited)
    upload_2021-6-10_20-20-27.png
    upload_2021-6-10_20-21-42.png
    upload_2021-6-10_20-22-1.png

• Like Like x 1
  7. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Will there be an offer on the game any time soon? Would love to pick it up for my lad.

8. FeltHat

FeltHat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

steam summer sale is relatively close, the game should be on sale aswell

• Like Like x 1
  9. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Ah of course, will see if it drops in the steam sale. I want to get him onto AMS2 as soon as possible, he only has RaceRoom at the moment but loves jumping in AMS2 on my gaming rig, and likes my old G25 h-pattern/sequential.

So I've built him his own little sequential shifter to go alongside the G29 shifter.

Ayrton-Sequential.jpg

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

SimHub

11. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Unless it's been removed I could definitely hear the TC in the RSR and yes it sounded just like the pit limiter.

12. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Not really, I mean the Season Pass is supposed to offer the best value, buying it in individual parts is going to be more expensive.

Here, the Expansions Pass (the new one) is only 1.4x the price (£50) of the full 3-part USA pack (£30), so it basically means £20 more for the historic track packs, the street supercars, the off-road stuff and the Brazilian GP legends stuff.

Personally I'll probably buy pack by pack anyway, because frankly the road cars, oval racing and off-road stuff are of zero interest to me.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

@Dean Ogurek

Just to add to what you say, AC can have incredible sounds as a select, talented few modders have managed. One of them is now doing sounds for AMS2, luckily for us, but honestly I've not heard better car sounds than the 917 and 512 by AMAFMOD.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

You've to see Simracing, Flysimming and Trainsimming DLC as a RC/Train/Dinosaur modelshop:

Whenever you enter the shop you've looking at the models you are interested in and want to buy. Lets say I am into trains. Lets say I like UK-trains and such, so I only buy the awesome UK-trains. So I am happy. Ofcourse I could buy everything the shop has, but that's going to be costly and I am not interested in German or US-trains, so why would I buy them?

Just the same how I collect dinosaur-models. I really really really love Saurapods and Ceratopsidea's aka the Longnecks and the guys with the horns & grills. I am not interested in buying Therapods aka the dino's walking on two legs and eating meat (Except the Therizinosaurus. Which doesn't eat meat)

Anyway you don't have to buy all the DLC. It's just FOMO that makes you. Same with DLC for CK2 or EU4 or any other game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  15. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

Ducky_infobox.png

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. CatAstrophe05

It's a good idea on paper but selective purchasing could easily be abused by more greedy corporations: the last thing we need is more games with iRacing or rF2's business model and pricing right now

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Thats why I love it for Sim-games and dislike it when normie games use it.

18. CatAstrophe05

I was talking in the context of sim games but I mean I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes a thing in other titles with how greedy triple-A corporations are getting

• Like Like x 1
  19. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm of the opinion that low populated games such as AMS2 should avoid splitting the already tiny pool of players into even smaller groups. So in a broad sense, the less DLCs, the better.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

GTE Tyre Grip

Firstly I really enjoy these cars however I am seeing some very unrealistic times due to excessive amounts of grip available.

For my first run I ran the BMW M8 GTE at Nurburgring Veedol circuit with 130 litres of fuel it was simply too easy especially for how aggressive I was driving and with low TC. I then went to a test day with 20 litres of fuel with the default setup and on my first push lap I went into the 1:48's.. It will be fairly easy to go into 46/47's with a decent warmup and some setup changes. Last time GTE ran at Nurburgring I think they were in the 1:54's. I know the GTE's we have in AMS2 follow IMSA wich use a Michelin tyre therefore if you look at the Laguna Seca TT lap times drivers are already registering 1:15's which is on par with DPi real life times. Last years real life qualifying time at Laguna was a 1:21.4.

As much as I enjoy driving GTE's this fast I presume this will be addressed later. Not that it bothers me; with the recent BoP changes and major engine output changes to the P1 AJR Honda I think once these tyres are sorted it maybe time for Reiza to reset the TT leader boards.. Something they have been alluding to for the last couple of major releases..

• Agree Agree x 4