1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 - User Livery Overrides

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Rob Thompson, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Chris89

Chris89 New Member

I've had that bug a couple of times when I made my own livery. Most times it was solved by exiting the showroom and entering it again (maybe try 2-3 times). Sometimes I quit the game, exported the livery again and replaced in the AMS2 folder and then started the game again and it usually worked...

2. MrX

MrX Active Member

thanks Chris I'm going to try it. Hopefully they can fix this because it's very bad and time consuming

3. MrX

MrX Active Member

That do the job... back to desktop and start again.. spend 5hr for nothing Grrrrrr:mad:

But thx!!;)

4. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

would be nice if we could create the skins within the game, Forza 2 on xbox 360 had this feature, so many years ago, just add it to the game please, proper skins makes the game so more attractive, add a folder to the game where we can save logos in png and be able to add in the skin creation in the game.
    we can't paint wheels, can't change car numbers, headlight colors. I know that it is probably not a simple task to add this to the game, but could you guys at least put in a not distant future this feature to be added to the game?
    I

5. Puchouy

Puchouy New Member

This is a great idea but I wouldn't expect something like this anytime soon. It's a massive undertaking having a full livery editor ingame. At most I see reiza doing some kind of editor like the one in ACC. Or even the madness engine doesn't support changing skins after the game has been loaded.

6. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

Madness engine supports changing liveries while running. Just write a new file to the old filename and select another car, show, then go back to your first car and the new skin will apear.
    So its just a kind of reinitialisation needed. It also suports kind of decals, e.g. some cars have, not accessable, windscreens and other parts.
    The problem is, they (Reiza) would need some more projection layers, which makes the system slower, a placement system, a 3D editor and maybe a simple paint system. And you need a distribution system via netcode and maybe steam workshop or others for full liveries or just parts.
    Also a whole new skin assignment system, because currently it exists as fixed internal lists (aka livery overide system for public use )
    So it will be very much effort to change the current way it works.
    On the other side, AC/RREE/pCARS1,2/RF2 don't have it, though you can get great skins for that, apart from RRRE, that does not support skinning.
    ACC and iRacing have a simple system, but if you want really great individual skins you need a good painter again.
    And to be true, who really owns hundreds of cars and skins, and who really has the skills for creating real good looking ones. If yes, in the end you would use Photoshop or Gimp to create exactly to your needs and not just use a simple ingame painter.
    The only thing we really need is a good 3D-viewer with realtime capacity, where you can save your file from your prefered painting tool and see the results in the next second. Whoever has painted with AC's Content Manager preview knows about what i'm talking :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chrisi74

Chrisi74 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Because Brainbug is of the opinion that a Grello Skin for the GTE Porsche does not work, I will not publish any more. And I don't care if this was a joke because the motivation to finish it is gone!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

The Grello, one of my favorite liveries :)
    Beyond my capabilities, so very happy you are doing it!

9. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

these 3 are now done
    20210610022003_1.jpg 20210610022302_1.jpg 20210610001736_1.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  10. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. John Mendez

John Mendez New Member

There is a thread somewhere on this forum, where we can download all the available skins?

12. Brainbug

Automobilista 2

13. Brainbug

Sad move, chisi. :oops:

It’s not that I was rude or anything like that into your direction, so to be honest, I have to say that your move comes surprisingly to me, still I respect your decision, even when I think it’s not fair to „blame me“ now for all folks not enjoying your grelllo version.

even more strange because we have a gt3-r ingame, so you „could“ create the „real“ grello for AMS2, so you do not need to go „something similar“ with a rsr, but hey, from my side you can put any skin on any car. Just because I personally like „real“ skins more (speaking about real-Life skin on the real-life car type, it’s sad to all other users having another opinion. I did not expected to have such power to stop you working on skins with „just“ one informative posting pointing out that grello is gt3-r, which car type is available ingame.

i would understand your move when I would have attacked you personally or would have said that your work is crap, but I think you know very well that the opposite is the case.

still, let me say sorry to put your motivation down.

14. John Mendez

John Mendez New Member

15. Chrisi74

Funny hint, because I don't know that there is an old GT3-R in the game?
    I wanted this skin for myself on the GTE Porsche and then make it available to everyone who likes it!
    Yes it is fictional but if you want the real skin for the gt3-r you only need to get it from Project Cars2 because it is identical HERE Manthey-Porsche_gt3 DDS File

• Like Like x 4
  16. Brainbug

Hell, that means all pc2 gt3-r work? Missed that, thanks. :cool:

about your plan... go on I say. No reason to not. :D

17. AlexBfromG

yes, but i have to figure some things out first. im currently working on the fourth skin.

18. Chrisi74

Fictional Manthey GTE-Porsche (released on RaceDepartment)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Better an External tool, without messing with main code...

20. AlexBfromG

skin #4 ready. 20210612175341_1.jpg

• Like Like x 6