1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I love that the pictures match the content update!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

[QUOTE:Renato Simioni]Added 'Suspension Setup Display' option to 'Gameplay > Display' allowing users to choose between steps or rates for suspension setting input values. (Main menu only. Cannot be modified in-session)[/quote]

I’m so glad you’ve offered both options. A few months ago I’d have begged for a simplified unit system, but now real life units make so much more sense to me. I’ve been a little lost this week.

Many games companies would call that a big update. Thank you for your continued commitment.
    EDIT: I can’t remember how to manually quoteo_O

• Like Like x 3
  3. Ricardo Amaral

Ricardo Amaral Member AMS2 Club Member

The bmw m4 is another car, much better!

The gt4 class is amazing, and my favorite car is the 570s, it's just wonderful to drive this car.

But I'm going to be a little boring now. The mclaren 570s dash appears to be using a standard gray material and could look much better if it had a fabric material. I even remember when the bmw m6 was released, it also had a gray look, and then came the fabric texture with later updates.

It's a small touch, but it would make the look even prettier.

And I took the liberty of attaching a link where there are many references:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Reeposter

Reeposter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Are you kidding me Reiza, another update? What an effort, good job!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

there is something very wrong with long beach replay cameras.
    I have an rx 6800xt playing in 4k 60fps no problem using 60-70% gpu and during replays it drops from 60 to 30 fps for no reason using 20% only of the gpu. The fps drop was bad already, but after today's update it is just way worse than before.

6. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

I tried after some time GT3 Mclaren without ABS and TC doesn't slide at all and you can slam brakes completely. Something strange is there. Is Mclaren super grippy and can do unreal fast laps on Spa with my skill?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I was falling out of love with the GT4s, this update has brought me back under the covers with them. If the devs could just replace the missing tyre sidewalls in the Ginetta and Porsche in Test Days, and get rid of the annoying Macca audio pop as the revs pass through 8000, the class would be absolutely tip top.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Can we please have this for the JCW Mini. Issue been around for a long time now.
    Also right side is adjustable but left side is not. upload_2021-6-12_8-57-3.png

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

I did small test because I am not sure what is going on but it looks like it's not possible to turn of ABS or TC at least on a gamepad. My current ACC time on Spa is 2:31, rF2 is 2:26 and AMS2 is 2:21. I used default setups but AMS2 felt rather like Grid, I could do anything to the car without any consequences. Doesn't feel right.

edit:
    Tried Camaro and doesn't matter if I set 0 or 10, it's probably always on for ABS and TC.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
  10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Reads to be a very good update. Thanks team.

• Like Like x 1
  11. bgil66

bgil66 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Just picked it up! Looking forward!! Thanks!!!

12. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I am in the other camp with the suspension values. Yes I have previously liked real values but now like the numbered steps. You can spend quite a bit of time tinkering with suspension and I usually just end up stepping through the real settings to see how many steps there are anyway and then convert it to like 1-8 when deciding where I want to set it anyway.

13. F1Aussie

Anyone know if the latest update fixes the snowy look at Laguna and Daytona in certain conditions?

14. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

Another good patch. A real studio.

The truth is what they know about these things they couldn't fill the back of a postage stamp.

( you know maybe its lost in translation or online - its everyone's forum, so when I 'poke' at people or to a little jibe, its in the spirit of informing someone, their lack of perspective is kinda funny but I am not snickering at them - I am not standing here poking baseless jokes or something. Just a thought, to be constructive with your pokes; most of all for me, its my utmost priority to stick to the topic of this patch and closely related things. Its a privilege to get such informative patch notes from sim making company's. Google used to do that, you know before everything was "general performance fixes and bugs squashed" for every patch, even on Linux/updates, the level of transparency is important - and if you think 50 bucks is too much, or you won't cut the first part of a graph off, or forget about the post-alpha release all that time ago, you're probably only selling yourself short, ok guys, just think about the bigger picture here)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2021
  15. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It feels like AMS2 forces motion blur during replays and doesn't respect the in cockpit settings. Perhaps, that's what causing the issue. I wish AMS2 would offer driving and replays specific settings like iRacing does...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Amazing update, thank you. I reported this small issue before, but I just have to keep wishing the seat or camera rotation angle while in cockpit would also be saved with each car... I find myself always adjusting the cameras when switching car, very annoying since I like to drive many different cars.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, and I believe some other graphics options are forced in replays regardless of settings. On top of the performance hit, the replays show some undesirable artefacts as a result. It would be great (albeit probably not the highest priority issue), if replays could be made to respect the settings.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax Active Member AMS2 Club Member

19. Manohy

Manohy Member

Thank you Reiza for the update.
    Anyway still having flickering artefacts on the BMW GTE premium content side mirrors
    body. It's really distracting during races.
    upload_2021-6-12_7-47-14.png

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. F1Aussie

I thought it happened on the BMW?